Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
BUG: "Screen off while recording" not working in Timelapse mode
550 4 5-26 02:19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SeenMavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6143255 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello!

During my vacation, I came to a very odd issue with the Osmo Action 4. I have set the "screen off while recording" to 15 seconds to save battery. Especially during long Timelapses it helps and also reduces light/glare depending on the setting. While this setting is working fine with Video and Hyperlapse mode, it is not working at all during a timelapse (single pictures). I tried different settings for the timelapse (0.5s, 2s etc.) and also for the "off" time (3s, 15s etc.) - the screen stays on.

Even after updating to latest firmware it is not working. So this bug is persisting.
I hope DJI will fix this as I know they stop fixing bugs/releasing firmware updates after some time into market.

On Action 1 it is working, same for Action 3. On Action 2 is also not working , just as on Action 4. Weird!

5-26 02:19
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

timelapse" to turn off screen  is to set up  the camera by swiping up and enabeling the Moon, start recording withing 5 seconds the screen turns off. this is not happening in timelpase?

this is what you were trying to do or did not know , maybe a video would be helpful  showing the  concern.  

5-26 03:11
Use props
SeenMavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6143255 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Thank you. That is the "low power mode" which will turn the display off after ~10 seconds. However, the "turn screen off" setting seems to be ignored in Timelapse mode. If I set it to 1min and have the moon off, the screen will never turn off. If I turn the moon on, the screen will turn off after ~10 seconds instead of 1min (or whatever I set up in the menu).
Still weird.
5-26 04:21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

How DJI has set their camera or cameras up to work, its  not tied to the main settings for their reasons, and maybe  a DJI Receptionist can come on take note, and  wait for the answers to get to them to get back to us.   

regards FISH
5-26 05:05
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We may need to forward this concern to our designated team for further clarification. We will provide you with an accurate resolution after we receive the update. Thank you for your patience.
5-26 22:02
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules