Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Store to Purchase Avata 2 Accessories
123Next >
802 102 6-26 11:47
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 15018822 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

New DJI store opening on Regent Steet, London this Saturday 29 June... Will finally be able to buy directly from the manufacturer in person! Nice!

6-26 11:47
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

6-26 11:47
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

if only they would build one where i live........
6-26 14:34
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Potato mini Posted at 6-26 14:34
if only they would build one where i live........

I guess thats in the hands of your senate now.
6-26 14:41
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 6260171 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

Not sure how it works in your country but you can never get away with not paying the sales tax if you walk inside a story.  At this point, I see zero benefit given the prices are always cheaper online and delivery is just a few days away and for place like amazon, could be overnight.  Good that you have resources nearby but I have no desire to browse DJI drones and equipment, I have a hard enough time not buying just from seeing images and videos.  ;)
6-26 18:32
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 6-26 18:32
Not sure how it works in your country but you can never get away with not paying the sales tax if you walk inside a story.  At this point, I see zero benefit given the prices are always cheaper online and delivery is just a few days away and for place like amazon, could be overnight.  Good that you have resources nearby but I have no desire to browse DJI drones and equipment, I have a hard enough time not buying just from seeing images and videos.  ;)

We pay VAT on every brand new purchase - we don’t do state taxes so the amount is fixed across the entire country whether purchased on line or in store on all new products.
The ability to walk into a shop and build a relationship on first name terms with a representative is something we have sadly lost and I personally think that it is great that we have that here now.
This is in fact one of three stores DJI are opening across the UK. They also offer in store discounts and I bought my DJI ND filters here when they were out of stock everywhere else, including Amazon.
Of course, it also highlights that the UK government do not believe DJI to be a security risk doesn’t it…
6-26 21:24
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14915856 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

The Saint Posted at 6-26 18:32
Not sure how it works in your country but you can never get away with not paying the sales tax if you walk inside a story.  At this point, I see zero benefit given the prices are always cheaper online and delivery is just a few days away and for place like amazon, could be overnight.  Good that you have resources nearby but I have no desire to browse DJI drones and equipment, I have a hard enough time not buying just from seeing images and videos.  ;)

Sometimes you need a battery or a filter RIGHT NOW. I hade a DJI store 150 yards from my place where I lived before. Good stock, knowledgeable staff, service department and a nice place to hang around. They also hade a cage where you could fly and test stuff.
6-26 22:06
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Swedrone Posted at 6-26 22:06
Sometimes you need a battery or a filter RIGHT NOW. I hade a DJI store 150 yards from my place where I lived before. Good stock, knowledgeable staff, service department and a nice place to hang around. They also hade a cage where you could fly and test stuff.

Exactly - I'm lucky that Regent Street is a 20 minute tube from my house (home to Europe's first Apple store). No more waiting for deliveries not to show up or have items missing, no more emails when things go wrong, no more dealing with third parties who can't even spell drone and everything you stated on top. It's a positive thing - can't see why people would even consider to be against the idea of a nearby DJI retail store.
6-26 23:27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brilliant,  it's about time they did this.
6-27 01:55
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is already one in Birmingham that’s been shipping to me but it will be cool to walk in to a store when in town! I’ve been invited to attend an early opening but can’t make it!
6-27 01:58
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's going to make it very convenient for you AJ.  
6-27 05:00
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14915856 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 6-27 01:55
Brilliant,  it's about time they did this.

Perfect when you wake up all sweaty in the middle of the night and realise you chopped of you propeller ducts and need a new frame RIGHT AWAY
6-27 05:53
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is nice.
Can you also use your store credits there?
6-27 06:07
Use props
OldGuy2024
lvl.3
Flight distance : 632428 ft
United States

Store Envy.  Life up here in the middle of nowhere has one major negative. Minimal retail and services. Just the basics. Even then... Patience.

Plus outweigh that negative. Influx of people since the Pandemic. Why the closest local town's median income increased by over 50% along with+50% housing sale prices. From below median state income and housing costs to above in less than 12 months. Still sparsely populated even with the 1st and 2nd wave of "immigrants". Then the newbies complain about needing to drive 80km round trip to purchase a refrigerator. Which then probably needs to be ordered.  Life.

Without online shopping my house would be less cluttered. Pay state sales tax on almost all online orders.  Amazon, Was-mart, Etsy, Mom and Pop retailers.... Only tax not collected is a local 1% sales tax (aka the tourist tax).
6-27 07:42
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 6-27 06:07
That is nice.
Can you also use your store credits there?

Not from the on line store but they use the same system - 1% back etc. I'll ask DJI if they accept DJI credit when I visit lol
6-27 08:23
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-27 05:00
That's going to make it very convenient for you AJ.

I think so Rich - I wanted a DJI store in London back I started flying and now here we are.
6-27 08:24
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Swedrone Posted at 6-27 05:53
Perfect when you wake up all sweaty in the middle of the night and realise you chopped of you propeller ducts and need a new frame RIGHT AWAY

I can't believe some people actually did that. Nice to have that much cash to burn lol
6-27 08:25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OldGuy2024 Posted at 6-27 07:42
Store Envy.  Life up here in the middle of nowhere has one major negative. Minimal retail and services. Just the basics. Even then... Patience.

Plus outweigh that negative. Influx of people since the Pandemic. Why the closest local town's median income increased by over 50% along with+50% housing sale prices. From below median state income and housing costs to above in less than 12 months. Still sparsely populated even with the 1st and 2nd wave of "immigrants". Then the newbies complain about needing to drive 80km round trip to purchase a refrigerator. Which then probably needs to be ordered.  Life.

The high streets outside central London have been hit so badly with on line services that many stores simply shut down. It has really impacted local communities - we are missing a trick somewhere. So it is nice to see walk in shops pop up like this - especially one of my favourite brands
6-27 08:28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Swedrone Posted at 6-27 05:53

Sadly DJI dont sell the frame separately like they did on the Avata 1.  
6-27 22:35
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

A J Posted at 6-27 08:23
Not from the on line store but they use the same system - 1% back etc. I'll ask DJI if they accept DJI credit when I visit lol

That would make it even better
6-27 23:21
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 6-27 23:21
That would make it even better

It’s the one thing that may stop me shopping there if I can’t use my credits
6-28 00:03
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

A J Posted at 6-28 00:03
It’s the one thing that may stop me shopping there if I can’t use my credits

That would be a bit of a bummer.
6-28 00:04
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-27 22:35
Sadly DJI dont sell the frame separately like they did on the Avata 1.

That is one big downside to the A2
6-28 00:04
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 6-28 00:04
That would be a bit of a bummer.

I’m not paying 10 or £100 more for the same thing but I got £30 off my backpack there as they do offer separate discounts and sell items the on line store don’t even offer like my prop guard covers - just got to see what works out best
6-28 00:07
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

A J Posted at 6-28 00:07
I’m not paying 10 or £100 more for the same thing but I got £30 off my backpack there as they do offer separate discounts and sell items the on line store don’t even offer like my prop guard covers - just got to see what works out best

That is nice indeed.
Speaking about backpacks.
Just packed up to go to Terschelling for the weekend.
With some old time friends.
The drone can't come unfortunately. Backpack is full and it's a big natura 2000 area, so only a very small place where i can fly. So I decided to leave it at home.
6-28 00:10
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 6-28 00:10
That is nice indeed.
Speaking about backpacks.
Just packed up to go to Terschelling for the weekend.

Well have fun with your buddies mate - I’m busy this weekend too so no flying for me until next week
6-28 00:12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there,
thank you for reaching out.

We appreciate the update provided to us and the other DJI Forum users as well.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to message us for assistance. Thank you.
6-28 00:22
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-28 00:22
Hi there,
thank you for reaching out.

No problem Natalia and thank you guys for finally putting a DJI store in London!
6-28 00:27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 6-27 08:24
I think so Rich - I wanted a DJI store in London back I started flying and now here we are.

Better late than never.  We have 8 DJI Pro stores but they are not actual DJI store but large dealers that specialize in selling DJI drones. I don't even think we have an actual DJI store but I could be wrong.
6-28 09:12
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-28 09:12
Better late than never.  We have 8 DJI Pro stores but they are not actual DJI store but large dealers that specialize in selling DJI drones. I don't even think we have an actual DJI store but I could be wrong.

We have plenty of third party authorised dealers like Argos, Apple stores (not so much these days) and Heliguy - even the world famous Selfridges sell DJI drones but an actual DJI store is very rare.
6-28 09:34
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 6-28 09:34
We have plenty of third party authorised dealers like Argos, Apple stores (not so much these days) and Heliguy - even the world famous Selfridges sell DJI drones but an actual DJI store is very rare.

Well, now you can lay claim to having one and nearby also.  
6-28 09:48
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-28 09:48
Well, now you can lay claim to having one and nearby also.

We will have three in total but only one in London.
6-28 10:06
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 6-28 10:06
We will have three in total but only one in London.

I'm sure if DJI had anticipated opening their own drone store here that idea was kiboshed quickly when the talk of banning first started.  
6-28 10:13
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-28 10:13
I'm sure if DJI had anticipated opening their own drone store here that idea was kiboshed quickly when the talk of banning first started.

I doubt DJI will be investing too much in the US in light of recent events. How is that progressing now?  
6-28 10:34
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 6-28 10:34
I doubt DJI will be investing too much in the US in light of recent events. How is that progressing now?

Still sitting in various committees within the Senate.  No date schedule yet to vote on the bill.  Still could be weeks or even months.  The current NDAA is good through December 31, 2024.  
6-28 12:53
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-28 12:53
Still sitting in various committees within the Senate.  No date schedule yet to vote on the bill.  Still could be weeks or even months.  The current NDAA is good through December 31, 2024.

Will the Presidential election impact it at all? I watched the debate last night - pop corn TV
6-28 14:38
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 6-28 14:38
Will the Presidential election impact it at all? I watched the debate last night - pop corn TV

The outcome of what we are calling the circus will have no effect on the bill at all.  The debates were embarrassing for both candidates.  I gave both of them an F for performance.  One was lethargic and at times not understandable and the other one just kept repeating lies.  
6-29 03:47
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-29 03:47
The outcome of what we are calling the circus will have no effect on the bill at all.  The debates were embarrassing for both candidates.  I gave both of them an F for performance.  One was lethargic and at times not understandable and the other one just kept repeating lies.

From the outside looking in and not knowing anything about the politics in the country I would say Trump nailed Biden to the wall but it amazes me that out of >330m people in the worlds wealthiest economy these two are your only options for head of state.
6-29 04:01
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 6-29 04:01
From the outside looking in and not knowing anything about the politics in the country I would say Trump nailed Biden to the wall but it amazes me that out of >330m people in the worlds wealthiest economy these two are your only options for head of state.

There are much better candidates but money pretty much drives who the candidates will be.  
6-29 04:37
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-29 04:37
There are much better candidates but money pretty much drives who the candidates will be.

Looks like the ‘money’ is pulling away from Biden.
6-29 07:30
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules