Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI AIR 3 | REVERSE GPS TRACKING + S/N + OWNER DEVICE
526 17 4-29 18:15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
H3llo
lvl.3
Netherlands

H3llo everyone,

I was wondering if it is possible to track the details of  DJI AIR 3 after some days?

So let's say for example: a DJI AIR 3 with Serial Number: 008833444 is flying on Monday 29 April 2023 with a speed of 30 km/u on a height of 120 meters over this location: Latitude: 25.74701, Longitude: 112.36696

Can someone see/check/track on Tuesday 30 April that a day before there was a drone flying over Latitude: 25.74701, Longitude: 112.36696 and the serial number of the drone?

Like law enforcement or regulatory agencies may have the ability to track  drones for safety, security, or legal reasons.
This typically requires  proper authorization and adherence to relevant laws and regulations.
But can they also do it after some days? some reverse tracking? if yes, how?

Can they also intercept the drone owner and details? (like email address of the DJI account, binded device, serial number etc.)

Wondering if someone can answer these questions regarding importancy of privacy!

Wish you all a greay day
4-29 18:15
Use props
grapesoda
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88409 ft

United States

whoops i think i misread this post hopefully someone has a good answer for you
5-3 12:24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, H3llo. Thank you for reaching out. If you are in the EU area, the DJI Air 3 will have an RID function, and the aircraft will broadcast information during the flight. We just like to note that DJI will not be able to see any information from aircraft we suggest contacting EASA for further assistance. Thank you for your kind understanding.
5-20 07:31
Use props
H3llo
lvl.3
Netherlands

@DJI Gamora I think you don't understand the question. The question was:

Can someone see AFTER a couple of days that a certain route was flown?

Example: We do a fly mission from A to B on 21 May.
Can someone on 23 May see the route that we have flown on 12 May from A to B?
5-20 15:34
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

H3llo Posted at 5-20 15:34

Yes ... IF they examine your recorded flight data and can find the data for the flight on 12 May.
Or if they had an Aeroscope unit recording in the vicinity of your 12 May flight.

How about being more open and explain what you are asking about?
5-20 16:51
Use props
H3llo
lvl.3
Netherlands

@Labroides Thanks for your reply! As mentioned in the question from this topic i also asked "if yes, how?" , can you also please explain; HOW they can examine the recorded flight data? do they need the drone in hands for that? Or can it done without the drone? from the satellite GPS logs? what is the process of it?  etc.?

I explained my question already 2 times. It's simple can the flight record data be tracked after some days (If there is a Aeroscope unit recording on 12 may, then yes, correct me if i wrong...)
5-20 17:13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

H3llo Posted at 5-20 17:13
@Labroides Thanks for your reply! As mentioned in the question from this topic i also asked "if yes, how?" , can you also please explain; HOW they can examine the recorded flight data? do they need the drone in hands for that? Or can it done without the drone? from the satellite GPS logs? what is the process of it?  etc.?

I explained my question already 2 times. It's simple can the flight record data be tracked after some days (If there is a Aeroscope unit recording on 12 may, then yes, correct me if i wrong...)

It sounds like you are concerned about a particular flight you've made in the past?

please explain; HOW they can examine the recorded flight data? do they need the drone in hands for that? Or can it done without the drone? from the satellite GPS logs? what is the process of it?  etc.?

No .. no-one needs the drone and if they had the drone, they still can't tell anything about past flights from that.

Anyone who can read flight data could tell you everything about the flight if they have access to the recorded flight data from the flight.
If you don't know about your recorded flight data, I'm not going to tell you more because you sound dodgy.
5-20 17:34
Use props
H3llo
lvl.3
Netherlands

Labroides Posted at 5-20 17:34
It sounds like you are concerned about a particular flight you've made in the past?

please explain; HOW they can examine the recorded flight data? do they need the drone in hands for that? Or can it done without the drone? from the satellite GPS logs? what is the process of it?  etc.?

@Labroides Thanks for your reply,

Nobody is concerned about anything. Just asking some questions. I don't know why you keep making up stories that don't matter this from this topic question.
You said: "I'm not going to tell you more because you sound dodgy..."

Well then why are you typing so much? LoL. if you can't give a right/correct answer from a topic on this forum because of Lack of knowledge and don't want to tell more then just go on with your life and please exit this topic.

Have a nice day!
5-20 17:53
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

H3llo Posted at 5-20 17:53
@Labroides Thanks for your reply,

Nobody is concerned about anything. Just asking some questions. I don't know why you keep making up stories that don't matter this from this topic question.

If you think I'm lacking in the knowledge, you are sadly mistaken.
Go and find someone else to help you.
5-20 18:00
Use props
H3llo
lvl.3
Netherlands

Labroides Posted at 5-20 18:00
If you think I'm lacking in the knowledge, you are sadly mistaken.
Go and find someone else to help you.

@Labroides,

Oh and when you think that someone is concerned about anything then you are not sadly mistaken right? So you can think for/about other people, but other people are not allowed to think about you right?

This is a forum, for helping DJI members and not for discussing OFF-TOPIC related things. Nobody has time for that, wants that and needs that! Have a great day!
5-20 18:04
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

H3llo Posted at 5-20 18:04
@Labroides,

Oh and when you think that someone is concerned about anything then you are not sadly mistaken right? So you can think for/about other people, but other people are not allowed to think about you right?

I answered your questions with plenty of detail.
That your understanding of recorded flight data is so poor that you can't work it out isn't my problem.
5-20 20:49
Use props
H3llo
lvl.3
Netherlands

@Labroides

You wouldn't tell anything anymore, right? At least that's what you said yourself... but you still do it...Sooo.. what do you want?
5-20 21:09
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

H3llo Posted at 5-20 21:09
@Labroides

You wouldn't tell anything anymore, right? At least that's what you said yourself... but you still do it...Sooo.. what do you want?

I told you all you need to know, but you are too stupid to take it in.
And you just keep yapping about it.

5-22 07:24
Use props
Cine_Dude
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41352 ft
United Kingdom

Remote ID broadcasts the pilot position, drone position, and Remote ID itself (which is based upon the drone serial number). It does this the entire time it is flying, including telemetry such as speed and altitude (the data you see on your screen).

Can LE intercept it? Yes, they can. There are plenty of companies offering monitoring systems that capture this data passively and logs it all. Of course, that means it is all stored, and yes, can be played back at any arbitrary time in the future.

Remote ID is the ultimate in "big brother".

Is it a breach of privacy? That depends. Remote ID is mandated in many jurisdictions, so to fly you accept you must broadcast it to be legal. Because it is broadcast in plaintext, it does not require decryption, and because it is part of the requirement that it is publicly transmitted to everyone in the area at the time of the flight, no laws were broken in intercepting it and recording it (it is considered public data).

What can NOT be intercepted (legally, anyway) is the video feed or anything you are recording. I don't know the details of how this is secured.
5-28 15:32
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Cine_Dude Posted at 5-28 15:32
Remote ID broadcasts the pilot position, drone position, and Remote ID itself (which is based upon the drone serial number). It does this the entire time it is flying, including telemetry such as speed and altitude (the data you see on your screen).

Can LE intercept it? Yes, they can. There are plenty of companies offering monitoring systems that capture this data passively and logs it all. Of course, that means it is all stored, and yes, can be played back at any arbitrary time in the future.

It does this the entire time it is flying,
Is that true for Europe too or just the USA?

For anyone to record it, they would have to be within range, so for most locations, there's very little chance it would be intercepted or recorded ... if it is being broadcast at all.

5-29 00:04
Use props
Cine_Dude
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41352 ft
United Kingdom

AFAIK, yes. I don't think there is a technical difference between USA and EU implementation.
5-29 04:26
Use props
H3llo
lvl.3
Netherlands

Labroides Posted at 5-20 17:34

Hi @Cine_Dude

Thank you very much for your professional and detailed information!
We need more people like you; answering and explaining the topic's question!

Not even DJI can give such a nice and correct answer. LoL

Have a lovely day!
5-29 23:58
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

H3llo Posted at 5-20 15:34

Hi, H3llo. Thank you for the clarification. You are the only one who can see the flight route. In addition. DJI and other users will not be able to see the broadcasted information and flight information. We are just not sure if the government will be able to see the broadcasted information hence we suggest contacting EASA for further confirmation. Thank you for your kind understanding.
5-30 20:47
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules