DJI Avata 2 - Full throttle and max speed for EU drones, no hacks...
691 19 4-26 10:43
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skyscope
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 4202785 ft
  • >>>
Germany

As you might already know, the Avata 2's speed is capped in Europe due to its classification as a C1 class drone, which limits its speed to a max of 19 m/s.
With this mod, you'll unlock your C1 Avata 2's full power, and it won't cost you a thing or require any hacking.

And the best part: You can easily choose before each flight whether to fly with reduced power and C1 specifications, or at full power. Thanks DJI, solved my problems described here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=286299&mobile=2

Take a look…

4-26 10:43
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 915554 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Nice, now we have people doing false advertisement for their videos

To sum up, he talks for 12+ minutes in German and when he finally gets to the point it's just ham_cfg_support file which doesn't work if you updated firmware as you should have. Save your time.
4-26 10:52
Use props
skyscope
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

fichek Posted at 4-26 10:52
Nice, now we have people doing false advertisement for their videos

To sum up, he talks for 12+ minutes in German and when he finally gets to the point it's just ham_cfg_support file which doesn't work if you updated firmware as you should have. Save your time.

Interesting summary, although quite meaningless, since I've been running the latest firmware from day one, as always.
4-26 16:58
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

4-26 22:23
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

skyscope Posted at 4-26 16:58
Interesting summary, although quite meaningless, since I've been running the latest firmware from day one, as always.

Tons of people tried this the moment they got their Avata 2 and reported back that it doesn't work unless you keep prerelease firmware. You either didn't update your goggles, or aircraft, or both, or they're somehow special and different from everyone else's
4-26 22:44
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive tried the ham_cfg_support file and it does nothing.   If you applied it before the last firmware then it would have activated some channels which I believe stick after the upgrade.  
4-27 00:19
Use props
skyscope
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

fichek Posted at 4-26 22:44
Tons of people tried this the moment they got their Avata 2 and reported back that it doesn't work unless you keep prerelease firmware. You either didn't update your goggles, or aircraft, or both, or they're somehow special and different from everyone else's

"Tons of people tried this the moment they got their Avata 2 and reported back that it doesn't work "

Obviously you missed an important part in the video. Unless they had Fly App 1.13.1 ....

4-27 01:02
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

Sorry, I'm not that great with German, and the auto-captions are pretty terrible, but yes, I personally had 1.13.1 since day one because that update was released before my Avata 2 arrived and my goggles had ham_cfg_support on them the whole time since I just transferred the card from my old goggles.
4-27 01:20
Use props
djiuser_m9qFdCNPdPPN
lvl.1

Austria

fichek Posted at 4-27 01:20
Sorry, I'm not that great with German, and the auto-captions are pretty terrible, but yes, I personally had 1.13.1 since day one because that update was released before my Avata 2 arrived and my goggles had ham_cfg_support on them the whole time since I just transferred the card from my old goggles.
The ham file still works tested it myself 20 minutes ago. The file only changes the power limitation in ce. Frequence is still on CE, which is fine, but the default power in CE was to weak, so ita nice to bypass at least that limitation
4-27 07:09
Use props
Bensberger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1254337 ft
Germany

fichek Posted at 4-27 01:20

And did you follow the correct power-on sequence of (1) Goggles, (2) RemoteControl, (3) Avata, as he mentioned in the video ...? (8:25)
4-28 14:32
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

Bensberger Posted at 4-28 14:32
And did you follow the correct power-on sequence of (1) Goggles, (2) RemoteControl, (3) Avata, as he mentioned in the video ...? (8:25)

That happens to be the exact order I've always been powering things on (not that I believe the order has anything to do with it, but if it does then it's clear sign of it being a weird edge case which is maybe why not all of us experience it). Just tried a couple hours ago, best I got was ~23m/s down wind.
4-28 14:42
Use props
skyscope
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Then in your own words:
"You either didn't update your goggles, or aircraft, or both, or they're somehow special and different from everyone else's"  
4-29 00:00
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

skyscope Posted at 4-29 00:00
Then in your own words:
"You either didn't update your goggles, or aircraft, or both, or they're somehow special and different from everyone else's"

I guess it's me that' special as now mads tech is also saying it removes speed limit. Sorry for doubting you, but there was definitely confirmation bias with "it doesn't work" from literally everyone I talked to so I didn't question mine not working. I'll try factory restoring.

BTW does it really only work for you if you power stuff up in specific order as Bensberger said above?

4-29 05:07
Use props
skyscope
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

See Post #1...
4-30 14:16
Use props
FlugFux
lvl.1

Germany

Is there a way to remove the speed limit without enhancing the output sending power ?
5-6 02:10
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 89751 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

FlugFux Posted at 5-6 02:10
Is there a way to remove the speed limit without enhancing the output sending power ?

not so far as i found.

range of the avata 2 is really good in CE power compared to the avata 1 in FCC! (yes, my own experience)
5-7 22:31
Use props
DroneVisuals
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114114 ft
Netherlands

fichek Posted at 4-29 05:07
I guess it's me that' special  as now mads tech is also saying it removes speed limit. Sorry for doubting you, but there was definitely confirmation bias with "it doesn't work" from literally everyone I talked to so I didn't question mine not working. I'll try factory restoring.

BTW does it really only work for you if you power stuff up in specific order as Bensberger said above?

Hi im not sure if you figured it out already but let me tell you my experience in unlocking full speed in manual mode in CE Region.

I'm also on the latest firmware for both goggles and drone.

What i did was:
- put in the sd card in the goggles, format it using the goggles
- upload the ham file (make sure its not a .txt or anything as that won't work)
- start the goggles and drone, the order didnt matter for me.
- Put it in manual mode and also untick the box called "M Mode attitude limit) for full acro mode

After that im reaching the FCC speeds and full throttle in CE region. Still can't change channels.
yesterday 04:37
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

DroneVisuals Posted at 5-8 04:37
Hi im not sure if you figured it out already but let me tell you my experience in unlocking full speed in manual mode in CE Region.

I'm also on the latest firmware for both goggles and drone.

I haven't had a chance to test it again (broken leg), but my microsd card is fine and has ham_cfg_support on it from old goggles. Will try this weekend hopefully.
yesterday 07:34
Use props
player_87
lvl.2
Flight distance : 505548 ft
Ireland

The Ham file works fine, as expected when devices are powered up in a specific order, although the battery now lasts only 5-8min when flying at higher throttle
yesterday 14:26
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

player_87 Posted at 5-8 14:26
The Ham file works fine, as expected when devices are powered up in a specific order, although the battery now lasts only 5-8min when flying at higher throttle

This is what concerns me, some people saying order matters, and some that it does not. Sounds like the whole thing working at all for some people might be a bug.
yesterday 15:04
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules