Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Making "Waypoints" more usefull
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikedaniels
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48986 ft
United States

I'm all about video. I like the concept of waypoints for programing a smooth flight. However , I wish for more control at the points. I guess I could program several points at each stop location to make the P3P do moves and then move on to next point. Too bad when I pause the flight at a point, I have no control over the P3P other than to continue or reverse the path.
2015-9-15
Use props
captjohnirving
New

United States

DJI completely dropped the ball with WAYPOINTS. The purpose of programmable waypoints is to allow the pilot to make a flight-plan before starting engines, send that plan to the autopilot (drone, airliner's FMS, autopilot, etc.) so that the planed flight is executed after takeoff.  To have to use 20% to 30% of your battery to fly to the place, save a WAYPOINT there, fly to the next location, save it, ad naseum, then send that plan to the drone and only then fly the plan is absurd.
Like many pilots, I need to be able to plan a flight in advance (maybe days in advance), save it, then execute it when I am ready to fly.
Surely DJI can do better than this!
2015-9-15
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

captjohnirving Posted at 2015-9-15 16:52
DJI completely dropped the ball with WAYPOINTS. The purpose of programmable waypoints is to allow th ...

www.litchi.com
2015-9-15
Use props
SteveD718
lvl.1

United States

I picked up a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8" and got litchi.  Can't wait to try it out tomorrow at the park.

www.flylitchi.com
2015-9-15
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

That is true that our waypoints now need an improvement, i also hope it will be coming soon
2015-9-16
Use props
captjohnirving
New

United States

entered in error
2015-9-16
Use props
Show Me Drone
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-16 03:43
That is true that our waypoints now need an improvement, i also hope it will be coming soon

I hope so soon otherwise I will look at this App that the others have shared . IMO that is the way Way Points should be done ,not the current DJI way .  Like the others have stated  we would use up valuable battery life  JUST TO FLY BACK ON THE COURSE WE'VE JUST COMPLETED .  
2015-9-16
Use props
Ikary2008
lvl.1

Venezuela

It's a pain in the ass when you try to put the route waypoint and you have to go to each site and then return, when you do that and your battery is dead or very close to it.

It is possible that the iris + 3dr have more technology than this garbage and worth less than this. It seems a much better option to buy the vision + terrible that need to be in the air to activate the intelligent functions, which is not smart.

I am almost sure to launch these intelligent functions took a very long time, imagine having to stick their tongues in their back, admit their mistakes and start working on improvements, it will be long for this to happen.

The new update of September 7 has many details and connection errors with the remote control. You do not sit reliable perform automatic flight and let the bird go out there alone, knowing that "DJI custome service" will say: you deduct 30% for a new phanton, our defective product.

We expect improvements DJI,

1. Improve waypoints.
2. Remove the restriction of 500 meters on the go app.
2015-9-16
Use props
danwahoo
lvl.1

United States

SteveD718 Posted at 2015-9-15 21:47
I picked up a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8" and got litchi.  Can't wait to try it out tomorrow at the par ...

Only available for Android?
2015-9-16
Use props
Phuglie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United Kingdom

Dave, with regard to waypoints being improved - could we draw the path we want the quadcopter to fly between points on the map - so we could add a 'curved' path rather than the straight one??? Just a thought - pretty please
2015-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules