does the avata (2) float?
253 7 4-27 23:53
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rickvdvulkaan
lvl.3

Netherlands

A while while ago i had a little incident with the dji fpv. It felt in the water, and wasn't able to trace it back. lost signal, totally gone. As the drone isn't supposed to be waterproof, i don't think it would have worked again anyway, even if i found it back. But there might have been a little chance if i could have been quick enough. (or at least it would be a nice addition for my cute little museum) I guess the avata doesn't float, right? I wonder if there are people who tried/succeeded in making it a little more waterproof without disturbing the aerodynamics too much. maybe a little styrofoam? plastic? Or is it just the way it is?

4-27 23:53
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I highly doubt it floats but I remember you could buy third party accessories back in the day for drones to stop it sinking. I'm going back several years now though
4-28 00:21
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 954216 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

You can tape a tiny water bottle to it (150mL would probably work) or some of that foam pool noodles etc. are made of when flying over water. It will negatively impact flight characteristics though.
4-28 01:29
Use props
Morrisson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

Definitely does not float. I crashed my Avata last week but I was luckily only about 20 feet offshore. I was able to retreive it but it was covered in seaweed, salt water and sand. Needless to say, it does not float. I've been looking online for a little floatation device to strap to the top. I once saw a traditional FPV guy strap a plastic Coke bottle underneath his drone so that if anything happened at least it wouldn't sink...if I can't find an actual "life jacket" I'll figure something cheesy out that works.
4-28 08:11
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't know of any DJI drone that floats, including the Avata 2.
4-28 09:12
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 954216 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-28 09:12
I don't know of any DJI drone that floats, including the Avata 2.

Agras series with an empty tank should be able to float
4-28 14:17
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

fichek Posted at 4-28 14:17
Agras series with an empty tank should be able to float

LOL good point.
4-28 17:32
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The drone will eventually sink if it falls into the water and the drone will be water-damaged as it is not waterproof. If you're able to recover the aircraft we suggest sending it back to DJI for checking. You can submit a repair request here (https://www.dji.com/global/support). The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. Have a nice day.
4-28 19:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules