Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI OSmo Action 5 Pro and Basic coming at ya
913 37 6-26 08:57
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Rumors have it and spreading  like wild flower  copying Insta 360 wit ha two model   1 inch sensor    all I care to spread
6-26 08:57
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1180089 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Would be great if they have 2 different models, but I think one pro version will be the one everyone want
6-26 12:11
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

yes I 1 million percent agree so I hope these Rumors stop fast in their tracks just gets old  too
6-26 12:29
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 6-26 12:11
Would be great if they have 2 different models, but I think one pro version will be the one everyone want

That’s a great idea. A bit like the Ace and Ace Pro.

I think the sound with the DJI Mic 2 is a real puller and is much better than the Ace Pro sound from the same mic. In fact, the Mic 2 sounds quite mediocre from the Ace but brilliant on the Action.

The other puller of course is the 10 bit. But I wonder whether Ace Pro will produce another one. TBH, I don’t often need to tweak colour that much to be overly worried by 10 or 8 bit but Ace Pro could do with a flatter profile than the one that they call flat. Probably because it’s 8 bit, it doesn’t go as flat as as the Action.

I like the Ace Pro a lot and find it very difficult to choose between them because they each have different things. The two times zoom on the Ace with no quality loss is brilliant since it uses 8K to produce 4K. You wouldn't know it was zoomed looking at the picture.

A few tweaks to the Action and they’ll have a real equivalent plus 10 bit though.

Zoom lens.
Flip screen.
1 inch sensor might work ..... (close focus)
Hand gestures to start/stop
Someone on here mentioned something that was knocked down by someone else, but I thought it a nice idea..... some kind of click preset on the lens for close and distance focus.

Then there are the fancy bits on the Ace like being able to delete recordings on the fly. (When you are shooting and decide it doesn't work) and the ability to add to a previously made recording. That's useful to get all the b roll type stuff in one file for each section.

6-26 22:37
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI will take the OP3 stick in to the OA4 body and done, no need to redo the camera in a 1in.
6-27 03:07
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 6-26 22:37
That’s a great idea. A bit like the Ace and Ace Pro.

I think the sound with the DJI Mic 2 is a real puller and is much better than the Ace Pro sound from the same mic. In fact, the Mic 2 sounds quite mediocre from the Ace but brilliant on the Action.

I do like the Ace Pro, but didn't bother to buy it but for the specs etc. it seems really great.
But audio desync is a big problem, and I actually watched a motovlogger that went driving to Iceland and audio were so many times out of sync. I even had warned her about that before she went, but 6K+ subs people ignore us low counters
6-27 06:48
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Fishycomics Posted at 6-27 03:07
DJI will take the OP3 stick in to the OA4 body and done, no need to redo the camera in a 1in.

That would be the easiest and also would be actually great.
6-27 06:48
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 6-27 06:48
I do like the Ace Pro, but didn't bother to buy it but for the specs etc. it seems really great.
But audio desync is a big problem, and I actually watched a motovlogger that went driving to Iceland and audio were so many times out of sync. I even had warned her about that before she went, but 6K+ subs people ignore us low counters

Yes, I got that sync problem once. I was using Pure Video mode and I wondered whether that was why. Not had it since.

I’m really torn. I’m off to the Florida Keys soon, and can’t decide whether to take the Action or Ace. The spec thing isn’t really that noticeable but the colours that I get in bright sun are stunning. Just taking hand luggage so one camera. Buy gear out there because it's so hot, don't need much.

Got my cowboy hat Fish!!! Going to Bass Pro in Islamorada when I get there though as well. It’s up the road from me.
6-27 08:32
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Iancraig10 Posted at 6-27 08:32
Yes, I got that sync problem once. I was using Pure Video mode and I wondered whether that was why. Not had it since.

I’m really torn. I’m off to the Florida Keys soon, and can’t decide whether to take the Action or Ace. The spec thing isn’t really that noticeable but the colours that I get in bright sun are stunning. Just taking hand luggage so one camera. Buy gear out there because it's so hot, don't need much.

ENjoy the weather, we just had a heat wave this week again and  Do not worry what camera, take both they do not take up much room. wear on the belt one, the other with you,  hand one to your other if asked.    Less is better
6-27 10:07
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 6-27 08:32
Yes, I got that sync problem once. I was using Pure Video mode and I wondered whether that was why. Not had it since.

I’m really torn. I’m off to the Florida Keys soon, and can’t decide whether to take the Action or Ace. The spec thing isn’t really that noticeable but the colours that I get in bright sun are stunning. Just taking hand luggage so one camera. Buy gear out there because it's so hot, don't need much.

Enjoy your holiday there, and hope you will post videos from that trip after for us to see.

Bring the camera you think will survive the heat, crocs, and sharks
6-27 10:34
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 6-27 10:34
Enjoy your holiday there, and hope you will post videos from that trip after for us to see.

Bring the camera you think will survive the heat, crocs, and sharks

Wrong side for Crocs Lol aligators but you never know where they lie
6-27 12:05
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Fishycomics Posted at 6-27 12:05
Wrong side for Crocs Lol aligators but you never know where they lie

Ah you are right, I was actually thinking about gators, but crocs was the first that popped in my head lol
Just seen a lot of videos from Florida, they have so many gators around properties close to their habitats (ponds).
6-27 12:33
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks you two! Not long before we go. Couple weeks or so. Alligators everywhere. Been a few times before and worked up in Orlando years ago. The two most stupid things I did in Florida….

1) diving on the reef and a barracuda (a big bugger too) kept circling me. It followed me all the way back to the boat going round and round. It turns out that I had forgotten to take off a gold chain and the barracuda was hunting me!,
2) Went to Lake Okeechobee up north Florida. Wandered into long grass ….. met an alligator.

We’re flying to Miami and driving down to Tavernier.
6-27 12:39
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 6-27 12:39
Thanks you two! Not long before we go. Couple weeks or so. Alligators everywhere. Been a few times before and worked up in Orlando years ago. The two most stupid things I did in Florida….

1) diving on the reef and a barracuda (a big bugger too) kept circling me. It followed me all the way back to the boat going round and round. It turns out that I had forgotten to take off a gold chain and the barracuda was hunting me!,

Wow, then you know what dangerous creatures you can face there.

So no Norway this summer? You would love warm summer nights with midnight sun here in the north, having a scotch by the quiet ocean.
6-27 13:53
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

here is one vid

6-27 14:56
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

this is the one I was looking for

6-27 14:58
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 6-27 13:53
Wow, then you know what dangerous creatures you can face there.

So no Norway this summer? You would love warm summer nights with midnight sun here in the north, having a scotch by the quiet ocean.

I must admit, I do fancy Norway. I did work for the Icelandic Orchestra for a short while but I need my vitamin D ….. where was the sun? Mikes away on the edge of the earth! No…. Actually I found winter SO bleak and dark I came back to UK …….

And I hated fermented shark!!! I was tricked.
6-28 02:55
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 6-27 14:58
this is the one I was looking for

When I nearly trod on one, I was walking over to an angler. He was using dead bait for bass and I think it was attracting them.

That’s the problem …. They’re dead still, and you don’t see them. They look small in the water when you see just a head poking up.

That’s one reason I want to take the Ace Pro. The two times lossless zoom to get close to wildlife without getting eaten!
6-28 03:10
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

why I love my Sony HX90V 30X optical zoom.

I totally hear ya, 3 feet  they can  getcha
6-28 03:15
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 6-28 03:15
why I love my Sony HX90V 30X optical zoom.

I totally hear ya, 3 feet  they can  getcha

Too right. When I stayed in Orlando a kid was snatched by one!
6-28 03:26
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Iancraig10 Posted at 6-28 03:26
Too right. When I stayed in Orlando a kid was snatched by one!

Yep that made new nation wide , they were to drain the   lake, ever since they were to place signs up.

Screenshot 2024-06-28 073103.png
6-28 03:30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there,

DJI has not announced any news about DJI Osmo Action 5 at the moment.  For any latest update, you can check at the DJI Official Website or DJI Forum.

I hope this information has helped to clarify your inquiries. If you have any other questions, kindly let us know. Thank You!
6-28 03:40
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That was it, Fish. Terrible.
6-28 03:41
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-28 03:40
Hi there,

DJI has not announced any news about DJI Osmo Action 5 at the moment.  For any latest update, you can check at the DJI Official Website or DJI Forum.

TBH, the 4 is a great camera. I don’t feel the need to upgrade it really. DJI did a fantastic job with it.
6-28 03:44
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Iancraig10 Posted at 6-28 03:44
TBH, the 4 is a great camera. I don’t feel the need to upgrade it really. DJI did a fantastic job with it.

Hi there, we greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Do not hesitate to contact us if there's additional inquiry.

Keep us posted. Thank you for your valued support!
6-28 03:51
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-28 03:40
Hi there,

Could you shar to us DJI natalia how you like your camera?
6-28 03:56
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 6-28 02:55
I must admit, I do fancy Norway. I did work for the Icelandic Orchestra for a short while but I need my vitamin D ….. where was the sun? Mikes away on the edge of the earth! No…. Actually I found winter SO bleak and dark I came back to UK …….

And I hated fermented shark!!! I was tricked.

But in the summer it is never dark and sun 24/7 here in northern part of Norway, so yo will get all vitamins D you ever will need hehe
Iceland have some different dishes, and some I would also hate like rotten fish etc.
6-28 06:13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Fishycomics Posted at 6-28 03:56
Could you shar to us DJI natalia how you like your camera?

Hello there,

There is currently no specified details for the Osmo Action 5. We understand your needs very well, Please pay attention to our official store, and you will be notified promptly if new products or new accessories are released in the future.

Thank you.
6-28 09:52
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-28 09:52
Hello there,

There is currently no specified details for the aircraft. We understand your needs very well, Please pay attention to our official store, and you will be notified promptly if new products or new accessories are released in the future.

Is this a robot response? AI? I'm not sure you really understand from that response.
6-28 10:01
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-28 09:52
Hello there,

There is currently no specified details for the aircraft. We understand your needs very well, Please pay attention to our official store, and you will be notified promptly if new products or new accessories are released in the future.

DJI Natalia  you  crashed landed with no parachute, you need to survive by telling us if you use a Camera.
6-28 10:23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Iancraig10 Posted at 6-28 10:01
Is this a robot response? AI? I'm not sure you really understand from that response.

Hi there, we apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your feedback. To avoid any misunderstanding, we have made corrections to the previous reply. Thank you for your understanding and tolerance.
6-28 10:47
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Fishycomics Posted at 6-28 10:23
DJI Natalia  you  crashed landed with no parachute, you need to survive by telling us if you use a Camera.

Hi there,

At the moment I don't have any specific preferences.
Thank you.
6-28 10:48
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-28 10:48
Hi there,

At the moment I don't have any specific preferences.

sorry  there is deffently a game being played when a simple question asked .
6-28 11:41
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 6-28 11:41
sorry  there is deffently a game being played when a simple question asked .

Not being native English speaking must be difficult on a camera tech forum. It's bad enough sometimes if you DO speak English on here!

I would have laughed if the answer ‘Ace Pro’ came back…..
6-28 23:49
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 6-28 23:49
Not being native English speaking must be difficult on a camera tech forum. It's bad enough sometimes if you DO speak English on here!

Not hard for me since I mostly only understand camera tech in english and not in my native language, and I also struggle to explains those words to other Norwegians.

Just had to mention this hehe
6-29 02:28
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Iancraig10 Posted at 6-28 23:49
Not being native English speaking must be difficult on a camera tech forum. It's bad enough sometimes if you DO speak English on here!

site here does not understand
6-29 03:07
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 6-29 02:28
Not hard for me since I mostly only understand camera tech in english and not in my native language, and I also struggle to explains those words to other Norwegians.

Just had to mention this hehe

Your English understanding is excellent.
6-29 03:41
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 6-29 03:41
Your English understanding is excellent.

Thanks, a bit simple english is what I tend to write tho
6-29 09:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules