DJI Avata ATTI mode vs Manual Mode
140 3 4-25 14:02
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_baoP7syHeN9c
lvl.1

United States

Hi,

I recently experienced a flyaway experience where my drone went into ATTI mode & it started to drift sideways and eventually went into water as I was flying very close by lake.

Below is the report details from DJI support:
1. The GPS signal was weak, and the aircraft worked under Motion-ATTI mode after it took off at Flight Time T=00:13;
2. Flight Time T=00:15, Relative Height H=4.5 m, the aircraft crashed under Motion-ATTI mode;
3. In Attitude mode, the aircraft could not hover in place, brake, or avoid obstacles automatically. Please fly with caution.

I was using motion controller and I was trying to fly in a remote area with 0 satellites connected & a warning message of NO GPS/VISION sensor etc.

How do I fly in remote areas with 0 GPS/vision sensor not working properly? Do we have to fly in such areas with RC using manual mode?

Thanks.
4-25 14:02
Use props
SurveyorDJI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1644846 ft
United States

Sadly, you don't.
4-25 14:12
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 915554 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

FPV RC 2/3 will definitely let you correct the N/S mode's speed/direction in no gps/low vision, but it may not be enough in some situations. I haven't had a chance to really try it with RC Motion 2/3 since they allow you to fly backwards as well as drift to the side using the little joystick so they might be able to fight it too, but it's definitely not recommended to fly in the dark with no GPS using motion control. Manual mode with FPV RC 2/3 would be the way to go, yeah.
4-25 14:29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Sorry about what happened to your aircraft. When the GNSS signal is weak, please fly the aircraft in environments with good lighting and visibility. The vision system may not work properly in poor light conditions. It is recommended to only fly the aircraft in the daytime when the GNSS signal is weak. Thank you for understanding. Have a nice day.
4-27 02:20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules