SIGNAL PENETRATION
1219 15 2015-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

I am really impressed with the signal penetration of the Inspire..... i flew behind this building.... had full bars the signal did not drop out once.... video is a little over exposed (dull day) had to do that to see were i was going.... hope you dont mind me posting these FPV video;s ... personaly.... i believe flying FPV is the future of UAV;s....
2015-9-15
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Might be your belief mate, but CASA begs to differ.
You need to maintain VLoS at all times to stay legit in Oz.
Be careful and fly safe!
2015-9-15
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

Farnk666 Posted at 2015-9-15 17:30
Might be your belief mate, but CASA begs to differ.
You need to maintain VLoS at all times to stay  ...

That is now Farnk666.... i am talking about the future.... its like a pilot being instrument rated.... UAV controllers will be FPV rated... and have to pass the necessary tests to get that rating....... it is to restrictive to hold a UAV to LOS....  its just a mater of time.......the restriction will change....
2015-9-15
Use props
kaaooss
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2743143 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Nice flying, noticed the nicely lined up batteries, a good session then? Really like your vid of the surfing at Sawtell, I gotta try get closer like you have for my future vids, thanks for setting a standard.
2015-9-15
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

Thanks Kaaooss for your encouraging comment ... your right about the session and the batteries .... it was a dull day... but... with little wind...i had a rewarding session ...  think i did 9 batteries that day.... i try to get a minimum of 2 hours in the air... every time i go out... the surfing video is one of the first video's i did with the inspire.. about... 7 months ago when i first moved to the coast... glad you liked it... it was exciting doing it new inspire and all.... big problem with screws rusting flying around the ocean ...
2015-9-15
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Just my 2 cents,
1) Maybe that fence around your area helped reflect the signals.
2) I also see the antenna's of the RC are not optimal pointed to the direction where the craft is once it is behind that building.

3) ohhh btw... that is good piloting what i see !!! Very fluent until the end.
4) Very brave @ 1:06. That approch from behind you did !! That would give me a adrenaline rush .
2015-9-15
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

dundee Posted at 2015-9-15 20:21
Just my 2 cents,
1) Maybe that fence around your area helped reflect the signals.
2) I also see t ...

Thanks Dundee.... you could be right about the fence..... i am hoping the confidence i am getting from doing this will pay of in the future.... ha ha the bit you mentioned.... was like having a buzz saw flying past your head at 40kmh... no room for mistakes...
2015-9-15
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

Nice. What I would like to know is what FPV you where using and
did it connect to the Inspire 1?  I want to fly FPV and like flying
That way. What I need to find out, is what headset to get that will
Hook up to the I1 without buying a lot of other equipment to do so.
THANKS
2015-9-15
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

I was shaking the entire time when you were getting close to the trees. I am certain that I now need to be on some type of meds to calm my nerves. I purchased me inspire1
last week and still haven't went airborne. Sure, Ive done the flight simulator which isn't all that due to the fact it doesn't have a FPV while flying and you loose site really fast.
But man nice flying I hope I can do as half as good as you. But I won't be doing any flybys. Top Gun I am Not!

2015-9-15
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

flying behind the buildings, please be careful, and set your RTH altitude higher then buildings
2015-9-16
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

IF you really fly this - I am impressed
2015-9-16
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

ibdronin Posted at 2015-9-16 14:40
I was shaking the entire time when you were getting close to the trees. I am certain that I now need ...

Hi ibdronin...  i find coffee helps.... man... you are in for one exciting ride now that you have a Inspire... safe flying...
2015-9-17
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

jlivingston6@ve Posted at 2015-9-16 08:32
Nice. What I would like to know is what FPV you where using and
did it connect to the Inspire 1?  I ...

Hi jlivingston6.... i am using a ipad mini at the moment.... i have the Epson BT200 glasses which i had with the Phantoms..... but they do not work with the Inspire.... i have the Avegant Glyph on order... hope they start delivery next month... if you are looking at FPV glasses check them out.... i think they will take FPV to a new level.... safe flying....
2015-9-17
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-16 17:36
flying behind the buildings, please be careful, and set your RTH altitude higher then buildings

Thanks DJI Tim.... yep i made sure that was taken care of....
2015-9-17
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2015-9-16 22:43
IF you really fly this - I am impressed

Thank you for your comment nilsblix....  it takes time to get the confidence to do this with the Inspire... but... it is so rewarding when you do.....
2015-9-17
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

@skycam - It was an impressive flight without a doubt. I took flight for the first time late this afternoon. What a blast. But I can tell you it was nothing like your roller coaster ride. You must have been
flying r/c for years? Be safe and happy flying.
2015-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules