2859 4 2015-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thegrindlab
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am looking at buying a Phantom 2 (Vision +) in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone has used any model of smart watch to access and of the apps available for this drone. This can include third party apps. I am looking mainly for Android-based watches/apps but iOs would be fine too. I don't have specifics for what I want. I am just looking for what's available so I can plan my purchases. I would mainly want to use a "follow me" feature and access controls from my wrist while skating/cycling. Of course, I could also just strap a phone to my arm/wrist too, I suppose.

Thanks for any input.
-Moni

2015-9-15
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

It's hard to think the smart watch would be a good tool to do many of the functions. To use follow me it needs a good GPS unit so it has a strong signal to follow. Haven't tested it. However for the other function a larger screen is needed to read maps and to see the functions needed to make adjustments. Wouldn't work for me and I am one of those techie guys.
2015-9-16
Use props
thegrindlab
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-9-16 03:59
It's hard to think the smart watch would be a good tool to do many of the functions. To use follow m ...

Thanks, Roy. I had assumed the GPS signal would still come from my mobile phone and that the watch would just be an interface between the drone and the phone, but those assumptions were based totally on my own inexperience. I suppose for now I cannot hope for a "start-and-go" solution.
2015-9-21
Use props
rodbuilder
New

United States

You're not going to use "follow me" with a Vision 2 + because it won't do it!!!
2015-9-22
Use props
aish34
New

Pakistan

there's limited support for smartwatches with the DJI Phantom 2 Vision+. Official DJI apps for controlling the drone are primarily designed for smartphones and tablets. Third-party apps may offer smartwatch compatibility, but specifics depend on what's available. The "Follow Me" feature is likely in the official app. Strapping a phone to your arm is a practical alternative. If you are open to other options you can try Ronin Pakistan  smartwatches , it's a well known smart watches brand in Pakistan
2023-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules