Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Goggles 3 - stuck in setup
257 5 6-3 12:30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9dfabd81
lvl.1
Flight distance : 130751 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just received my new DJI Avata 2 with the DJI Goggles 3.  I charged everything, and started going through the setup process for the goggles, but it gets stuck after you are in Real View, as soon as you exit Real View. You will get the prompt to "press down on the 5D button to accesss the shortcut menu" and you will not be able to do anything.
I tried powering them off and back on, I tried updating the firmware. No luck. Any tips?
6-3 12:30
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2172041 ft
Canada

I had the same issue with my first Avata 2 kit. Charged the batteries , updated the firmware , got the goggles tutorial on screen,, after that I had no menus , no telemetry , 5D and back buttons did nothing. Could see the video feed from the drone but nothing else, couldn't access any menus. DJI support was completely useless and after they gave me the runaround for three days I had to send the whole kit back for replacement.  Took two weeks to get the replacement kit. I tried everything for 3 days including refreshing the firmware with assistant 2. First firmware update was done with the Fly app. If you bought from a local retailer I would go exchange it if you can. Replacement kit worked fine.
6-3 14:01
Use props
fans9dfabd81
lvl.1
Flight distance : 130751 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alright, I just solved my own problem by literally just spamming the ... out of the 5D button until it got to the next screen. I had to do that through each of the 3 "shortcut" instructions, and then it worked normally after that. No idea why. Seems weird.
6-3 15:08
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

I had the same issue with my first Avata 2 kit.
6-3 18:26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans9dfabd81 Posted at 6-3 15:08
Alright, I just solved my own problem by literally just spamming the ... out of the 5D button until it got to the next screen. I had to do that through each of the 3 "shortcut" instructions, and then it worked normally after that. No idea why. Seems weird.

Hi there,
thank you for reaching out and we apologize for the unpleasant experience.

Can we confirm with you if you're still experiencing the issue?

Looking forward to your response. Thanks!
6-4 21:19
Use props
Dunprete
New
United States

Is there any fix to this yet other than return the drone or spam the button a million times?
Edit: Turns out spamming the hell out of it works great after a few on and offs.
6-12 19:58
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules