Max altitude
410 15 5-6 20:30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
Italy

With my Mavic Air 2 I could fly above 400' in the US. I'm in Italy with my Mini 4 Pro and can't get above 120 meters...there's a message about getting authorization or something. Is there no way to override? This makes flying the Amalfi Coast difficult as you can't fly up the side of a steep hillside more than 120 meters.
5-6 20:30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Go into the settings and adjust the Max Altitude Limit.
5-6 23:01
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12477300 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

HI,

Max height in the EU for a Mini4Pro with a C0 classification = 120 meter.
AFAIK getting a C1 label via DJI will remove this 120 meter limit.

Mayby start a flight on top of the Amalfi Coast ?   ;-)

cheers
JJB
5-6 23:07
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Thank you for contacting us. It's possible that the issue is due to a mismatch between your remote controller's time and the server's time. To fix this, try the following steps:

1. Open the main menu by swiping down, then go to the system settings in the top-right corner.
2. Select the Date and Time settings and make sure to enable both 'Automatic time zone' and 'Automatic date and time'.
3. Reconnect to the internet to sync the time. After doing so, the displayed time should match your local time.
4. If the time is still incorrect after reconnecting, try restarting your device (turn it off and then back on) to see if that resolves the issue.
5-7 00:02
Use props
DvD2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 90600 ft
Italy

it’s illegal to flight above 120mt in Italy! In Italy you have to register on d-flight, apply the qrcode on your drone and then consult the maps to see the local restrictions (in some area you can’t flight). And C0 drones, as per EASA regulation, cannot fly more than 120mt from the take off point.
5-7 08:19
Use props
djiuser_LVgVqI73PuLL
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Natalia Posted at 5-7 00:02
Thank you for contacting us. It's possible that the issue is due to a mismatch between your remote controller's time and the server's time. To fix this, try the following steps:

1. Open the main menu by swiping down, then go to the system settings in the top-right corner.

I have a question about Max Altitude. I live in the EU. By default Mini 4 Pro is set up for C0 class meaning 120 from starting point and no RID. Now adding Extended battery makes the drone heavier than 250g and automatically falls into C1 class - does that mean that installing Extended battery will change Max Altitude to C1 class (120 from ground level NOT start point) ?
5-8 01:06
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12477300 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_LVgVqI73PuLL Posted at 5-8 01:06
I have a question about Max Altitude. I live in the EU. By default Mini 4 Pro is set up for C0 class meaning 120 from starting point and no RID. Now adding Extended battery makes the drone heavier than 250g and automatically falls into C1 class - does that mean that installing Extended battery will change Max Altitude to C1 class (120 from ground level NOT start point) ?

Hi,

Using a plus battery in a Mini4pro does not change the limit, drone remains a C0 drone for DJI.FlyApp shows this warning.

You can get an C1 label for the Mini4pro via DJI.

But i understand your saying, for me a Mini4Pro with plus battery is a C1 drone. (don`t know how the 'legaslation' looks at this)

cheers
JJB
PlusBattery.png
5-8 05:10
Use props
Struthio
lvl.1
Poland

JJB* Posted at 5-8 05:10
Hi,

Using a plus battery in a Mini4pro does not change the limit, drone remains a C0 drone for DJI.FlyApp shows this warning.

Yes but this is something that made me curious after I read another thread on this forum about Remote ID.
With firmware upgrade DJI removed the possibility for RID when using standard batteries, because 'it is not required by legislation', but RID is automatically enabled when using extended batteries as 'drone exceeds 250g and for such drones RID is required'.
If we change the RID rule because extended batteries make drones fall under different legislation rules, then why not change all rules to those from 'higher classification' (including Max Altitude)?
5-8 06:42
Use props
caromuffa
lvl.1

Italy

Struthio Posted at 5-8 06:42
Yes but this is something that made me curious after I read another thread on this forum about Remote ID.
With firmware upgrade DJI removed the possibility for RID when using standard batteries, because 'it is not required by legislation', but RID is automatically enabled when using extended batteries as 'drone exceeds 250g and for such drones RID is required'.
If we change the RID rule because extended batteries make drones fall under different legislation rules, then why not change all rules to those from 'higher classification' (including Max Altitude)?

I'm unclear as to why C0 has a limit of 120 m, while C1 is limited to 500 m. The EU legislation, however, mandates that both C0 and C1 should not exceed 120 m.
5-8 07:28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

C1 you can fly up a mountain to 500m higher than the launch point yet remain within 120m of the closest ground. The latter being the legal limit.
C0, for some reason, limits the drone to 120m higher than the launch point.

They are entirely different rules.
5-8 07:38
Use props
harweyko
lvl.3
Flight distance : 637923 ft

Slovakia

my grain of salt.. Mini 4 consists of 2 models, model MT4MFVD is C0 certified drone chasis with maximum take off mass of 249g that was stated by DJI during drone model certification process, so in case you insert plus battery your drone is not fulfilling certification requirements for C0 drone and can't be officially flown in Open category (possibly in Specific). It can't also recertify itself out of nothing to C1 category. To legally fly with plus battery you need to recertify the drone to C1, which has model number  MT4MFVDB for the same drone chasis (stated on label inside the drone) , but as per manual DJI presented it with maximum take off mass of 342g + it fulfills other reqirements of C1 class like RID, geo awareness, etc..
So there are 2 model numbers for the same chasis, each model is certified in it's own category with it's own MTOM weight and it's own accesories that can be officially added.
5-8 07:43
Use props
Struthio
lvl.1
Poland

harweyko Posted at 5-8 07:43
my grain of salt.. Mini 4 consists of 2 models, model MT4MFVD is C0 certified drone chasis with maximum take off mass of 249g that was stated by DJI during drone model certification process, so in case you insert plus battery your drone is not fulfilling certification requirements for C0 drone and can't be officially flown in Open category (possibly in Specific). It can't also recertify itself out of nothing to C1 category. To legally fly with plus battery you need to recertify the drone to C1, which has model number  MT4MFVDB for the same drone chasis (stated on label inside the drone) , but as per manual DJI presented it with maximum take off mass of 342g + it fulfills other reqirements of C1 class like RID, geo awareness, etc..
So there are 2 model numbers for the same chasis, each model is certified in it's own category with it's own MTOM weight and it's own accesories that can be officially added.

So the best option would be if mass exceeds 250g it should 'take off' in C1 mode with C1 serial and require appropriate certification from the pilot. If the drone is 250 and less, it should present an option to take off in C0 or C1 mode.
5-8 10:41
Use props
harweyko
lvl.3
Flight distance : 637923 ft

Slovakia

Struthio Posted at 5-8 10:41
So the best option would be if mass exceeds 250g it should 'take off' in C1 mode with C1 serial and require appropriate certification from the pilot. If the drone is 250 and less, it should present an option to take off in C0 or C1 mode.

If it was legally possible why not, but it isn't. If your car is certified as N1 (small lorry up to 3.5t) with max weight with load of 3000kg in papers, and you load it to 3600 kg, it's not automatically N2 category truck (3.5-5t), it's just overloaded N1 category vehicle (and you can be breaking the rules as driver as N2 requires C type driver licence instedad of B typem same as A1/A3 exam for C1 drone). And the same is valid for C0 drone with plus battery, you can't recertify it between categories automatically 10 times a day.
5-8 21:17
Use props
caromuffa
lvl.1

Italy

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-8 07:38
C1 you can fly up a mountain to 500m higher than the launch point yet remain within 120m of the closest ground. The latter being the legal limit.
C0, for some reason, limits the drone to 120m higher than the launch point.

thank you Sean
5-8 23:43
Use props
MiniManiac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Came across this webpage whilst looking into height limits, seems that DJI will allow it but you have to remove a label.

https://viewpoints.dji.com/blog/dji-mini-series-altitude-limit-eu
5-9 03:59
Use props
Struthio
lvl.1
Poland

harweyko Posted at 5-8 21:17
If it was legally possible why not, but it isn't. If your car is certified as N1 (small lorry up to 3.5t) with max weight with load of 3000kg in papers, and you load it to 3600 kg, it's not automatically N2 category truck (3.5-5t), it's just overloaded N1 category vehicle (and you can be breaking the rules as driver as N2 requires C type driver licence instedad of B typem same as A1/A3 exam for C1 drone). And the same is valid for C0 drone with plus battery, you can't recertify it between categories automatically 10 times a day.

Yes, You are right.

I just wanted to point out that enabling RID should also not take place with an extended battery, as You mention it is still a C0 drone 'overloaded', not C1 drone so RID is not required. Drone just violates C0 certification rules not recertify itself.

Second case is if C0 is violated (and You shouldn't fly such a drone), then upholding max altitude limit does not give anything - C0 is violated anyway (but I understand that larger batteries are not such a risk as flying higher and hitting some other aircraft).

Going away from DJI limits, C0 is a bit of a strange certification (at least in PL and Mini4Pro). I have a limit of 120m from take-off point, BUT I have to register any flights to authorities before I start and define the height in AGL that I will be flying. If I start a drone on the hill and fly over some valley I can easily violate rules for 'allowed flight'.
5-9 05:02
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules