Beeping when turned on, wont get out of flight mode.
1821 14 2015-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Boosh
lvl.1

Canada

my inspire has never been fully operational , it came messed up. had esc status error. but the dealer i got it from insisted i tried everything...
they said they updated it but im pretty sure they downgraded it. so when i got it back it was on 1.2.1.06 instead of 1.3. so anyways i was scared to update it because it actually worked for a day. then i got esc error again.
So we tried to update it to 1.3 , everytime it said failed. so my friend suggested to try updating to 1.4 dirtectly...
now the inspire constantly makes an crazy beeping noise, not like the update noise but louder with no sd card in it.... and wont get out of flight mode. im supposed to send it back to get replaced but i cant even get it in the carrying case... is there anyway to change travel mode without telling it via the controller?

2015-9-14
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

there is a screw on the bottom you can turn to move the legs.
2015-9-14
Use props
nadeaumarco
lvl.1

United States

I think I had a simmilar problem.  Does it sound like an alarm like sound?  I know the sound is rediculous but try to update the I1 again but  1) re format sd card 2)  on the sd only put the firmware you want to update to 3) when you turn on the noise will be there still ( it sucks i know ) but when you hear the camera updating the craft after about 20 min the noise should stop by it's self and you should hear a success tone  like normal.

Hope that helps
2015-9-14
Use props
Tournique80
lvl.2

Mexico

Can you upload a video? The sound comes from the motors?
2015-9-14
Use props
Boosh
lvl.1

Canada

Tournique80 Posted at 2015-9-14 14:37
Can you upload a video? The sound comes from the motors?

yes i would say the sound is coming from the motors. , heres a link to vid
also wont connect to ipad anymore or rc , so i cant get out of flight mode , the screw on the bottom must have been screwed on there by heman or something. im scared to strip the screw to try and put in travel mode manually.

2015-9-14
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

United States

Boosh Posted at 2015-9-14 15:25
also wont connect to ip ...

That sounds like it is sick. Not even a flashing light.

What these things need is a hard reset function like the iPhone has.
2015-9-14
Use props
Tournique80
lvl.2

Mexico

Boosh Posted at 2015-9-14 17:25
also wont connect to ip ...

I had the same experience. I waited around 10 minutes and the sound of the motors stopped and then the aircraft finished the update (with the normal sound of the camera D-D-D-D) in another 10 minutes.
So format your sd card, save the firmware file again and wait. This worked for me.
2015-9-21
Use props
Boosh
lvl.1

Canada

Tournique80 Posted at 2015-9-21 16:33
I had the same experience. I waited around 10 minutes and the sound of the motors stopped and then ...

everytime i tried to update it to 1.3 it said failed.
that happened after my attempt to update it to 1.4. i had let it sit while i walked my dog , almost 40 minutes. the drone itself would not even connect to the ipad anymore either or the rc , so no way to format the card except from the computer itself. prior to trying all this when it did connect to the ipad i had formatted it before every try.
  that was my final attempt before returning the thing.  prior to that it had constant esc errors , dji themselves told me it was defective after trying a week constantly to get thru to them in fact they said if u receive any time esc error u shouldn't even think of flying it cuz it could just randomly fall from the sky if a motor did actually fail.
the dealer i got it from just decided that downgrading the firmware himself and sending it back to me was a good fix , cost me 150 shipping to send it to him to get it back in that state. another 150 to send it back again last week. remind u it was dead on arrival after purchase i had it for 2 days before esc error. the dealer should have honored the 7 day return.  now this has been drawn out for 4 months haha. less then an hour flight time.
2015-9-21
Use props
ageelectrical
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Boosh Posted at 2015-9-22 04:42
everytime i tried to update it to 1.3 it said failed.
that happened after my attempt to update it ...

Mine is doing  the same as yours  what happend was I updated fron ver 1.2 to 1.3 which went fantastic but on updating to 1.4  the sounds were not the same as I remembered and the rear light failed to flash  blue as it had on previous versions  its now bricked as yours in video with gimble  calibrating the n fals to the side with no power and a lot of different bleeping I've never heard before .at present in talkers with dji I'm going to  have to send it in for repair .i have come to the conclusion its software corrupted as mine was flying perfectly fine before the update  we do need a factory reset, their must be one but dji are not giving us their secrets
2015-9-23
Use props
maclean156
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Mine did the exact same as in video, it had been updated to 1.4 and worked perfectly till I turned it on yesterday and then went like video shown. So I formatted sdcard and loaded 1.4 on it. Turned aircraft on and it still beeped like in video but could hear sad card doing something. After about 15 minutes noise stopped, camera re aligned itself and now all ok.
2015-9-24
Use props
Boosh
lvl.1

Canada

maclean156 Posted at 2015-9-24 03:42
Mine did the exact same as in video, it had been updated to 1.4 and worked perfectly till I turned i ...

did u have a ESC STATUS ERROR , prior to any updating? or after updates.
2015-9-24
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

I tried everything for a month. Multiple SD cards, new cables, etc.

Try ALL the steps first. If it doesnt work, get ready to send it in to DJI California. DO NOT EMAIL or USE CHAT. It will just be a waste of time. CALL THEM. It may take several attempts but calling them is your BEST BET.
2015-9-25
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please call support and get an RMA. This unit should have been returned DOA. Can you please let me know what dealer you bought this from?
2015-9-25
Use props
maclean156
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Boosh Posted at 2015-9-24 23:23
did u have a ESC STATUS ERROR , prior to any updating? or after updates.

I had error yes but it was working fine day before.....all ok after reinstall of update
2015-9-25
Use props
Boosh
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-9-25 09:06
Please call support and get an RMA. This unit should have been returned DOA. Can you please let me k ...

I did call dji and they sent me a RMA but they also said to try and contact the dealer and just have him exchange it because it was faulty and DOA , so I tried that route and sent it back to him only to have my dealer say he "fixed" it by "upgrading" it. when I sent it to him the aircraft and controller were on 1.3 when i got back it was 1.2.1.06 , which makes me think he encountered a problem updating it and then just downgraded it and sent it back thinking that I would just deal with it maybe.
  I'm not entirely sure. I've now sent it back to him again because we called him and said "this thing has been d.o.a was never fixed and i'd like a replacement or my money back"  so he said ok send it back again... he received it last Thursday and i haven't heard from him again, no emails or nothing.
I know that people are busy and I like to give them a bit of time to work I don't rush anyone , but its getting to feel like i've just been robbed. I could give you the name of the dealer but if he actually replaces it I will be more then happy even after these 4 months of waiting... I dont want to ruin his business's name if he actually does replace my drone.
realistically though I think he is going to try and send it back to DJI himself and make me wait the fixing period, because of the way he drew it out , I almost think he did it on purpose so he wouldn't have to honor his 7 day exchange policy.
1 of the worst customer experiences of my life if not the worst haha especially for the price I paid because I bought alot of extras...
2015-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules