New Apple iOS Coming Out
1286 10 2015-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

iOS 9 is coming out sometime today. I am holding off for awhile to see if someone
On our board updates and everything works fine for an iPad Air 2. It works now and
I might not update. I care more about flying then using my iPad. Hope everything
Works right like map caching. That some I really need. Well, don't really need, nice
To have. Also I like being able to record my iPad's screen while flying so I can edit
Later and have two videos to show what's going on. Not sure about the iPad update
And the screen recorder. If anyone has any input I'd like to hear it. Again, thanks to
All for all your time and help in the past. Without it, I'd be very frustrated.
2015-9-15
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

id hold off as well, the android OS update a while back caused issues having to do with how the DJI app interacts with google maps.
2015-9-15
Use props
SAFAERIALS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93146 ft
Dominican Republic

I asked on a fb group and had some respond of people whos been using the beta of iOs9. All of them say that they havent had any problems with the GO App
2015-9-15
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
United States

Thanks to you who have responded
So far.
2015-9-15
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
United States

If you have updated to ISO 9 on your iPad  and you use
The Shou app used for recording your iPad's screen still work?
I use this so I can have the flight video and the Shou tablet
Video of your screen for the final video where I can show
Both flying and what is going on, on the pilots screen.
2015-9-18
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

I just updated iOS on my older iPad , which I just used for loading and replaying my inspire videos
iOS iPad video no longer supports the inspires video format, pinnacle studio still plays em and i movie as well but not full screen ....
so I'm not sure if I want to upgrade my new iPad mini I use for the pilot app as I have several video clips on it too...still saving for a new MacBook Pro retina for editing and maybe a good stand alone storage device too.
one thing I did notice was that all my old 1080p phantom GoPro videos now look really crisp and clear and you can zoom in and out during playback...So what happened With the new iOS upgrade ? Anyone ?
2015-9-18
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
United States

That's why I want to know........ I do not wish to loose the ability to use the
inspire 1 app or the ability to use Shou to record and playback my pilot screen.
You say the new IOS does not support the Inspire 1 Video playback. Well that's
Good enough for me not to upgrade. When I get my FPV goggles I'll have
GO-PRO video to record the flight, SHOU to record my pilot app during
The flight and the Inspires camera to record the flight. I'll be using and editing them
All to show people different objectives when I fly. Some want to see what the pilot
Is doing. Some want to watch the flight from the Inspire's camera and some
Want to see the video of the flight from below. So I need my iPad Air 2 to handle
All that plus the FPV devise I get, which will probably be the HeadPlay. I like the screen
And not having to look through the holes for each eye. I also wear glasses. If there is
Someone who knows the HeadPlay and why they would not suggest it, please let
Me know. As I understand it, they are not out except for advance orders or people
Are just starting to receive them as they power up their production.
2015-9-18
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

jlivingston6@ve Posted at 2015-9-18 13:24
That's why I want to know........ I do not wish to loose the ability to use the
inspire 1 app or the ...

Like I said my Older iPad I updated which does not use the pilot app, but I do use for inspire video storage and playback after Ios 9 update gives me a message when trying to play the inspire video ..
Video format not supported. I can still play them with the i movie app but not full screen , also play fine with my pinnacle studio app but not in full screen , the iPad's photo app was what I used the most and looked good enough to show and review , no longer ... So I'm not sure about updating my new iPad mini I use for the pilot app and some more inspire video storage and playback , will it too render my inspire videos unplayable or is it just my older iPad that suffered ? Also I've tried two different  fat shark HD
goggles units with my inspire ... both sent back to the supplier in Florida ..  first set worked only intermittently, second set not at all . I've been using the analog dominator for two years with my phantom 2 with GoPro and they are excellent .. The new fat shark Dom HDs were not built as nice , optics were different, looked cheap too for the $$$$$ Which is a bummer cause the originals are excellent , head plays .. Oh my your gonna stand out big time with that huge piece of junk on your head , half baked idea anyway.. There's better designs coming .. Watch the reviews on  YouTube etc.  
2015-9-18
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

I think the pilot app is fine , it's the new iOS 9 iPads  camera feature upgrades that I believe have changed the playback format for the inspires video on the iPad itself , this was with my two plus year old iPad which I don't use the pilot app on. Just for inspire video storage and playback and always worked fine. Till now.
Not sure if this will happen on my new iPad mini2 so I'm waiting for more info..before updating it ...
2015-9-18
Use props
SimplePanda
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've used iOS 9 with DJI Go for a while now (iPad Air 2 with developer and public betas). No issues.
2015-9-18
Use props
edlovrien.msn
lvl.2
United States

I was told today not to do the update.  My friend did it for his phantom and said he had lots of problems.  I guess he read somewhere that DJI said not to do the update till they make fixes, which will be as late as November.  They are pretty slow when it comes to timely fixes and delivery of promises it seems to me.  Oh well, not updating mine.
2015-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules