First flight under my belt!
1333 13 2014-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mh
lvl.2

United Kingdom

After loads of great advice from you guys over the last few days, i took my PV2+ out for the first time (in Naza M as suggested) and it was superb! Wind was about 12MPH but the drone handled everything perfectly. Great response on the Failsafe switch though Homelock was a little shady as it seemed to think i was about 20 feet from where i was. Took it up to about 200 feet (i figured better to start small and work up as my experiance increases) and overall damn good fun! I stuck a little video on youtube if anyone is interested - its not the most exciting thing you will ever see but we all have to start somewhere right?!

2014-12-12
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Congratulations on surviving your first flight unscathed.
Since I got my V+ in July I have never failed to be impressed by how much fun it its to fly. Although my doctor has had to increase my blood pressure medication...  
2014-12-12
Use props
mh
lvl.2

United Kingdom

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-12-13 03:17
Congratulations on surviving your first flight unscathed.
Since I got my V+ in July I have never fai ...

haha! Yep, i did have a little feeling in the pit of my stomach that this was £1000 worth of kit soaring up into the sky but definitely felt much better having switched to Naza mode. As soon as i knew that if anything went wrong i could hit the kill switch i started to relax....

....Until i saw that guys video of his drone just flipping upside down for no reason!
2014-12-12
Use props
mark_turner6920
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1129 ft
United Kingdom

Like yourself i am new to this as well and am lucky enough to have a large paddock in front of where I live. My first flight was 5 min and very nervous. Am still in phantom mode I ain't brave enough to go into naza mode yet.
2014-12-12
Use props
mh
lvl.2

United Kingdom

mark_turner6920 Posted at 2014-12-13 04:32
Like yourself i am new to this as well and am lucky enough to have a large paddock in front of where ...

Go straight to Naza - you won't regret it. As long as you remember to flick S1 and S2 up before flight you won't have any problems, but if things go wrong, Naza gives you options to help you out
2014-12-12
Use props
markkinley
lvl.4

United States

Congrats! on the first flight.. I would recommend going with NAZA and Practice, Practice Practice... Best of Luck
2014-12-12
Use props
mark_turner6920
lvl.3
United Kingdom

mh@blackcatinve Posted at 2014-12-13 05:11
Go straight to Naza - you won't regret it. As long as you remember to flick S1 and S2 up before fl ...

Might give it a try tomorrow but think will be more nervous than when am in phantom mode. Will it still hover if let go of the rc like in phantom mode. Will have to refresh myself on the naza controls.
2014-12-12
Use props
mh
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Yes, everything is the same BUT you have the ability to flip a switch and out her into pure manual mode. YOU DONT WANT TO DO THAT!!! Other wise, Naza will take care of you just the same but you have more emergency recovery features. Make sure you familiarise with all the different options and you'll be good to go - I orinted little labels for my control together with a check sheet of the different light meanings to go on the back
2014-12-12
Use props
mh
lvl.2

United Kingdom

This is a very good read http://www.pattayadays.com/2014/ ... e-phantom-2-vision/
2014-12-12
Use props
mark_turner6920
lvl.3
United Kingdom

mh@blackcatinve Posted at 2014-12-13 05:34
This is a very good read http://www.pattayadays.com/2014/03/naza-mode-on-the-phantom-2-vision/

Thanks for that mh! That explains it better for me than the dji manual.
2014-12-12
Use props
mh
lvl.2

United Kingdom

mark_turner6920 Posted at 2014-12-13 05:47
Thanks for that mh! That explains it better for me than the dji manual.

I think DJI just want to keep you away from Naza at all costs in case you accidentally try and fly in Atti mode and then blame them when it all goes wrong
2014-12-12
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome, congrats!
2014-12-12
Use props
ciprianboboc
lvl.2

United States

Congrats. Good decision to start flying in a open field away from obstacles, people, trees, etc
2014-12-12
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

In NAZA-M mode, Home Lock only brings you back to about 10 meters from your home point. At that location, it switches to Course Lock.
2014-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules