PV2+ Gimble does not tilt
2298 9 2014-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
manfred_wolff
lvl.1

Spain

I have a brand new PV2+. Still trying to discover all features, But after a few flights the Gimble does not react to inputs from the remote and does not tilt. The camera is stabilized but does not tilt....   Any one had the same?
2014-12-12
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Did you calibrate the gimble tilt control switch?
2014-12-12
Use props
manfred_wolff
lvl.1

Spain

kjkisatsky@comc Posted at 2014-12-12 20:26
Did you calibrate the gimble tilt control switch?

Which switch do you mean? The wheel on the remote? Yes, I calibrated that.....
2014-12-12
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Does it tilt using the app ?
2014-12-12
Use props
manfred_wolff
lvl.1

Spain

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-12-13 02:00
Does it tilt using the app ?

No..it does nothing. neither way.!
2014-12-13
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

manfred_wolff@l Posted at 2014-12-13 01:21
Which switch do you mean? The wheel on the remote? Yes, I calibrated that.....

How did you calibrate it? In the Phantom RC app, when you calibrate and wiggle your sticks around, you have to do the same for the gimbal tilt control wheel. After you click on "calibrate", you wiggle the sticks AND you run the tilt control wheel through its whole range.
2014-12-14
Use props
kamikaze
lvl.2

Germany

Hi.

Did you try the calibration process without the assistant software?
There is a calibration procedure description without the assistant software in the forum, but I don't find it anymore. That helps me to calibrate the speed and the tilt of my gimbal.
2014-12-14
Use props
jackson.zhong
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51243 ft
  • >>>
China

hi,buddy.u can connect the p2v+ to PC with USB cable and open DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.6:1,make sure the fireware are newest;

2,make sure the transmitter version was upgrate version(showed in the picture below);
3,try to roll the wheel on the left top of RC ,check whether the channel X1 on the screen will react ?if not ,show me a video in order to analyze.

RC version

RC version
2014-12-15
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

This is from Gil, it works.

Gamecatcher -- I fixed the gimbal problem with a special transmitter calibration!

RESOLUTION!  TRANSMITTER CALIBRATION WITHOUT SOFTWARE (stand alone, does not use RC System Assistant or Phantom 2 Vision Assistant -- ( I just revised the instruction a bit to hopefully make it a bit easier to follow, credit goes to "w-nils" for initially posting this gem to the forum!)

1)  Set switch S2 at the OFF position; Switch S2 at the GPS position

2) Push both the THROTTLE and PITCH stick to the top position and hold them there.

3) Turn on the POWER switch.  You should hear the indicator sound of "Di--Di Di" from the transmitter repeatedly.
    -> Toggle switch S2 into the CL position, you should hear an indicator sound of "Di" from the transmitter, in this case the transmitter has entered the calibration mode.
         (THROTTLE and PITCH stick must have been kept in the top position all during this time)

4)  Release the THROTTLE and PITCH sticks and make sure they return to the center position.
    -> Toggle switch S1 to the bottom ATTI position; you should hear an indicator sound of "Di" from the transmitter.  
    -> Move all of the sticks throughout their complete range several times.
        (for those remotes equipped with a throttle lock this means complete movement through the throttle lock position)
    -> Don't forget to move the GIMBAL CONTROL DIAL through it's complete range of movement as well.
    -> After this, put the THROTTLE stick to the bottom position and toggle switch S2 to the HL position, you should hear an indicator sound of "Di" from the transmitter.  
        In this case the transmitter has been calibrated successfully

5)  Turn transmitter off.

Afterwards, go into the Phantom 2 Vision Assistant, run the X1 sticks calibration, set the vertical and horizontal limits and see what happens.  I was able to fix that remote that I thought was hosed with the above procedure.

TransmitterCalibration - switches.png (81.59 KB, Down times: 0)

TransmitterCalibration - switches.png
2014-12-15
Use props
FirstDroneInspi
lvl.1

United States

I spent a day trying to fix the gimbal control as it would NOT work. Finally figured it out! The desktop app shows two remotes, The basic shows a slide lever on the underside, my controller does NOT have that. The Upgrade looks exactly like my controller UNLESS you roll the mouse over the wording UPGRADE you will find the photo changes to include the roller wheel in the corner. Once I change to Basic controller (matches my model number) and re-calibrated, the tilt for gimbal on IPhone app works! BHPhoto wanted me to send the unit back for replacement...I knew there was an easy user error fix! I just wish DJI had a tech support department! They referred me to a local service center who told me they are not accepting anymore units as they are backlogged! Time for first flight!
2014-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules