Remove 500m limit for the Intelligent Flight Modes?
16705 92 2015-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

Nice Video

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-19 19:34
Yes, I forgot to mention that the top speed of a Phantom is 35mph. Depending on the age of the kid ...

We should also mention that it's a ton o fun, the kids (and their single mom's) will love you
2016-1-19
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-10
Use props
SajidShah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

Always Respect ur money and Drone .. keep fly safe
2016-4-10
Use props
CaptRuss
lvl.2

United States

Kyokushin Posted at 2015-9-14 04:46
This limit 500m should be removed for all modes. High fly is the risk of drone operator.

Not entirely:  It is also the risk, not of, but to innocent non-participants who might be the unintended & accidental recipients & beneficiaries of the consequences of an operator's carelessness, inexperience, incompetence, miscalculation, etc.
2016-4-11
Use props
birdingbilly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 843369 ft
United Kingdom

Rules and restrictions are inevitable and are only going to get more restricting.  Unfortunately there are just too many people that are either unaware of the rules or know the rules and choose to ignore them or are just plain idiots.  It is an unfortunate truism that a drone in the hands of an idiot can do untold damage. As the price of drones fall and they become more widely available (Apple Store etc) the greater the risk of missuse. DJI and others have a tricky balance to strike and in that I don't envy them.  Here in most of the UK we just don't have the wide open spaces to allow long distance out of sight flights or flights at elevated altitudes and it is therefore important that the rules are adhered to, unfortunately there will always be a minority that don't and that's more than likley going to end up spoiling it for us all.
2016-4-11
Use props
Mike_fnq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5623 ft
Australia

birdingbilly Posted at 2016-4-12 07:09
Rules and restrictions are inevitable and are only going to get more restricting.  Unfortunately the ...

The 500m altitude thing isn't about being 500m above take off point for many of us (The DJI restriction) In steep terrain you can be 500m above your take-off point and be under 120m AGL (legal and safe). In some instances this DJI restriction inhibits safe flight.
2016-4-11
Use props
birdingbilly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 843369 ft
United Kingdom

Mike_fnq Posted at 2016-4-11 23:24
The 500m altitude thing isn't about being 500m above take off point for many of us (The DJI restri ...

I can see that and indeed that's an issue in parts of the UK as well - our legal limit is 120m, which the P4 does have set as a default limit when sold here all be it very easily overriden up to 500m.  I suppose unless the drone can carry a terrain map its always going to be difficult for it to establish agl, maybe that will come with time.
2016-4-11
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

I vote unlimited range, I'm not likely to fly over 400 ft, but recently I discovered a rather nasty bug/anomaly that showed having limits IS a safety issue.. See my thread on almost fly away!
2016-5-7
Use props
jaraxle1zx
lvl.1

United States

Drones will keep improving, fly longer and farther..............I don't see the need to go over 2000 feet.

We do have this thing called the jet stream and I don't think the return to home button would do jack $hit if one day our drones could hit that level.
Jet stream is about 7 miles up so for now we shouldn't reach it.
2016-5-7
Use props
lakesentrance.c
lvl.1

Australia

I just use Litchi when i want to do a waypoint flight.

Create the entire flight plan on my PC using Litchi Mission Hub, then when I open the App it downloads my mission. No restrictions as far as i've seen. Works beautifully.

Then I use DJI Go app for general close flying, practicing manual A mode flying etc.
2016-5-8
Use props
Advocate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1076909 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NorthernLoop Posted at 2015-9-15 02:42
No, in the UK we have a limit of 120m

The 120m limit is a height limit. The OP was talking about lateral distance from the operator, not an altitude limit.  Also, the 120m (400 feet) altitude limit is for lone operators only, if you have a second person with you to ask as a "spotter" that limit is increased to 1000 feet.
2016-5-9
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Brandon00151 Posted at 2015-9-14 09:08
Since you have to set your waypoints by flying to them first you pretty much drain your battery if y ...

You can do that if you use the Litchi app.
2016-5-9
Use props
stephen_carney
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70873 ft
Australia

It is a worry though, that some drone 'pilots' would simply go up, up and away then possibly cause issues with aircraft.

2016-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules