new Avata 2 RC Motion Controller 3 not binding Connecting
248 13 5-4 09:44
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_4cFPR3Ji83rI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70823 ft
Poland

Nearly NEW Avata 2 RC Motion Controller not binding / connecting after few days of using and few flights, reset from googles not helped, binding procedure from application dji fly (while cable connected to gogles 3) not working (stage two of instructions with 4 seconds button power on dron also not helped- dron beeping and going to binding mode the same gogles 3 but RC Motion 3 NOT connecting after that), procedure from DJI Fly connected to gogles done few times: 60 seconds connecting procedure from dji fly also NOT working. Procedure from Quck start (5 seconds) also Failed. Assistant 2 refreshing FAILED on RC Motion 3 (stuck on 60 %). Very very dissapoiting and frustrating - Again. Im starting to think very badly about DJI products quality - last month i was sending back New Mini Pro 4 with RC not charging ... DJI really - what is going on with you ???

5-4 09:44
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1036263 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

This sounds like you're trying to bind RC Motion 3 directly for Avata 2?

Because that's not how it works, you first bind Avata 2 to Goggles 3, then the controller needs to bind to Goggles 3. It's in quick start guide, in user manual, and even in the video on Avata 2 product page.
5-4 11:27
Use props
djiuser_4cFPR3Ji83rI
lvl.2
Poland

i think you dont understand binding was ok from date it came to me, it is not binding from today with no reason, i tried everything, moreover that 4 sec power button is while gogles are connected to phone and fly app already, so the gogles and soft tels info: you have problem with RC connecting ? and there are instructions to what to do (power button for 4 seconds in drone is SECOND stage these instructions )   ... all instructions done many times. NO effect  

PS it is just not connecting from today, binding from start was ok and it was ok few days until today (drone was in use about 10 times, always RC was connected instantly), i have no other RC only motion 3 so i did not do anything with binding before - changing RC controlllers or such, yesterday It was working with no problem.

5-4 13:27
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14501142 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why are you trying to bind the controller directly to the drone? The controller binds only to the goggles. The controller does not directly communicate with the drone.
1. Switch everything off
2. Turn on the Drone
3. Turn on the goggles
4. Turn on motion controller
5. Press and hold the power button on the goggles for 3 seconds (disconnect all cables from the goggles - you do not need the fly app to bind)
6. Press and hold the power button on the motion controller for 3 seconds
- The binding process will then complete. Reboot everything and your controller should work with the goggles/drone
- If it fails refresh the firmware on each individual device (drone, goggles, controller) using your account on DJI Assistant 2 for consumer drones then repeat steps 1 to 6 above after disconnecting from assisstant 2. If that does not work then raise a service label via DJI support and return the drone for diagnostic evaluation and potential replacement (whether you'll have to pay or not is between you and DJI).  
5-4 13:43
Use props
djiuser_4cFPR3Ji83rI
lvl.2
Poland

NOT BINDING ITSELF i cant wrote this more acurate   if yesterday WAS binding itself and today NOT and Motion 3 is not working it is something wrong i suppose ? as i wrote before power button on drone is SECOND stage of instructions to connect Motion 3  it is like motion 3 from today not sending signal and just not working by itself, lights on it just blinking nothing more

PS      1) to 6) not working done few times, no changes lights on Motion 3 just blinking nothing more, for a moment info about Assistant 2
PS   assistant 2 refreshing failed few times with RC Motion 3 (on 60 %) drone and gogles refreshing OK
5-4 13:48
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

Are you saying DJI Fly is telling you to bind Avata 2 directly to RC Motion 3? Have you watched the video on how to link stuff from here?

https://www.dji.com/avata-2/video
5-4 14:25
Use props
djiuser_4cFPR3Ji83rI
lvl.2
Poland

reens

Friend i dont know if you reading my posts or you just want to copy the link for me I was flying this drone for last few days so i started it with no problem - in other case i would not use it past few days in flight I will do screen shots for a moment just for you ;)

1) when im starting drone like last few days drone working, gogles working, motion 3 NOT working (light just blinking) NO pointer in gogles, in last few days lights was instantly solid on Motion 3 and pointer in gogles worked

2) if above instructions dont working, RC not connected to gogles, no pointer in gogles, what to do ??? hmmm maybe i will connect dji fly and phone with gogles ;)

3) and now DJI fun starts   DJI FLy asking me to choose RC what to choose hmmm maybe Motion 3 ? ;) here you go Im choosing and nothing it asking me in blue question are you having problem with RC connection im clicking it

4) It asking me to start RC and clikc bind it is binding 60 seconds no succes

5) It is asking me to press power on drone for 4 sec  and 60 seconds to bind, no succes

Screens are in Polish )) sorry, it is almost 2 am in my place so im going to sleep, thanks for help a lot of time waisted on mini 4 pro and now avata 2 failures in last few weeks my friends ... sorry but from my point of view nothing good to say about what is happening and DJI on this moment ...
20240505_003945.jpg
20240505_003955_resize.jpg
20240505_004021_resize.jpg
20240505_004039_resize.jpg
20240505_004138_resize.jpg
20240505_004209_resize.jpg
5-4 14:33
Use props
djiuser_4cFPR3Ji83rI
lvl.2
Poland

ok few minutes more for this unhappy day / night, I tried to refresh RC as Captain AJ advised in Assistant 2 (showing current soft) and RC is stuck 2 times at 60% so i think we have a winner   more tries today /tomorrow after sleeep    :/   

5-4 16:29
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

Please, just watch the video. Or read the quick start guide.
5-4 16:37
Use props
djiuser_4cFPR3Ji83rI
lvl.2
Poland

I know I know I know Goodmorning / Goodevening everybody. Friend i  tried this Quick start guide few times, basically there is only small  difference from procedure within DJI Fly (5 sec to 4 sec as you can see  on my screens from before) but this is the same procedure - the same  frequency of lights flashing on drone and on gogles and the same beeping  after it Motion 3 is NOT WORKING in that procedure too, NOT  connecting, it is like it is without antenna sudenly with no reason,  only lights flashing, nothing more.

Refresh of drone and gogles  in Assistant 2 OK, Refreshing of RC Motion 3 FAILED, tried few times  again this morning, first it was stucking on 60 % now it is not not  responding. And tried again with motion 3 refreshing - stuck on 60 % as  before - FAILED,

I dont have time for this kind of Shee@#$%  anymore,  drone is under 15 days so  - Goodbye with it ...   I`m just shocked and  sorry for people who will have to deal with similiar problems after 15  days !!! and sorry for myself if this will happen again. Now i should  fly this drone because it is long weekend and i cant, morover im loosing  my free time ... . Something is very very wrong with DJI and problems  with new drones are just scary and funny in one time, NEW Mini Pro 4 RC2  not charging for example, now few days new Avata 2 RC Motion 3 not  binding / connecting ...   these are not drones for 100  $ for god sake but they acting like it ...   that kind of problems never took place with old Mavic Pro 1 from almost 10 years back in time !!!

5-4 21:46
Use props
djiuser_4cFPR3Ji83rI
lvl.2
Poland

small update about above problem resolving (after very strange UPS 5 days delivery), what will be the next adventure with DJI  ???  stay tuned  ;)

5-13 03:16
Use props
Spikemixture
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49918 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

djiuser_4cFPR3Ji83rI Posted at 5-13 03:16
small update about above problem resolving (after very strange UPS 5 days delivery), what will be the next adventure with DJI  ???  stay tuned  ;)

[view_image]

I have the same issue only more.
The MC3 beeps continuously when it is on !
I have refreshed the MC firmware successfully and the same with aircraft.
But the Goggles will not install (refresh) and stops at 3% .
I have tried on 3 different PC's and different cables - All same result .
I have also tried Binding the MC to goggles 10X time but always ends beeping as it does at the start of the binding .
Now this all started after I could not upload my unlock data to my drone .
I think I finally have that working but cannot check as cannot fly !
AND after the unlock scenerio the drone went haywire and the MC has no control . I actually had to grab it and pull out the battery. Not something I want to do often !

This aircraft is 3 weeks old and was flying ok (except i couldn't fly for longer than 90 seconds before the limitation closed me out as I live near an Airport).
So I am screwed and don't know what to try next.
5-22 00:23
Use props
djiuser_4cFPR3Ji83rI
lvl.2
Poland

Spikemixture Posted at 5-22 00:23
I have the same issue only more.
The MC3 beeps continuously when it is on !
I have refreshed the MC firmware successfully and the same with aircraft.

you did not wrote about trying to reset gogles to factory settings ? you did that too ? and then refresh ?
5-22 03:53
Use props
Spikemixture
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49918 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

djiuser_4cFPR3Ji83rI Posted at 5-22 03:53
you did not wrote about trying to reset gogles to factory settings ? you did that too ? and then refresh ?

No have not reset goggles as did not know that is an option. Have now reset but MC is with the seller as sent it back on their request after explaining my situation ..
5-23 20:52
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules