remote id not showing on iPhone networks
135 9 5-1 14:13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparky J
lvl.1

United States

Hello,
My (Mavic 2 Pro) Remote ID is not showing on any available iPhone Wi-Fi networks. The Smart Controller is on and the drone is flying - the FAA has accepted my Remote ID. What else do I need to do to see if the RID is transmitting? I've turned Wi-Fi on and off numerous times while flying - RID does not show.
5-1 14:13
Use props
Sparky J
lvl.1

United States

Also - all firmware is up to date.
5-1 15:19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Sparky J. Thank you for reaching out. Are you getting any Remote ID errors? Here are the methods that you can check whether RID functions properly:
Method 1: Before the drone takes off, view the RID status in the corresponding DJI app. The display method varies with the DJI app.
Method 2: Turn on WLAN on any mobile phone. In the “Available networks” list, check whether a character string “RID-1581FXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX” is displayed, which always starts with “RID-”, followed by a 20-digit RID SN, as shown in the following figure. If this character string is displayed and the character string starts with 1581F and is the same as the RID SN, it indicates that the aircraft is broadcasting. The user needs to try to turn WLAN on and off several times because it may take a bit longer for some mobile phones to scan (in general, it can be displayed in 5-10 seconds). This method is also helpful for checking an aircraft’s RID SN.
5-2 07:44
Use props
Sparky J
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-2 07:44
Hi, Sparky J. Thank you for reaching out. Are you getting any Remote ID errors? Here are the methods that you can check whether RID functions properly:
Method 1: Before the drone takes off, view the RID status in the corresponding DJI app. The display method varies with the DJI app.
Method 2: Turn on WLAN on any mobile phone. In the “Available networks” list, check whether a character string “RID-1581FXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX” is displayed, which always starts with “RID-”, followed by a 20-digit RID SN, as shown in the following figure. If this character string is displayed and the character string starts with 1581F and is the same as the RID SN, it indicates that the aircraft is broadcasting. The user needs to try to turn WLAN on and off several times because it may take a bit longer for some mobile phones to scan (in general, it can be displayed in 5-10 seconds). This method is also helpful for checking an aircraft’s RID SN.

Hi,
Thanks for the response.
I'm using the Smart Controller for my Mavic 2 Pro and don't see anything related to RID on the screen. However - when I use an iPad tablet as a control I can see that the the RID is functioning normally, but the RID is not showing on my iPhone Wi-Fi networks. Since I use my smart controller most often, where would I see if the RID is functional on the Smart Controller?
Also - I plan to use the iPad as a secondary controller so that another person can control the camera while I pilot the aircraft using the Smart Controller. I have yet to try the two controller set-up after the latest firmware updates but I assume it will still work. Please let me know if you have any thoughts on that.
Thanks,
Jack
5-2 08:53
Use props
Sparky J
lvl.1

United States

I've updated the secondary (dual) controller firmware. Now the Remote ID information is intermittently showing on the iPad. Sometimes the red info on the upper left says there's an remote ID error, other times the info on the upper left says:
Ready To Go (GPS)
But there's no mention about the remote ID.
One time the upper left had Remote ID Error but when I looked in the "about" menu (at least I think that's the menu I saw - may have been a different one) it said that the remote ID was working properly.
Very confusing. Should I assume that when the info on the upper left in red says, Ready To Go (GPS) that the remote ID is working properly?
5-2 13:27
Use props
Sparky J
lvl.1

United States

One more thing...
Even when I get a hint that the remote ID is working, I'm still not seeing a RID #### on my iPhone networks.
5-2 14:31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Sparky J Posted at 5-2 08:53
Hi,
Thanks for the response.
I'm using the Smart Controller for my Mavic 2 Pro and don't see anything related to RID on the screen. However - when I use an iPad tablet as a control I can see that the the RID is functioning normally, but the RID is not showing on my iPhone Wi-Fi networks. Since I use my smart controller most often, where would I see if the RID is functional on the Smart Controller?

Hi, Jack. Let me confirm this with our relevant team. I'll keep you posted.
5-3 07:39
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Sparky J Posted at 5-2 14:31
One more thing...
Even when I get a hint that the remote ID is working, I'm still not seeing a RID #### on my iPhone networks.

Hi, Jack. Thank you for patiently waiting. Please try the steps below:
Please ensure the "location service of the mobile phone" and the "location permission of the DJI GO 4 app" are enabled, for the DJI Smart Controller, it should be enabled for the location:
Enables location services: 「Settings-Location-Select to ON」
Also, please test it outdoors, if this issue persists even outdoors, please let us know.
5-5 22:13
Use props
djiuser_EGOkpcDGd6gV
lvl.2

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-5 22:13
Hi, Jack. Thank you for patiently waiting. Please try the steps below:
Please ensure the "location service of the mobile phone" and the "location permission of the DJI GO 4 app" are enabled, for the DJI Smart Controller, it should be enabled for the location:
Enables location services: 「Settings-Location-Select to ON」

This is the same issue I’m having with Mavic 2 on latest firmware. DJI go app is also updated on smart controller
5-14 05:59
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_EGOkpcDGd6gV Posted at 5-14 05:59
This is the same issue I’m having with Mavic 2 on latest firmware. DJI go app is also updated on smart controller

Hi, djiuser_EGOkpcDGd6gV. We're sorry to read about this. Can you please confirm if the location has been enabled?
5-14 07:49
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules