Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Survey: Satisfaction or problems with the Mini 4 Pro
1151 29 6-17 06:38
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Ollie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116362 ft
Germany

Hello all !
In the forum you often read about problems with the Mini 4 Pro.
Do only some of you have real problems (malfunctions) or are you satisfied?

Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 12 entry optional ), Total 58 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
6-17 06:38
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6627913 ft
  • >>>
Russia

The main problem with Mini 4 is the problem with users who do not read the instructions. Well, various technical malfunctions occur with any equipment and this is not a global problem.
6-17 08:01
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Serg SSA Posted at 6-17 08:01
The main problem with Mini 4 is the problem with users who do not read the instructions. Well, various technical malfunctions occur with any equipment and this is not a global problem.

Apparently those who do not read the instructions often start new threads on the same topics which are already posted numerous times on the forum
6-17 12:48
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6627913 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Monkey007 Posted at 6-17 12:48
Apparently those who do not read the instructions often start new threads on the same topics which are already posted numerous times on the forum

Yes, I agree
6-17 13:02
Use props
travelmate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 560761 ft
Bulgaria

Well, the shaky flight behavior is a little problem, it's scary, when you see it high above water shaking like a car with half of cylinders off, although in general I'm happy with the product
6-17 21:32
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

The issue with the MIni 4 Pro is that they have added too many features for its little processor and memory to be able to handle. I bought mine in fall off 2023, and after the initial update when I bound it to my account where they had added the AR homepoint, it functioned flawlessly and was an amazing piece of technology.
As further updates were released, particularly the goggles, and motion sensor camera display capability, things have gone progressively downhill to the point where there are too many parameters for the little guy to handle. If one thing goes out of whack, say an IMU calibration being slightly off, the processor can't deal with stabilization and collision avoidance at the same time in a full throttle environment, and pretty soon its over compansating and doing the wave.
This is why you see all these weird issues popping up for some and not for others.
The best thing DJI could do is drop a bunch of slider switches into the app to disable a bunch of these features for those not wanting to use them, and take some of the load off the system.

6-19 05:47
Use props
Dirty Bird
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

Manitobahunter Posted at 6-19 05:47
The issue with the MIni 4 Pro is that they have added too many features for its little processor and memory to be able to handle. I bought mine in fall off 2023, and after the initial update when I bound it to my account where they had added the AR homepoint, it functioned flawlessly and was an amazing piece of technology.
As further updates were released, particularly the goggles, and motion sensor camera display capability, things have gone progressively downhill to the point where there are too many parameters for the little guy to handle. If one thing goes out of whack, say an IMU calibration being slightly off, the processor can't deal with stabilization and collision avoidance at the same time in a full throttle environment, and pretty soon its over compansating and doing the wave.
This is why you see all these weird issues popping up for some and not for others.

Just an FYI, the Mini 3 Pro occasionally does the "wave" & it lacks most of the Mini 4 Pro advanced features.
6-19 06:00
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Interesting, I had a mini 3 Pro for over a year, and also a second one for a period of time.  My buddy Mike had one for well over a year and we never witnessed this behavior. We purchased them right when they were released.
I've posted in another thread on here detailing some troubleshooting I did with my Mini 4. It never ever does the wave with the collision avoidance turned off, and Mikes Mini 4 only has the second update where they added the AR homepoint, he's smart enough not to update it further, and he has no issue with it. Same thing we both did with the mini 3 pro's. I bought the Integra goggles and Motion 2 so needed to do the December update and thats where things started to go sideways for me. Since then I've done all the updates hopeing one will fix things, but they fix one thing and break another. The latest updates showed great promise, and I ended up doing them all over the air so I would get 1.13.5 fly app, and thats when the crazy wave began.
I've since refreshed the firmware on the Mini 4 and RC2 with the DJI assist 2, as well as recalibrating the IMU multiple times, and have finally gotten the wave to stop and normal flight with collision avoidance on to resume.
Throughout it all, the drone has flown perfectly with collision avoidance set to off. I've also noticed that with the collision avoidance set to on, the drone slows greatly in turns in normal mode, and if collision avoidance is diabled, it turns at high speed at the same altitude in the same mode.
As for the wave, it's almost as if the drone thinks its seeing something , perhaps the props, thinking somethings there, its slamming on the brakes and then when the drones attitude changes, the detection of a close object goes away and it accelerates and, and just keeps repeating this, overcompensating...
In turns, when it slows, its almost as if its distracted and just takes takes its little foot off the gas, so to speak, lol...
In any case I appreciate you mentioning the mini 3's also exhibit this issue, though it again could just be a case of relentless updates and additions over burdening the processor and memory.

6-19 19:17
Use props
MiniManiac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311368 ft
United Kingdom

I only have 2 small niggles with the M4
1) the stupid over designed totally over kill prop holder, now replaced with a velcro type strap
2) that you have to remove the above and swing the legs out to get the battery out.

Other wise im very happy with Fife (small flute due to its startup sound)
6-21 12:09
Use props
FC Bayern
lvl.3
Flight distance : 110745 ft
North Macedonia

Funny thing I noticed - I put the prop holder faster than the gimbal protector...
7-1 08:59
Use props
travelmate
lvl.4
Bulgaria

MiniManiac Posted at 6-21 12:09
I only have 2 small niggles with the M4
1) the stupid over designed totally over kill prop holder, now replaced with a velcro type strap
2) that you have to remove the above and swing the legs out to get the battery out.

Totaly agree with 2... The most stupid thing at all
7-4 20:09
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there,

We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Thank you for your recommendations. Please rest assured that we will forward your feedback to the related department for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.  

If you have any other questions, kindly let us know. Thank You!
7-4 23:22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

travelmate Posted at 7-4 20:09
Totaly agree with 2... The most stupid thing at all

Hi there,

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing.

Thank you for your recommendations.  Please rest assured that we will forward your feedback to the related department for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments.
7-4 23:23
Use props
djiuser_WSUr1cHbVTFn
New
Malaysia

Manitobahunter Posted at 6-19 05:47

Can I know flying at night mode and records, when press RTH, it will stop recording by itself?
7-6 15:22
Use props
SammyB
New

United States

M4P

I have noticed an issue with the VPS and landing on my black top driveway.

Sometimes it refuses to land.
Not go into landing mode but will continue to decend.

Go into landing mode, but Bounce many times upon landing before prop off!

If I move over to the Asphalt street, no problem. Hmm.
Move VPS over side walk 2 feet away, again, no problem

7-7 18:06
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

djiuser_WSUr1cHbVTFn Posted at 7-6 15:22
Can I know flying at night mode and records, when press RTH, it will stop recording by itself?

It will still record unless you stop it yourself. Personlly I would want the recording to continue until I land safely. I always start a screen recording when I take off, as I'll have a visual record of the displayed flight data. I f something goes wrong or you have to go look for your drone, you'll be happy to have a screen recording.
7-7 21:03
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

I fixed my overdesigned prop holder by reaming out the hole so it snaps on and off easily and the trick is to angle the blades a certain way, and it pops on and off like nothing with no pressure on the blades. It sucked beyond belief when i first got the drone, as one almost had to break the drones arm to snap the little snap shut. Its actually super hard plastic inside, not rubber like the mini 2 cames with.
7-7 21:09
Use props
travelmate
lvl.4
Bulgaria

Manitobahunter Posted at 7-7 21:09
I fixed my overdesigned prop holder by reaming out the hole so it snaps on and off easily and the trick is to angle the blades a certain way, and it pops on and off like nothing with no pressure on the blades. It sucked beyond belief when i first got the drone, as one almost had to break the drones arm to snap the little snap shut. Its actually super hard plastic inside, not rubber like the mini 2 cames with.

Can you post a picture what you've made to the holder? I think it'll be usefull to a lot of people
7-7 22:18
Use props
djiuser_VIwJR8ELSWT8
lvl.2

Germany

travelmate Posted at 7-7 22:18
Can you post a picture what you've made to the holder? I think it'll be usefull to a lot of people

There are propeller holders from other suppliers that are made of a much softer material. I use a propeller holder like this, which also protects the infrared sensors on the underside of the drone. I won't name any sources, as DJI would probably not like that in this forum.
7-7 22:34
Use props
travelmate
lvl.4
Bulgaria

Mini 4Pro is really a great product, I can fly it in spaces, I can't imagine flying other model. The ones who says M3P is better, are the ones who did not manage to sell the 3Pro on time and get a good price. But there are many small things, which I thought should have been corrected till now.

1. Jerky flying oscillating, how they call it, it happens and its causing some stress, when the drone is over water and you see it jumping in the air, like going to fall any minute soon or my last flight the drone was 3km away in the mountain and I see on the screen oscillating, like the current to the motors is not constant
2. Lack of 2.7K recording, easier to edit
3. Subject scanning should be always on, right now it even switches off automatically. Turn subject scanning on, use tracking/follow a little, use a quick shot and for a new tracking/follow subject scanning is already off, should enable again
4. Prop holder is really terrible, I wish there is replacement on Aliexpress, for my mini2 I bought a soft silicon one
5. There should be manual switch between ATT mode and GPS mode, to make close flying over water possible
6. Night leds on, in my country is not obligatory, but to complete the list.

Some wishes:
1. 2,7K
2. Quick shot asteroid in vertical mode
3. Dolly zoom added as quick shot

All in all Minii 4 Pro is a great product and the 360 OA, waypoints and auto tracking makes a difference
7-7 22:50
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

travelmate Posted at 7-7 22:18

There wouldn't be anything to se, I just remed the holes out using several sharp objects until the snap took less pressure to pop in. It was a slow careful process
7-9 12:13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_WSUr1cHbVTFn Posted at 7-6 15:22

Hi there,

Normally, the video recording will not stop when RTH is triggered.

I hope this information has helped to clarify your inquiries. If you have any other questions, kindly let us know. Thank You!
7-9 23:13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

SammyB Posted at 7-7 18:06
M4P

I have noticed an issue with the VPS and landing on my black top driveway.

Hi there,

Blacktop can be very reflective, especially in bright sunlight. The VPS system relies on the camera capturing the ground texture to determine altitude and position for landing. A highly reflective surface might confuse the VPS, making it difficult to land accurately.

I hope this information has helped to clarify your inquiries. If you have any other questions, kindly let us know. Thank You!
7-9 23:41
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Manitobahunter Posted at 7-7 21:03
It will still record unless you stop it yourself. Personlly I would want the recording to continue until I land safely. I always start a screen recording when I take off, as I'll have a visual record of the displayed flight data. I f something goes wrong or you have to go look for your drone, you'll be happy to have a screen recording.

Thanks for sharing this information! It will definitely be helpful for others on the forum. Have a great day! Thank You!
7-9 23:42
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

travelmate Posted at 7-7 22:50
Mini 4Pro is really a great product, I can fly it in spaces, I can't imagine flying other model. The ones who says M3P is better, are the ones who did not manage to sell the 3Pro on time and get a good price. But there are many small things, which I thought should have been corrected till now.

1. Jerky flying oscillating, how they call it, it happens and its causing some stress, when the drone is over water and you see it jumping in the air, like going to fall any minute soon or my last flight the drone was 3km away in the mountain and I see on the screen oscillating, like the current to the motors is not constant

Hi there,

Thank you for your recommendations. Please rest assured that we will forward your feedback to the related department for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments.

Thank you for your support and understanding.
7-9 23:43
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19915289 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Edited to add: I tried the prop strap on my Mini 3 Pro and it’s...

I’m a little confused by the number of complaints about the prop guard or strap. If the comments are referring to the included silicone strap that’s meant to hold the props in the stowed position, my suggestion is to get a strip of double-sided Velcro. This is a special Velcro that has the ‘hooks’ on one side and ‘loops’ on the reversed side. This type of Velcro is often used to bundle together cables or hoses by simply wrapping the Velcro strip around the cable or hose bundle. I use this method with my Mini 3 Pro as it did not come with a dedicated prop strap.
However, when I first got my Mini 4 Pro, I too struggled with this original DJI accessory. It looked like over-kill, but upon studying it closely I noticed that when installed correctly as intended the props are not tightly strapped to the body. The props have a slight play even after being strapped in. The steps for installing the prop strap that works for me is as follows:-
1, after folding the arms and ensuring the prop blades are properly nestled, hold the drone inverted in your left hand.
2, With your right hand position the prop strap over the 2 landing knobs. It’s very prominent when you hold the drone inverted. The strap is designed to fit snuggly over those 2  knobs and will thus align the rest of the strap as you continue to fold the remainder around.
3, You should be able to align and snap the strap end.  All four motors should have sufficient freedom that you can power up the drone(just don’t start the motors!)
  My description is a little wordy, but with a little practice you be able to do this out in the field with all of your hair still intact. Happy flying dear friends
7-10 08:21
Use props
Tom S6
New
United States

I just got mine, but so far I'm having issues with video flickering at times, and I find the batteries have far less flight time than the DJI specs. Still trying to find solutions for the video issues.
yesterday 13:22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Tom S6 Posted at 7-20 13:22
I just got mine, but so far I'm having issues with video flickering at times, and I find the batteries have far less flight time than the DJI specs. Still trying to find solutions for the video issues.

Hi there,
thank you for reaching out.

Before I can assist you further, please provide me with samples illustrating the issue so that I can examine it in more detail.

I appreciate your patience and understanding. Thank you.
yesterday 21:11
Use props
djiuser_0nxmTpHsHoOI
New

Australia

My RC2 controller when I switch it on the picture on the screen has lines , not grid lines the picture looks pixilated , only on the controller any suggestions why this is ?
yesterday 21:15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_0nxmTpHsHoOI Posted at 7-20 21:15
My RC2 controller when I switch it on the picture on the screen has lines , not grid lines the picture looks pixilated , only on the controller any suggestions why this is ?

Hi there,
thank you for reaching out.

Could you please confirm if the device was tested in an open area? Additionally, try removing the SD card from the DJI RC2 to determine if the issue continues. It would also be advisable to check the playback file for any pixelation.

Kindly update me on the latest progress. Thank you.
yesterday 21:30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules