Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lightbridge "Dual Video Support"
4268 5 2014-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mark
lvl.2

United States

The standalone Lightbridge system allows for "dual video input" where it can simultaneously send both the gimbal video (to the camera operator) and a fixed FPV (to the pilot).
According to the DJI website, the Inspire comes with "all new and improved version of DJI's Lightbridge technology which can transmit video from up to 2km away." It also specifically says "Lightbridge Technology Built In." Not "a stripped down version of Lightbridge," but a "new and improved version of DJI's Lightbridge."

Now, I know there is no dedicated FPV camera included with the Inspire 1, but has anyone looked inside to confirm that it's truly on par with the older Lightbridge with a second video input? Or, has this been specifically ruled out? It seems to me adding a low-cost, lightweight dedicated FPV camera (e.g. a 600TVL @ 15 grams) would be a great option when using dual operators. It would be a shame to have to strap on a completely new FPV system when the current Lightbridge already can support Dual Video.

If there is no "dual video input," I think DJI needs to clarify that it's not using an "new and improved version" of Lightbrige but "Lightbridge Lite." Because, as the marketing material stands, it's implied that it has "Lightbridge," which (in current standalone form) supports TWO video inputs. Dual video is not a trivial feature of Lightbridge, but literally the #3 selling point of Lightbridge technology on the official site.

Does anyone have any insight on this? I'm assuming the fact an "optional FPV camera" has never been mentioned means the feature was removed, but I was hoping someone might have heard otherwise. And, if it's not included, has anyone thought about the realistic possibility of an aftermarket system for a fixed pilot FPV camera?

2014-12-13
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is no support for an FPV camera.  The "dual video" support is for output to your device via usb and to HDMI at the same time.  The inspire Tx is not compatible with the Lightbridge.
2014-12-13
Use props
mark
lvl.2

United States

Thanks Ed. I understand the dual video outputs and incompatibility with existing Lightbridge units.

I was just hoping for feature parity (even without compatability) with the current Lightbridge at this price point. How is it improved? Range and/or adding camera controls to the data channel? Something like that?
2014-12-13
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

mark@22digital. Posted at 2014-12-14 00:30
Thanks Ed. I understand the dual video outputs and incompatibility with existing Lightbridge units.  ...

The Inspire has 4 antennas vs the Lightbridge's 2.  Currently the Inspire will only output HDMI at 720p while the Lightbridge will output at 1080i.  Inspire has the Lightbridge technology built in and integrated into the entire system including GPS in the Tx.  
2014-12-13
Use props
drone-man
lvl.2
Flight distance : 193212 ft
France

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-12-14 06:08
The Inspire has 4 antennas vs the Lightbridge's 2.  Currently the Inspire will only output HDMI at ...

hi, what a shame that there's no way to use Lightbridge receiver with Inspire.......1300$ and 3000$ -> 4300$ and no way to may it run together.........INCREDIBLE !!!!
2014-12-14
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

drone-man Posted at 2014-12-15 04:00
hi, what a shame that there's no way to use Lightbridge receiver with Inspire.......1300$ and 3000 ...

All you need is a second Tx acting as a slave.  $600 is less than the Lightbridge Ground Unit and you can have dual operator if you want.
2014-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules