Confused about care refresh
244 3 6-24 09:49
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MiniManiac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311368 ft
United Kingdom

When I bought my Mp4 i took out the 1 year care refresh, can someone advise on how this works.

I know there is a charge at some point if from my own fault it reaches a bad end so to speak but...

Lets say im out flying and it just goes out of control and hits a wall/tree/vehicle etc, am i going to have to pay for it?

if it fails in flight over water and visits davey jones locker again wiill I have to pay for it?

As for fly away, if this occurs because of system error will I have to pay for it?

I know there are flight logs and thanks to people like Msinger at phantomhelp log viewer I can read the logs and see what went on, will DJI argue if it shows quad error, im happy to accept paying if in anyway I am at fault but not if the software hardware fails.

thanks

6-24 09:49
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If the drone is within the warranty period and the logs reveal/suggest that the crash or loss  stems from a fault within the drone then the repair or replacement is generally FOC and this is irrespective of whether or not the drone was recovered.
In some cases DJI have initially said it was pilot error but they have then changed their mind when presented with analysis/arguments from/on here or the MavicPilots forum.

On the other hand, DJI have been known to treat a crash/loss as a warranty issue even when the evidence that we have seen i.e. the flight log, has plainly said "pilot error".

If the crash is pilot error then you pay, if you can recover the drone then the fee is the care refresh excess.
If the drone is lost or unrecoverable and not a warranty issue, then you pay the flyaway excess which is a fair bit more than the care refresh excess.

NOTE for flyaway cover to be valid, the drone MUST be bound to the DJI account that bought the insurance AND the controller MUST be bound to the drone, fail either or both of those conditions and the flyaway cover is deemed invalid.

I do not know if the same thing applies to a care refresh claim.
6-24 10:28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there,

Regards to your concern about DJI Care Refresh, you can refer to the FAQ in the link below and there is also a Terms of Service PDF for your reference.
Our technician's team will run a proper evaluation of your DJI product before coming out with an assessment result. Upon the result of the assessment, it will be decided if it has to be self-paid, covered under Warranty or DJI care refresh.

Link: https://www.dji.com/support/service/djicare-refresh/faq

I hope this information has helped to clarify your inquiries. If you have any other questions, kindly let us know. Thank You!
6-25 21:53
Use props
travelmate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 598100 ft
Bulgaria

In short if you are sure it's a pilot mistake, pay the fee and get a new drone fast,(crashed mine in a wall 200% pilot idiot, paid the fee and have the new one in less than a week) if you in doubt of hardware failure let the DJI team asses the situation, possible free replacement
6-25 22:01
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules