HELP! Drone Fault - Possible troubleshooting or needs repair?
198 6 4-28 05:54
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
val_theausexplorer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10203 ft
Australia

Hello everyone!

I purchased my drone a little over 2 years ago - DJI Mavic Air 2 Fly More.

From the day I purchased it, the battery adapter/charger was faulty - the cord did not fit securely into the adapter and had to be balanced in a specific position in order to charge, it also made crackling sounds - but I chose to just make do with it because I don't like being a nuisance (stupid decision, I know).

I haven't had many opportunities to fly it, but I have a big trip coming up and want it in working order because I can not keep this charging routine up; it isn't practical and takes about 10 miutes for me to get the correct position for the transmitters to register, and even then it doesn't always stay that way. To add insult to injury, the unit itself has stopped charging directly, so I can not charge the drone itself when on-the-move from a powerbank/power source.

I have the means to get it repaired for free because I purchased an extended warranty through retailer (not Care Refresh, other warranty), however, I have heard one too many horror stories of repair agents fixing one issue and creating another, and I don't have the time to deal with more issues as my trip is in 7 weeks. My question is this: has anyone dealt with these issues and found a way to troubleshoot it so I can avoid the repairers?
Couple of notes: the drone and all accessories are in tip-top condition. Never been dropped/crushed/broken/scratched, and never been had any water spilled on them.
Main faults/problems: Drone unit doesn't charge with any working charger or powerbank anymore. Entire charger/adapter has been faulty since day 1.

Cheers

4-28 05:54
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you are saying that the connection between the AC/mains cable and the DJI charger is dodgy, have you tried another cable ?

If so and a different cable does not fix the problem, then I would just buy another DJI charger, they seem readily available on eBay and fairly cheap.
It strikes me that sending a charger in for repair is a waste of your time.
4-28 09:56
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. May we know if your drone works properly? We read your post and would like to know if you have spare chargers for charging? If not, please send them back for the safety. If the drone has no problem, you can send back the charger and battery back to our service center for inspection and repair. About your concerns about the repair, please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any question during the repair process, we will help you at our best.
4-28 17:26
Use props
val_theausexplorer
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-28 17:26
Hello, there. May we know if your drone works properly? We read your post and would like to know if you have spare chargers for charging? If not, please send them back for the safety. If the drone has no problem, you can send back the charger and battery back to our service center for inspection and repair. About your concerns about the repair, please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any question during the repair process, we will help you at our best.

Thank you for your reply!
I'll take my drone out for a test fly ASAP. The last time I flew it, two of my sensors were constantly red even though my drone was clear of any obstacles and I had re-calibrated it prior to flying. The batteries still work, it's the actual unit that refuses to charge when I connect any USB-C charger to the drone itself.

Those are the two main issues for me. And, of course, the faulty charging cord/adapter. I will attach a video tomorrow of charging issue, to see if perhaps this is just how it is. However, I don't think it is normal. And I will fly it ASAP and see if I pick up on any issues that have developed since.

My worry with repair is that I have 7 weeks to get it done. I work with the retailer I brought it from, so I see many customers come back with repaired items with new problems that have to be sent off again - hence my hesitation.
4-29 05:43
Use props
val_theausexplorer
lvl.1
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-28 09:56
If you are saying that the connection between the AC/mains cable and the DJI charger is dodgy, have you tried another cable ?

If so and a different cable does not fix the problem, then I would just buy another DJI charger, they seem readily available on eBay and fairly cheap.

I wouldn't send off the charger for repair, of course. The drone itself is what I'd have repaired, as it will not charge directly. I'm just not sure if there is some troubleshooting that can be done to get the drone itself to start charging again
4-29 05:45
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

val_theausexplorer Posted at 4-29 05:45
I wouldn't send off the charger for repair, of course. The drone itself is what I'd have repaired, as it will not charge directly. I'm just not sure if there is some troubleshooting that can be done to get the drone itself to start charging again

As far as i know the drone is not designed to charge the battery. The USB-C port on the drone is a data port.
Please explain how you are attempting to charge the battery via connecting something to the drone.
4-29 07:00
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

val_theausexplorer Posted at 4-29 05:45

Hi, thank you for the information.
DJI Mavic Air 2 does not support charging the aircraft via a USB-C port.
You can check the P.26 of the User Manual for the correct method:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... nual_v1.6_enIII.pdf
If the issue persists, you can record a video about that.
May we know which two sensors are red? Can we have the screen-record also?
Look forward to your reply.
4-29 23:59
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules