Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlSo-Fotografie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 423907 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Buggy RTH-function?
I didnt test myself, but here is a experience from a guy on youtube.
His drone reduces the altitude while it returns via RTH. Caused by lost signal.
He forced it by turning of the fpv controller.

4-27 00:20
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 915554 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Is this some kind of a troll video or do you not realise your throttle is below mid and therefore in N mode that makes it go down? Nothing to see here

4-27 01:04
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing. .  something to be aware of for sure.
4-27 01:05
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe there are some interesting comments in the video discussing this.  I can't offer much but I can say this:  I see no value in a "FailSafe RTH" that slowly descends in altitude because of the stick location.  I can understand if the pilot moved the stick after the "Failsafe RTH" is triggered and the process took the input.  Picture this:  You drop your RC off a small ledge and it hit the ground just out of reach and the stick is lowered.  Your drone will probably crash coming back home, no?

DJI has been known to ignore the sticks when you hit pause and you have to repeatedly give it some juice before it decides to respond.  For RTH home, maybe they can ignore the stick unless you really want to descend like that and you move the sticks *after* the re-connect.
4-27 07:21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thank you for reaching out. I have already forwarded this to the relevant team to check. I will keep you updated. Thank you for your patience.
4-28 02:31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thank you for patiently waiting. It was confirmed that it was an issue with the user not returning the stick to the center as mentioned by ficheck. The designated team will then decide whether to add a prompt or other optimization based on the user's suggestions. Have a nice day.
4-28 19:37
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 915554 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

DJI Tony Posted at 4-28 19:37
Hi, Thank you for patiently waiting. It was confirmed that it was an issue with the user not returning the stick to the center as mentioned by ficheck. The designated team will then decide whether to add a prompt or other optimization based on the user's suggestions. Have a nice day.

Hi Tony. Thanks for confirming this, I think some people just need to read the user manual and/or apply common sense
4-30 02:31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fichek Posted at 4-30 02:31
Hi Tony. Thanks for confirming this, I think some people just need to read the user manual and/or apply common sense

Hello, fichek. No problem. We’re always here to provide clarification, address concerns, and offer assistance. You may also contact us for any concerns. Best regards!
5-1 02:44
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules