RS4 Pro with Focus Pro - Motor Iris Control?
147 3 4-29 18:30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lost Roadie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 235351 ft
  • >>>
United States

Having a RS4 Pro and Focus Pro with two motors I can't get both motors to work with one for focus and one for iris on a cine lens.
I was hoping that the joystick control switch would give my 2nd motor iris control but nothing seems to work.
How can I configure this option for two motors?  Seems like it should be available in this Ronin ecosystem.

4-29 18:30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. You may check the information below and see whether your setup is right:
DJI RS 4 Pro supports controlling up to two focus motors.
When dual-focus motors are installed, the motor can be controlled by the front dial. Make sure “Dial Functions” is set to “Focus Motor” and the Joystick Mode Switch is toggled to Zoom. At this point, both focus motors can be controlled for focus and zoom.
When the focus motor controlled by the joystick is connected to the lens aperture ring, the lens aperture can also be controlled. In this case, no additional settings are required for the joystick.
5-5 00:59
Use props
fans5ec053b6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78140 ft
Netherlands

I think that the only option is to treat motor connected to iris as a zoom or focus motor.

As far as I understand RS4 Pro can control two motors: focus motor (by wheel above trigger) and zoom motor (by joystick), so that's what needs to be set on the motor itself (correct led lit). What ring they are connected to doesn't need to match what they are viewed by RS4 as.
5-14 07:29
Use props
Lost Roadie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 235351 ft
  • >>>
Vietnam

Thank you for the helpful replies, that makes sense.
5-14 17:38
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules