DJI Avata 2 FPV Controller 3 - Tips for Beginners

5-7 00:12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another nice find DA.    Xavier does an excellent job of explaining the stick movements and what it does
5-7 02:48
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-7 02:48
Another nice find DA.    Xavier does an excellent job of explaining the stick movements and what it does

Ive just been out and flew 3 avata 2 batteries,  one of them entirely in manual mode without getting trouble.  Nothing serious just some light flying about and not getting too close to anything or the ground.  
5-7 06:04
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-7 06:04
Ive just been out and flew 3 avata 2 batteries,  one of them entirely in manual mode without getting trouble.  Nothing serious just some light flying about and not getting too close to anything or the ground.

That's a really great start at manual mode.  I'm assuming the weather was at least nice enough to get in the flights and hopefully more for other tasks.

I found a really, really nice watch today on a dive.  I also found a really ornate money clip (no money in it).  I looked up the watch on the internet and it retails for around $400.  Too bad it wasn't a Rolex.  
5-7 14:14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-7 14:14
That's a really great start at manual mode.  I'm assuming the weather was at least nice enough to get in the flights and hopefully more for other tasks.

I found a really, really nice watch today on a dive.  I also found a really ornate money clip (no money in it).  I looked up the watch on the internet and it retails for around $400.  Too bad it wasn't a Rolex.

Sadly I wasted too much of the day in traffic Jams,    got picked up to swap the cars about and got stuck in road works,    came home via more road works,   went to empty the car and realised it still had medication in for my parents so I had to return that,  through more road works,   I lost nearly 3 hours messing about.  But at least the sun was shining.
5-7 22:43
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-7 22:43
Sadly I wasted too much of the day in traffic Jams,    got picked up to swap the cars about and got stuck in road works,    came home via more road works,   went to empty the car and realised it still had medication in for my parents so I had to return that,  through more road works,   I lost nearly 3 hours messing about.  But at least the sun was shining.

Sadly, that 3 hours could have been put to more productive uses but what can you do.  Sitting in traffic is never, ever fun.  
5-8 02:51
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-8 02:51
Sadly, that 3 hours could have been put to more productive uses but what can you do.  Sitting in traffic is never, ever fun.

The good news is they are going to be fined,   apparently when they got the permit to do the work it Wass agreed they would work until 9pm as to minimise the amount of time the works take,    the local councillor has now got dash cam proof for several days that they are knocking off at 5pm.
5-8 23:26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-8 23:26
The good news is they are going to be fined,   apparently when they got the permit to do the work it Wass agreed they would work until 9pm as to minimise the amount of time the works take,    the local councillor has now got dash cam proof for several days that they are knocking off at 5pm.

Sneaky work crews but not sneaky enough as they've been caught.  
5-9 03:06
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-9 03:06
Sneaky work crews but not sneaky enough as they've been caught.

All I can say is I dont feel sorry for them.
5-10 03:49
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-10 03:49
All I can say is I dont feel sorry for them.

No need to feel sorry for them....they deserve getting fined.
5-10 13:53
Use props
FLY QUADS TV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 667697 ft
South Korea

Interesting tip!
5-10 20:23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-10 13:53
No need to feel sorry for them....they deserve getting fined.

And to top it off after we left another big set of road works got setup near us,   but were away and will miss it.
5-11 21:10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No probs FLY QUADS TV
5-11 21:10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-11 21:10
And to top it off after we left another big set of road works got setup near us,   but were away and will miss it.

Hopefully, that will be done by the time you return from holiday.  
5-12 05:10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-12 05:10
Hopefully, that will be done by the time you return from holiday.

They should be done mid week (gotta love face book for somethings) which leaves lots of buffer for our return.  
5-12 06:40
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-12 06:40
They should be done mid week (gotta love face book for somethings) which leaves lots of buffer for our return.

Okay, so even if they experience weather or other delays they still should be done before your return.  Seems like they are doing a lot of road improvements in your area which is always a good thing when they are done but not during.
5-12 10:25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-12 10:25
Okay, so even if they experience weather or other delays they still should be done before your return.  Seems like they are doing a lot of road improvements in your area which is always a good thing when they are done but not during.

No not improvements.   the opposite,   they dig the road up to fiddle with the gas or water and then the tarmac goes back and we have another bump or two in the road.
5-12 21:26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-12 21:26
No not improvements.   the opposite,   they dig the road up to fiddle with the gas or water and then the tarmac goes back and we have another bump or two in the road.

That's not at all good then.  I think that could be why here they quit allowing as much as possible the passing of any type lines or pipes under main roads.  The problem we face here is the heat as it causes the roads to crack under the extreme summer conditions and their temporary fixes are only bandaids
5-13 03:38
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-13 03:38
That's not at all good then.  I think that could be why here they quit allowing as much as possible the passing of any type lines or pipes under main roads.  The problem we face here is the heat as it causes the roads to crack under the extreme summer conditions and their temporary fixes are only bandaids

Here it's a bit historic that water, sewage, gas and electrical  runs under the roads at least in the residential areas,  I think motor ways they now run them along side.     You can pretty much guarantee that if they fit a metal main hole lid that it will be in the tyre line.
5-13 22:00
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-13 22:00
Here it's a bit historic that water, sewage, gas and electrical  runs under the roads at least in the residential areas,  I think motor ways they now run them along side.     You can pretty much guarantee that if they fit a metal main hole lid that it will be in the tyre line.

I'm thinking some road engineer got a real kick out of making sure the man hole covers would be in the tire path of passing cars.  
5-14 02:51
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Another good video!
5-14 05:39
Use props
Dronep
lvl.4
Flight distance : 650217 ft
Austria

Daf, I think you have asked for FPV simulator working with Controller 3. If so here i found this one. Which looks like works on Windows and Mac OS. Hope it will helps.
5-14 05:39
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dronep Posted at 5-14 05:39
Daf, I think you have asked for FPV simulator working with Controller 3. If so here i found this one. Which looks like works on Windows and Mac OS. Hope it will helps.
Avata 2 Controller 3 and Liftoff

thanks.    I was looking for one that worked with both the remote and the goggles but DJI have dropped support for that with goggles 3.      Ive been using currykitten sim which is free and runs on older hardware better.
5-14 06:22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-14 02:51
I'm thinking some road engineer got a real kick out of making sure the man hole covers would be in the tire path of passing cars.

and at least an inch lower than the rest of the road.
5-14 06:42
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-14 06:42
and at least an inch lower than the rest of the road.

Man, that would make for a lot of bumps going down the road.  I've see the opposite where they stick above the road surface by about 2 inches when I was in South America last.  
5-14 14:32
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-14 14:32
Man, that would make for a lot of bumps going down the road.  I've see the opposite where they stick above the road surface by about 2 inches when I was in South America last.

Not sure the last time I saw one proud of the surface,   but yet we have a lot of bumps,   the roads really have been let go over the last decade,    seems something changed with how they repair that has caused it.
5-14 21:28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-14 21:28
Not sure the last time I saw one proud of the surface,   but yet we have a lot of bumps,   the roads really have been let go over the last decade,    seems something changed with how they repair that has caused it.

No doubt funds for road infrastructure are suffering.  Seems mostly just temporary repairs are the order of the day.  

A new permeable pavement is one of the fastest growing technologies in sustainable asphalt roadway engineering. However, it has not been widely adapted.  
5-15 03:29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-15 03:29
No doubt funds for road infrastructure are suffering.  Seems mostly just temporary repairs are the order of the day.  

A new permeable pavement is one of the fastest growing technologies in sustainable asphalt roadway engineering. However, it has not been widely adapted.

I dont know this for a fact but it seems the councils outsourced road repairs (along with many services) and since then its gone down hill,    for example if a pot hole was reported and there were some other around it before being outsourced the would turn up and do them all,  now they only repair the one thats reported and leave the others.  I assume that because they charge per repair.
5-15 21:33
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-15 21:33
I dont know this for a fact but it seems the councils outsourced road repairs (along with many services) and since then its gone down hill,    for example if a pot hole was reported and there were some other around it before being outsourced the would turn up and do them all,  now they only repair the one thats reported and leave the others.  I assume that because they charge per repair.

Definitely sounds like a performance based contract or outsourcing where each issue gets charged separately.  
5-16 03:33
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-16 03:33
Definitely sounds like a performance based contract or outsourcing where each issue gets charged separately.

It feels like that when the repair one hole and not the one 9 inches away.
5-16 22:03
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 22:03
It feels like that when the repair one hole and not the one 9 inches away.

Common sense would dictate to go ahead and fill that hole to keep you from coming back again soon to fix it.  However, I'm betting their contract dictates otherwise.  
5-17 03:40
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-17 03:40
Common sense would dictate to go ahead and fill that hole to keep you from coming back again soon to fix it.  However, I'm betting their contract dictates otherwise.

They want to be able to change a second time,  unlike when it was in-house and they just wanted to keep the roads maintained.  
5-17 21:30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 21:30
They want to be able to change a second time,  unlike when it was in-house and they just wanted to keep the roads maintained.

There are a couple of A/C companies locally that have done the same thing and people are complaining to the Better Business Bureau.  It appears the technician replaced a part to get their A/Cs up and running but told them they'd need to add a hard start unit soon.  When the home owner said go ahead and do it now and I'll just pay the difference.  The technician had the part on his truck but said company policy prohibited from doing that.  So the homeowner had to call the company and set up a 2nd appointment to do the hard start unit.  This way the company can add the gasoline and service fee to the 2nd visit.  
yesterday 03:24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules