Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Would a OP3 purchased via Amazon Japan work in the US?
239 4 5-19 16:55
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Parisi2274
Second Officer
Flight distance : 212434 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi All
I have been looking to purchase an OP 3 in the US and the normal places (Amazon, Best Buy, B&H Photo, Adorama, etc) are all sold out or have delivery dates at least a month out (I need it for a trip starting May 31st), and so I was considering purchasing it from Amazon Japan because they have it, and with the yen being so weak to the dollar, it would actually be cheaper for me to buy it there. I guess my main concern is if I would be able to change the on board language from Japanese to English and also if I am able to activate it in the US?
Anyone have any advice they can offer on this? Has anyone done something like this where they purchase from an overseas shop and use it in US?
Thanks!!

5-19 16:55
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Whilst is might work ok, the problem you may find is if you need to claim on the warranty, the logistical side of things is a pain and can be impossible unless you have someone living in Japan.
5-19 17:53
Use props
Parisi2274
Second Officer
Flight distance : 212434 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 5-19 17:53
Whilst is might work ok, the problem you may find is if you need to claim on the warranty, the logistical side of things is a pain and can be impossible unless you have someone living in Japan.

So I assume then that you’d be unable to buy the DJI care refresh in the US to use with a device purchased in Japan?
5-19 17:56
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Parisi2274 Posted at 5-19 17:56
So I assume then that you’d be unable to buy the DJI care refresh in the US to use with a device purchased in Japan?

To be fair, Im not 100% sure on that one, i reckon ya could be wasting ya money on the Care Refresh as I think DJI would just send it back to you untouched, I could be wrong mind, lets see what others say.
5-19 18:00
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You can normally use a DJI Osmo Pocket 3 in the United States after purchasing it in Japan. However, the original warranty can only be applied within the same region where you purchase a DJI product, therefore, if you need to claim a warranty repair, you need to send the product to Japan. Hope this clarifies your query.
5-19 20:30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules