Would this count as training for commercial use?
1017 7 2015-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

http://www.uxvuniversity.com/uav-pilot-training-certificate/
2015-9-14
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

I sure hope not and i hope it will never be like this, 3500$ for what ????? online course and simulator and 2 days of flying a phantom ? LOL
2015-9-14
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not sure of what you are asking, exactly. Section 333 exemptions require any operator under this exemption to have as a minimum, an FAA sports pilot certificate. This training does not provide you with a license or actual real pilot flight time.

When the FAA gets off the dime, sometime in 2016-17 and adopts their final rules, they will likely create a new certificate for UAV operators, requiring only a written exam (tough to have an FAA examiner ride with you on the Phantom). The knowledge this course provides "may" help with the FAA exam.

This course will teach you a lot about UAVs other than Phantoms, which may help you get a job in the industry. Maybe.

This is what the FAA is proposing (it will likely change)
http://www.faa.gov/regulations_p ... 15_sUAS_Summary.pdf
2015-9-14
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

i believe they are on crack! they surely arent aiming at the phantoms, solos, q500, etc sector of the consumer market. they must be aiming for the much much much higher end uav sector!!
i believe i would learn my lessons if i was to spend $3500 on buying and crashing the quad twice, which i have done by the way, ......CSC!!!
2015-9-14
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-15 00:48
i believe they are on crack! they surely arent aiming at the phantoms, solos, q500, etc sector of th ...

Yes, this is not a course for hobbyists but for those youngins who hope to have a career in the industry. Looking at all the recruiting want ads it seems the common threads are commercial pilot's license and tons of hours flying the big birds (reaper, predators, etc.) in the military. Some jobs are even asking for a 4-year degree.

Ft. Huachuca, in my state, trains young enlisted kids to fly big UAV's.
http://www.goarmy.com/careers-an ... hicle-operator.html

Civilian job seekers are going to be competing with that. Were I 18 again and wanting a career in UAVs I'd enlist in the Army and request the 15W MOS, get a ton of hours on the Army's dime, quit and get a job flying for the numerous civilian contractors working for the military. The Air Force now takes brand new 2nd lieutenants (4 year college degree), teaches them how to fly a Cessna first and sends them to drone school. Cheaper that spending several millions to train a regular pilot.

2015-9-14
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I'm wondering if my certificate would do any good for the 333 exemption.  I hold a SEL, MEL, and Commercial rating, but haven't flown since about 1976.
2015-9-14
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ag0n Posted at 2015-9-15 03:36
I'm wondering if my certificate would do any good for the 333 exemption.  I hold a SEL, MEL, and Com ...

no reason why not. They are requiring one to be current, biannual flight review. I doubt they be spending much time checking logbooks. you can read all the approved 333 here:

http://www.faa.gov/uas/legislati ... 333_authorizations/
2015-9-14
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

ag0n Posted at 2015-9-14 12:36
I'm wondering if my certificate would do any good for the 333 exemption.  I hold a SEL, MEL, and Com ...

ahhh.... the freedom train...... now THAT was high tech.
2015-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules