Anybody had this yet on the Goggles?
366 12 6-11 01:35
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yogi053
First Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Flying 3 batteries this morning, message popped up saying SD card fault in Goggles, please format card. Finished flying and tried accessing SD card on Desktop, no joy. Tried accessing on Laptop, no joy. Tried formatting on Goggles (Avata connected), no joy. Looks like the Goggles SD card has gone u/s (unserviceable). Card was bought from Dji just after Avata 2 was released so only a few weeks old. It is one of their recommended Kingston Cards that they sell. Anybody had their goggles SD card go u/s yet?
6-11 01:35
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 15283773 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's not good. I use a Sandisk Extreme 64gb in my goggles and Extreme Pro 128gb in the drone. No problems with either. It seems your sd card has a fault. Have you tried using other cards in the goggles?
6-11 01:59
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 6-11 01:59
That's not good. I use a Sandisk Extreme 64gb in my goggles and Extreme Pro 128gb in the drone. No problems with either. It seems your sd card has a fault. Have you tried using other cards in the goggles?

That is exactly what I did AJ. I stuck another one in the goggles and was able to format that one there. I had bought 3 of those cards from Dji so I will use them but keep an eye on them in use. I will only use Sandisk or Samsung cards in my drones themselves. I wonder if Dji will pick up on this thread and send me a replacement card. LOL.
6-11 02:06
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have 3 of those cards Yogi also bought at the same time as the drone,     one has lived in the goggles since purchase with no issues with 600km of flights now.   I think you might just be unlucky and you should be able to get it replaced.       PS Even the one that ended up under water still works fine.  
6-11 02:54
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-11 02:54
I have 3 of those cards Yogi also bought at the same time as the drone,     one has lived in the goggles since purchase with no issues with 600km of flights now.   I think you might just be unlucky and you should be able to get it replaced.       PS Even the one that ended up under water still works fine.

Thanks David. Hazard of the hobby I suppose. Maybe as I said previously, Dji will pick up on this and send me a new one. I won't hold my breath after waiting 7 weeks for a mini 2 replacement under care refresh. And it still proves faulty. C'est la vie.OR as the Jocks say, "Jings crivvens help ma boab".
6-11 03:01
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 6-11 02:06
That is exactly what I did AJ. I stuck another one in the goggles and was able to format that one there. I had bought 3 of those cards from Dji so I will use them but keep an eye on them in use. I will only use Sandisk or Samsung cards in my drones themselves. I wonder if Dji will pick up on this thread and send me a replacement card. LOL.

You will definitely be entitled to a replacement under warranty but I think you will need to raise the usual ticket mate! You could PM one of the mods you may have a closer connection with and see what they say.
6-11 03:30
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 6-11 03:30
You will definitely be entitled to a replacement under warranty but I think you will need to raise the usual ticket mate! You could PM one of the mods you may have a closer connection with and see what they say.

Just had a telephone chat with technical assistance in the Netherlands.They called me on another matter. I think I have established quite a good rapport with a staff member there. Maybe they could help later.
6-11 03:39
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 6-11 03:39
Just had a telephone chat with technical assistance in the Netherlands.They called me on another matter. I think I have established quite a good rapport with a staff member there. Maybe they could help later.

They probably will given that it is not that big of a item in terms of replacement value.
6-11 03:46
Use props
eried
Second Officer
Flight distance : 852854 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

The only issue I have experienced is some chinese chars when the goggles are starting up
6-11 06:00
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there,

If you purchase the SD card from our official store, you can request Replacement Service and warranty if it's applicable on this link; https://repair.dji.com/gb/repair/replacement

If you have relevant questions, please contact DJI Support at: https://support-chat.dji.com/?ch ... mp;from=HelpContent for help.

Thank You.
6-13 02:20
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-13 02:20
Hi there,

If you purchase the SD card from our official store, you can request Replacement Service and warranty if it's applicable on this link; https://repair.dji.com/gb/repair/replacement

Cheers Natalia, already in correspondence with Support in the Netherlands.
6-13 02:24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

yogi053 Posted at 6-13 02:24
Cheers Natalia, already in correspondence with Support in the Netherlands.

That's great to know you have gotten the needed assistance.

If you have any other questions, kindly let us know. Thank You, have a great day!
6-13 03:03
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-13 03:03
That's great to know you have gotten the needed assistance.

If you have any other questions, kindly let us know. Thank You, have a great day!

Yep, you too Natalia.
6-13 03:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules