Battery firmware Upgrade
2803 14 2015-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anliverani
New

Italy

Hello, I have a Phantom 3 Professional with the latest firmware (v1.4.0010) and remote updated to latest v1.3.20. I just bought two new batteries and I wonder if they will come already updated and if there is a way to know that. If they are not updated, will DJI GO app tell me that they need to be updated? Moreover, since the latest battery firmware is v1.3.20 how can I update them if I have v1.4.0010 already installed on my aircraft?
Many thanks in advance to everyone who can help me.
2015-9-15
Use props
john_schadegg
lvl.1

United States

Just load the latest FW in P3 as if you were to do an update with your new battery and turn on. The battery will be updated.
2015-9-15
Use props
anliverani
New

Italy

john_schadegg Posted at 2015-9-16 07:41
Just load the latest FW in P3 as if you were to do an update with your new battery and turn on. The  ...

Thank you, so I guess the battery firware is included in the latest firmware... right?
2015-9-15
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

if battery requires update, APP will display notification
2015-9-15
Use props
alpflier
lvl.1

Turkey

anliverani@tin. Posted at 2015-9-16 10:07
Thank you, so I guess the battery firware is included in the latest firmware... right?

v1.4.0010 does not update the battery. I does not update the RC either. So you don't have to worry about your extra batteries so long as they have v1.3.20 installed.
2015-9-15
Use props
anliverani
New

Italy

Thank you both.
2015-9-16
Use props
classicalle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

alpflier Posted at 2015-9-16 03:37
v1.4.0010 does not update the battery. I does not update the RC either. So you don't have to worry ...

Actually I updated my battery with v1.4.0010.
2015-9-16
Use props
Phuglie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United Kingdom

Aren't we supposed to keep the latest FW bin file on our SD cards so that any new batteries will automatically be updated if necessary when inserted?
2015-9-16
Use props
pi-inthesky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

ssked this question last night back in September the consensus was to remove bin files after full update ie craft rc and batteries but now there seems to be a switch to retaining the files perhaps dji dave  splodge or raykroni can confirm either
2015-9-16
Use props
ag0n
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

The important thing is to be sure there is only ONE bin file on the card, the latest.  I see no reason to keep it there at all though.  How often are you going to buy a new $150 battery?  Not very.  And when you do, you put the bin file back on the stick and let it update the new battery.
2015-9-16
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-16 02:18
if battery requires update, APP will display notification

Nevermind.  I got it to upgrade finally.  Thanks
2015-9-16
Use props
Dogfart
New

United States

ag0n Posted at 2015-9-16 06:56
The important thing is to be sure there is only ONE bin file on the card, the latest.  I see no reas ...

You may not see a reason but the latest "How_to_Update_Firmware_en_v1.2.pdf"  states:

Updating Intelligent Flight Battery Firmware

The Intelligent Flight Battery is upgraded during the aircraft firmware upgrade process.  It is recommended to keep the upgrade package files in your SD card.  The upgrade will start automatically after power cycling the aircraft.

By the way, 'How_to_Update_Firmware_en_v1.2.pdf' is the document version that came with the 1.4 firmware version.  Those crazy Chinese!  Version Numba no goo.

How often are you going to buy a new $150 battery?  Who the heck knows.  I've made 3 battery purchases so far.  The entire firmware upgrade process is pretty lame.  I mean, the aircraft can take 1.4 but the remote can only use 1.32.  1.4 doesn't contain a remote firmware package... how stupid is that?  For crying out loud, make the firmware version and document versions the same for all the devices even if it's a token change.  DJI needs to get their chit together.
2015-9-23
Use props
GeeDee
lvl.3
Flight distance : 366257 ft
  • >>>
Iraq

Hi guys, there is 5 threads on battery firmware, yet no real answer for what to do if you buy a new battery and already have update the aircraft to the latest firmware 1.4.001. There seems to be consensus that batteries need to have v1.3.20 installed, but we don’t know what they come with, so how do you be sure to have v1.3.20 onto the batteries if you have 1.4.001 on the bird. Downgrade the aircraft and load batteries, then upgrade again?
http://forum.dji.com/thread-18636-1-1.html, http://forum.dji.com/thread-31335-1-1.html, http://forum.dji.com/thread-22201-1-1.html, http://forum.dji.com/thread-21437-1-1.html, http://forum.dji.com/thread-18636-1-1.html. Might be useful to consolidate the threads and try to get a consistent set of advice.
2015-10-2
Use props
hoffman.nir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1757073 ft
  • >>>
Israel

GeeDee Posted at 2015-10-2 18:44
Hi guys, there is 5 threads on battery firmware, yet no real answer for what to do if you buy a new  ...

So I have do put the SD card with the 1.3.20 on the phantom , and then update the new battery?
And the aircraft will stay on 1.4 version?
2015-10-3
Use props
Don Loftus
lvl.3

United States

How long does it take to update the batter?  I just got my Phantom 3 P, uploaded v1.3.20 for the quad and now I'm doing the extra battery.  The beeping is driving me crazy!!!  Its been going on for about 15 minutes already.  Couldn't they use blinking lights for crying out loud?
UPDATE - I forgot to put the SD card in!  Oops, I restarted the process and it's beeping again but the status light now goes from green to red about every second.  Still the question, how long should it take?   Gee that is a loud been when you indoors and the house is quiet.

I finally gave up so I'm not sure if the batter ever got updated, but now, even when I just turn on the quad none of the start up lights come on.  All it does is beep at me.  I also could not get the RC to upgrade, all it did was beep too.  The white lights came on (showing full charge) and the status light stays red.  I was getting video from the camera and could point it around the room, so that works.  I'm not sure what to do now, any suggestions?  I problably boogered something up.

ANOTHER UPDATE - Well, I couldn't leave it alone and worked on it some more.  I read somewhere about a "link button" and pushed that with a ball point pen.   The copter and the remote control continued to beep for a little while longer but then the lights came on on the copter and the RC "GO" app started working properly, so the connection was finally made. After that everything seem to work, I had camera connection, could tilt the camera and engage the motors and everything seem like it was ready to fly.   Since it was 1 o'clock in the morning I decided to wait until daylight. I'll do some more reading and eventually go out for the first flight sometime today.
2015-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules