Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xavier1984
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1634843 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi all,
I would like to have your feedback concerning a good setting of the OA4 when it is mounted on a helmet (on the rop). The usage is during rockclimbing, mountaineering, alpinisme.

I'm more interested about the stabilization setting : no stab, RS, RS+, horizon level and foe the field of view : linear, wide, extra wide.

Any feedbacks and/or examples are welcome
Thanks !
5-19 08:13
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1180089 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I recommend shooting in 4:3 ratio so you can adjust later in post.  Don't use Wide, use either Dewarp or Ultra Warp. Wide gives most fisheye look from my tests.
Would choose ordinary RockSteady. You can't use horizon level and no need to.
5-19 09:44
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

johansenfoto Posted at 5-19 09:44
I recommend shooting in 4:3 ratio so you can adjust later in post.  Don't use Wide, use either Dewarp or Ultra Warp. Wide gives most fisheye look from my tests.
Would choose ordinary RockSteady. You can't use horizon level and no need to.

Hi, Thank you for the input. I will test the 4:3 ratio ! What is sure is that ultra wide is not the best, I have tested during an climbing ridge.

I think 30fps is OK, no nead 60fps for this type of action (mainly head movement) ?

Thanks
5-20 08:10
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6627 ft
United States

25p or 30p (if you live in an NTSC region) higher frame rates will make movement look natural (they are best used with fast moving objects/sports). You then want your shutter to be double your frame rate. That's likely going to mean you need an ND filter to limit the light.

5-24 08:08
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

Mikedefieslife Posted at 5-24 08:08
25p or 30p (if you live in an NTSC region) higher frame rates will make movement look natural (they are best used with fast moving objects/sports). You then want your shutter to be double your frame rate. That's likely going to mean you need an ND filter to limit the light.

Hi,
Your process works fine (and i know it) when yoi want a cinematic look with natural motion blur. However and especially during mountaineering / climbing activities the light will change very often. Using a nd filter is not very practice in this way. I leave in auto mode. I'm more asking about the stab and the fov. Thank your input that is 100 correct ;)
5-24 08:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules