Best place to buy DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ v3.0
4273 19 2014-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dog2
New

United States

The newest bestest one.

I will take the camera off while I'm learning to fly.

I'm looking at B&H they have a pretty good deal it looks like.

I'm thinking that warranty and support might be better buying from B&H than even direct because of their volume.

DJI wanting to keep B&H happy.

I'm 70 years old and plan on being very cautious and staying that way always.

No mistakes.

I don't want to learn on a cheap harder to handle one.

I want to make sure I get the v3.0 and not just the update firmware.

Can I easily tell the difference.

I also want the best deal possible as far as purchase price.

It looks to me like B&H has the best deal right now.

$1299 with extra battery and 2X extra props $149 value

No tax.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2014-12-12
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Simplest solution would just seem to be calling B&H and ask them if it will be a V3.  Their phone number is on the webpage masthead 800.716.2999 / 212.560.3238  I've heard good things about B&H customer service so that is always a plus.

Even if you get the V3 it may still require a software/firmware update but that is easily done with the Vision Assistant software.

A few additional purchase recommendations:
  - A set of prop guards
  - A class 10 micro SD memory card, the maximum size Phantom will take is 32 Gb (it comes with a cheap 4 Gb class 4 card)
  - A nano or Hubsam micro quadcopter.  If you've never flown a quad before there is a steep learning curve.  The micro quads handle a lot like the Phantoms, you can fly it indoors, and if you crash it beyond repair you're only out $50-60 bucks and NOT the $1300 that a Phantom costs.  Be sure and get extra batteries since the flight time is very sort.  You'll also pick up some "muscle memory" flying the mini that will translate into better control when flying the Phantom.
  - Oh, and if you have grandkids you definitely want to let them play with the mini quad and NOT the Phantom
2014-12-12
Use props
ciprianboboc
lvl.2

United States

Here's a few links to v3.0 version:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/pr ... _2_vision_v2_0.html
http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phanto ... phantom+2+vision%2B
https://store.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus#/overview (this one doesn't say v3 by itself but it shows a picture to the new remote)
2014-12-13
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I have heard there are problems with the V3's in that the Electronic Speed Controllers are burning out.  I don't know if its a wide spread thing or just a few incidences.
2014-12-13
Use props
gil
lvl.4
United States

umpa -- First I've heard about ESC's burning out and kinda off topic.  The question was about the Best place to buy DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ v3.0.  Is this from your first hand experience or "I heard it from a guy who knows somebody..."?  Sheesh, why propagate a rumor when the most accurate part of that statement is "I don't know".  I have a P2V+ v3 purchased directly from DJI on the first day they put them on their website and haven't had any problems.  

But I will attempt to make your comment relevant to the question anyway.  Presuming the ESC does burn out then the best place to buy a Phantom would be where they have excellent customer service.  As I already mentioned I have read several posts here on the forum where B&H have provided just that.  I have yet to buy anything from B&H but based on the aforementioned positive comments I have created an account and have about 14 items sitting in a wish list -- waiting for my impulse control to get the better of me.  

Dog2 -- just to provide some balance to all the horror stories you will probably read about DJI customer service I also have a P2V+ v2 that I sent in for repair after a catastrophic crash and it was replaced with a refurbished Phantom in less than 4 weeks.

my_quad_sQUADron.gif
2014-12-13
Use props
k9quarz
lvl.1

United States

Ebay worked great. No shipping and no tax but it comes from Hong Kong. Got it within two weeks and everything I ordered.
2014-12-13
Use props
johnkilcline
lvl.3

Portugal

All depends where in the world you live?

As you didn't tell us that, cannot offer good advice, sorry!
2014-12-13
Use props
Paras
lvl.2

Spain

umpa Posted at 2014-12-13 16:07
I have heard there are problems with the V3's in that the Electronic Speed Controllers are burning o ...

One question: Has flight time decreased in v3 vs the original due to the change in motors (more powerful) and rotors?

Thanks
2014-12-13
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

Paras Posted at 2014-12-13 20:40
One question: Has flight time decreased in v3 vs the original due to the change in motors (more po ...

Think about what you just asked.  You have more powerful motors requiring more power from the batteries.  You have 2 options, 1, either accept shorter flight times or 2, get a bigger battery.  To date, DJI has only the 5200 MAH battery in production.
2014-12-13
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Gil:

umpa -- First I've heard about ESC's burning out and kinda off topic.  The question was about the Best place to buy DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ v3.0.  Is this from your first hand experience or "I heard it from a guy who knows somebody..."?  Sheesh, why propagate a rumor when the most accurate part of that statement is "I don't know".  I have a P2V+ v3 purchased directly from DJI on the first day they put them on their website and haven't had any problems.  

It was on this board I think,  I'll see if I can find it again - but no I don't know anyone personally, but the thread was talking about the MOSFET on the ESC burning out.  Anyone wanting to know about after hearing about it would google it anyway.  Its obviously hit a nerve with you - not sure why as you have only been flying since February so your hardly an expert your self.
It was a simple heads up thats all - no big deal and did not warrent a comment.

Heres one thread read it all.... it mentions the problem on V3 - just sayin!
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2908

2014-12-13
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

gil@wk.net Posted at 2014-12-13 16:47
umpa -- First I've heard about ESC's burning out and kinda off topic.  The question was about the Be ...

That's an impressive squadron you have there - from the fully protect to your pink period.
2014-12-13
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

I got mine direct from DJI one week after ordering it, shipped cross country (US).  Same price B&H offered.  After reading many posts, I think  I would buy from a local hobby shop if I had to do it over again, so I could just bring it back there if I ran into problems.  A shop that knows these things and has good customer support.  I think I am going to get a nano or husam to practice with.

BTW, there is a thread about removing camera to train with Phantom.  Consensus seems to be DON'T do that.
2014-12-13
Use props
bhoglundwasabi
lvl.1

United States

Keep the camera mounted and buy a gimbal guard. Gimbalguard.com
2014-12-13
Use props
skymaker6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49009 ft
United States

k9quarz@comcast Posted at 2014-12-13 18:11
Ebay worked great. No shipping and no tax but it comes from Hong Kong. Got it within two weeks and e ...

That is great to hear.
2014-12-13
Use props
skymaker6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49009 ft
United States

The main thing is make sure you have all of the updates. Take your time and do the compass dance, then wait for 7 or more sat. before thinking about taking off.

Read the training book that came with your Phantom, 2 or more times.

This YouTube video below, I think it's a good one with a lot of information.

Also, may want to think about getting insurance from Square Trade: http://www.squaretrade.com/

It's not a bad deal for 3 years
2014-12-13
Use props
Dog2
New

United States

Interesting responses and most appreciated. Thanks

I live in Minnesota USA

If Square Trade really does take these then yes, it would be a good choice but I'm doubtful of that.

It sounds like the Chinese have some lessons to learn about marketing.

They have me holding back for one and there are probably thousands of us globally concerned and warranties and support issues.

They need to charge more for their units and provide great service.

I do know that they are a fantastic machine for the money and that there are many variables to operating these things and lots of problems and with lots trouble easily occurring.

Charge another hundred or hundred and fifty dollars and double their sales and they can provide great service.
2014-12-13
Use props
thomaskim558
lvl.3
Flight distance : 865177 ft
South Korea

Amazon? I guess
2014-12-13
Use props
Dog2
New

United States

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2. ... rsh-drones.cnn.html
Square Trade does not cover these things.
2014-12-13
Use props
gil
lvl.4
United States

talk2t_c Posted at 2014-12-13 21:33
That's an impressive squadron you have there - from the fully protect to your pink period.

Pink period? HA-HAAA!  

I blame it on the repair people at DJI in Torrance, CA and there attention to detail.  I crashed the first P2V+ and before I sent it for repair I slapped some pink stickers on it because I had couldn't find the other ones.  Wouldn't you know the refurbished replacement came back pink!  And I just left it so I could tell them apart.  Since I had one of the new remotes with the gimbal wheel I linked both Phantoms to the same remote.  Then I also had to put some pink stickers on the Range Extender as well so I could tell which one went with each Phantom.  I might decide to slap one of those colorful "skins" on as an alternative but gee, I haven't been able to find one in plaid...
2014-12-13
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Gotta be careful with some of these 'square trade' insurance type things, they usually won't cover things like our quads, but will gladly sell you their policy, lol.
2014-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules