334 21 4-27 04:05
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
J2Kings
lvl.2
Flight distance : 753225 ft
Portugal

Hello all,
What is the White triangles (in the center and bottom of the images) pointing???
(I see them flying indoors and outdoors)
Do you also see those white triangles?

Indoors

Indoors

Outdoors

Outdoors

4-27 04:05
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think I remember seeing in a video that the triangle when using the motion controller that the triangle indicates the direction in which the drone is heading.  Of course I could be wrong as I don't own the Avata 2 so can confirm that is the case.  Hopefully, somebody will come along and say that is it or that I'm wrong and what it actually is.  
4-27 06:35
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for further clarification. I will keep you posted. We appreciate your patience.
4-27 19:25
Use props
nightfly
lvl.4

Romania

was discussed here
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D780%26typeid%3D780
4-27 19:41
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Shows which way the drone is heading.  If you hear something out of your left ear while the drone is flying forward, you'll know which way to turn the drone to go to your left.

Look at the thumbnail in the post in the above link.  The pilot is sitting on the bench and the drone is pointing to his left and slightly to the rear so if he continue ahead with that flight, should miss him by going slightly behind him.
4-27 20:21
Use props
J2Kings
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-27 19:25
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for further clarification. I will keep you posted. We appreciate your patience.

I can assure you that:
- is not the drone's compass;
- It's not pointing north;
- It's not indicating the direction of the aircraft;
- it's not showing the home point;
- it's not the direction in which the drone is heading;
- Nobody in DJI is knows what is the triangle pointing!!!

It will be very useful if is show us the same that we have on others DJI products, like this picture, showing the position of the drone relative to our position.
IMG_9316.jpg
4-28 07:29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

J2Kings Posted at 4-28 07:29
I can assure you that:
- is not the drone's compass;
- It's not pointing north;

Thank you for patiently waiting. When the DJI avata 2 is used with the Goggles 3 in the EU region, there will be an aircraft attitude display. This is a Geo-Awareness function in the EU region. It is made to comply with the EU C1 certification requirements. The white arrow icon represents the aircraft. The icon will show the direction of the aircraft. Please note that this is only applicable within the EU region and does not apply in other regions (including Mainland China). Hope this helps.
4-28 19:12
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14044580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-28 19:12
Thank you for patiently waiting. When the DJI avata 2 is used with the Goggles 3 in the EU region, there will be an aircraft attitude display. This is a Geo-Awareness function in the EU region. It is made to comply with the EU C1 certification requirements. The white arrow icon represents the aircraft. The icon will show the direction of the aircraft. Please note that this is only applicable within the EU region and does not apply in other regions (including Mainland China). Hope this helps.

Wondered why I never had it on my display - now I know why. Thanks for clarifying Paladin.
4-29 00:25
Use props
J2Kings
lvl.2
Portugal

Dear Paladin, what you are saying only makes sense if you told us “ the direction of the aircraft relative to a certain referencial”; what referencial is that? North??? No! The goggles??? No!
So is not showing nothing except a dancing triangle…
Please tell your engineers to follow my suggestion…
Thanks anyway
4-29 00:54
Use props
J2Kings
lvl.2
Portugal

Dear Paladin, what you are saying only makes sense if you told us “ the direction of the aircraft relative to a certain referencial”; what referencial is that? North??? No! The goggles??? No!
Thanks anyway
4-29 00:55
Use props
bighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Same for me. Does not indicate where home point is, does not indicate north, does not indicate anything of value. All it does is take up display space for no purpose whatsoever. If only there was an option to remove it.
4-29 02:45
Use props
Coyut
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Is it possible to disable the box within the EASA regions? It makes no sense to the pilot at all but beeing another icon that just disturbs
4-29 07:07
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for patiently waiting. When the DJI avata 2 is used with the Goggles 3 in the EU region, there will be an aircraft attitude display. This is a Geo-Awareness function in the EU region. It is made to comply with the EU C1 certification requirements. The white arrow icon represents the aircraft. The icon will show the direction of the aircraft. Please note that this is only applicable within the EU region and does not apply in other regions (including Mainland China). Hope this helps.

Sheesh the EU is a treasure trove of senseless & needless regulations.  Imagine the amount of hoops involved in installing a bobby in the EU?
4-29 07:25
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 915554 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-29 07:25
Sheesh the EU is a treasure trove of senseless & needless regulations.  Imagine the amount of hoops involved in installing a bobby in the EU?

Between having to look at a useless compass icon in our goggles and having to send our kids to school hoping every day they don't get shot, I think we're doing fine over here with regulations
4-29 07:40
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

J2Kings Posted at 4-29 00:54
Dear Paladin, what you are saying only makes sense if you told us “ the direction of the aircraft relative to a certain referencial”; what referencial is that? North??? No! The goggles??? No!

Hi there. We appreciate your feedback. Rest assured that we will record this suggestion and forward it to our relevant team for future consideration. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your understanding and support.
5-2 20:10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

A J Posted at 4-29 00:25
Wondered why I never had it on my display - now I know why. Thanks for clarifying Paladin.

No worries, AJ. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.
5-2 20:16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

bighi Posted at 4-29 02:45
Same for me. Does not indicate where home point is, does not indicate north, does not indicate anything of value. All it does is take up display space for no purpose whatsoever. If only there was an option to remove it.

Hi there. Your feedback is our greatest motivation, we really appreciate it. Rest assured that we will record this suggestion and forward it to our designated team. We appreciate your valued support.
5-2 20:17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Coyut Posted at 4-29 07:07
Is it possible to disable the box within the EASA regions? It makes no sense to the pilot at all but beeing another icon that just disturbs

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. As of the time being, we don't have the option to disable the said feature as this is part of the EU C1 certification requirement. We will continue to gather feedback on this concern and forward it to our respective team for attention. Please note that this will not affect other regions, only in the EU region. Thank you for your understanding.
5-2 20:19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-29 07:25

Thank you for your feedback, DB. Rest assured that we will gather your opinion on this thread and forward it to our relevant team for attention. Hope you understand that we are always aligned with the local rules and regulations of every region. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day.
5-2 20:33
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-2 20:16
No worries, AJ. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.

Thanks Paladin and hope you are doing well
5-3 00:48
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

A J Posted at 5-3 00:48
Thanks Paladin and hope you are doing well

You are most welcome and welcome back again. Hoping to see you around posting some majestic footage you have taken on your drones. Take care always, AJ!  
5-6 01:23
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-6 01:23
You are most welcome and welcome back again. Hoping to see you around posting some majestic footage you have taken on your drones. Take care always, AJ!

I'll do my best but a bit rusty at the moment my friend
5-6 01:24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules