Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HD Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5210007 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting view that just came out!

Possibly something new in the works! a fix? or a new FPV?

4-26 11:19
Use props
SurveyorDJI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1644846 ft
United States

Only "new" thing coming soon is yet another Mini 2 derivative. Time will tell if the video is not a hoax
4-26 11:33
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

SurveyorDJI Posted at 4-26 11:33
Only "new" thing coming soon is yet another Mini 2 derivative. Time will tell if the video is not a hoax

LOL... I heard the same thing about the Agras T50!  LOL
4-26 12:29
Use props
SurveyorDJI
lvl.3
United States

HD Pilot Posted at 4-26 12:29
LOL... I heard the same thing about the Agras T50!  LOL

That one was actually announced a few days prior.
4-26 14:22
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

SurveyorDJI Posted at 4-26 14:22
That one was actually announced a few days prior.

I know, I meant that I was told that the Agras T50 was hoax 3 weeks ago and here it is!
4-26 14:25
Use props
SurveyorDJI
lvl.3
United States

HD Pilot Posted at 4-26 14:25
I know, I meant that I was told that the Agras T50 was hoax 3 weeks ago and here it is!

The whatifs are coming!
4-26 14:51
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

glad i waited on avata2; still enjoy fpv and avata1.  need to wait until this gets sorted out so i don't end up spending too much money unnecessarily.  would really like to get fpv2 and a gogglesv3 next.
4-26 15:07
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 915554 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

As he even says himself near the end of video, this is all pure speculation. There's nothing to talk about, we've seen a lot of "leaks" like this - and even much more concrete stuff like almost fully baked support for devices that never actually got released (for example Inspire 2 with Goggles 2).
4-26 23:17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Avata Mini incoming.    Damn,  I would have waited for the <250g version.
4-27 00:15
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

DAFlys Posted at 4-27 00:15
Avata Mini incoming.    Damn,  I would have waited for the

It might be DJI FPV 2, but I'm willing to bet whatever that there is no Avata Mini coming anytime soon
4-27 01:30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fichek Posted at 4-27 01:30
It might be DJI FPV 2, but I'm willing to bet whatever that there is no Avata Mini coming anytime soon

When the RC3 leaked in the USA on one of the websites it did list FPV 2 as being compatible.
4-27 01:41
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very interesting for sure.  Thanks for sharing.  
4-27 06:48
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fichek Posted at 4-27 01:30

It would be interesting to see what DJI would come up within a FPV2 and not like the Potato ... maybe it will be a potato chip!   LOL
4-27 07:41
Use props
Arri_fpv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88248 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hmm i guess we wait.
4-27 09:55
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

HD Pilot Posted at 4-27 07:41
It would be interesting to see what DJI would come up within a FPV2 and not like the Potato ... maybe it will be a potato chip!   LOL

Whatever they do, I hope they learned something from all the people that crashed the potato and they consider at least carbon arm reinforcements of some sort
4-27 12:25
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fichek Posted at 4-27 12:25
Whatever they do, I hope they learned something from all the people that crashed the potato and they consider at least carbon arm reinforcements of some sort

LOL .. I don't know if they did learn anything, look how they designed the AVATA 2. It's MORE fragile and you CANNOT repair it yourself.

Carbon-fiber.. you wish! Look at the arms on the Avata 2! . The lower arm is part of the main base plate, while the tops are plastic clipped to the lower are so the wires can be embedded in the structure.

We will see, but as for learning from their previous designs.. the only things talk about on the Avata 2 is the better camera, O4,  battery clipped in (Thou Billy Kyle did manage to eject the battery out of his Avata 2), lower profile, and being a quieter. The biggest gripe is the inability to do repairs yourself.
4-27 14:11
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

HD Pilot Posted at 4-27 14:11
LOL .. I don't know if they did learn anything, look how they designed the AVATA 2. It's MORE fragile and you CANNOT repair it yourself.

Carbon-fiber.. you wish! Look at the arms on the Avata 2! . The lower arm is part of the main base plate, while the tops are plastic clipped to the lower are so the wires can be embedded in the structure.

I really don't see a problem with Avata 2's design. It's a cinewhoop. If you needed to replace anything on the old one, you definitely used it wrong. Potato was basically marketed as an "FPV racing drone" and majority of people used it like that. It also wouldn't be the first time DJI used carbon in drones. Not saying I believe it will happen, just that it would be nice.
4-27 17:35
Use props
SaurabhSrivastava
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2380479 ft
  • >>>
India

WA521 could be a stripped down version of the new Avata 2
ZV300 also could be a stripped down version of the Goggles 3
But time will tell.
4-28 21:32
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fichek Posted at 4-27 17:35
I really don't see a problem with Avata 2's design. It's a cinewhoop. If you needed to replace anything on the old one, you definitely used it wrong. Potato was basically marketed as an "FPV racing drone" and majority of people used it like that. It also wouldn't be the first time DJI used carbon in drones. Not saying I believe it will happen, just that it would be nice.

I understand that, but as a cinewoop, why is DJI marketing it as though it could be used as a free-style FPV, including preprogrammed acro moves. Makes no sense IMO.

So yes, use it as a camera platform, minimal manual moves, because it's underpowered to used as a acro-free-style FPV. I've heard that even dives are nail biters when trying to pull out.
4-29 06:36
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

HD Pilot Posted at 4-29 06:36
I understand that, but as a cinewoop, why is DJI marketing it as though it could be used as a free-style FPV, including preprogrammed acro moves. Makes no sense IMO.

So yes, use it as a camera platform, minimal manual moves, because it's underpowered to used as a acro-free-style FPV. I've heard that even dives are nail biters when trying to pull out.

Tbh I think easy acro is a brilliant move - it will let anyone perform basic moves you'd usually need manual mode for, and might be enough to disincentivise people from wanting to learn actual manual mode on a drone that wasn't really designed for freestyle. Yet it's still there for those that know how to use it and how to stay within aircraft's limits.
4-29 08:00
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

fichek Posted at 4-29 08:00
Tbh I think easy acro is a brilliant move - it will let anyone perform basic moves you'd usually need manual mode for, and might be enough to disincentivise people from wanting to learn actual manual mode on a drone that wasn't really designed for freestyle. Yet it's still there for those that know how to use it and how to stay within aircraft's limits.

I agree with this and it would be nice if Avata 1 got the Acro function.  Still not a fan of the slow speed in S-mode....
4-29 08:22
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

The Saint Posted at 4-29 08:22
I agree with this and it would be nice if Avata 1 got the Acro function.  Still not a fan of the slow speed in S-mode....

If they bumped it to at least 19m/s that'd be great, yeah.
4-29 08:36
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI just release the Mini 4K in limited areas.

I wonder if this is what what they saw in the code for the future release? ..  The Mini 4K and the RC-N1C
4-29 10:19
Use props
OldGuy2024
lvl.2
Flight distance : 328632 ft
United States

I would not dismiss the strength of plastic. Depends on the type and processing.  I have a 6s powered quad that is close to 500gm total take off weight. All plastic.  So far, no damage to the frame.  Just a few propellers and a brand new 6s gen 5 Tattu that saw only ~5 minutes of life.  PA12, PL3 seem to be very tough. Easy to fabricate. Inexpensive.

Use to race road, mtn bikes, Nordic ski racer, and still a windsurfer. Carbon fiber (CF) benefits are certain types of strength to weight, proper lay up and fiber selection, orientation resulting in close to ideal function, and long fatigue cycle.  But point load impact are a weakness.  Witness numerous sudden catastrophic failures of high end Nordic race poles during mess start races. One year you could hear the poles snapping like twigs in a huge pile up.   Personally snapped 3 close to 100% CF windsurfing racing mast, but have yet to break one lower CF wave mast. More fiberglass, thicker walls, but heavier and less reflex response. Even one I stuck into the reef tuning it into a pole vault pole.

A DJI FPV v.2 if it can be linked with the Goggle 3 and RC3 would be interesting.  For immersive flying the Avata 2 and FPV v2 would be a nice combo.
For outdoors use. Cruising free flying to hard core Acro with just a 2 quad hanger.
4-29 15:13
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Not dismissing plastic. Look how tough the Avata 1 is!. The Avata 2 is not as strong.
4-29 18:50
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules