Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Assist App won't work under iOS 9
12Next >
3083 48 2015-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
daniel
New
Germany

Hello,

yesterday i upgraded my iPhone to iOS 9 and today i noticed that the "DJI Assist App" crash when it try to login @DJI

Please update the App asap to that it can be used. Thanks
2015-9-17
Use props
Cata
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1045220 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Same issue here
2015-9-17
Use props
chris
lvl.1
Canada

same issue here...any idea when it will be fixed??
2015-9-17
Use props
DJI-Darryl
lvl.2

United States

I also can confirm the Assistant app does not work!!!

Please fix this ASAP!
2015-9-17
Use props
DJI-Darryl
lvl.2

United States

I'm going to re-post this every day until we hear from DJI,
Please fix this ASAP!
2015-9-17
Use props
DJI-Darryl
lvl.2

United States

BUMP FOR FIX!
2015-9-17
Use props
mani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2233904 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Same here, DJI Assistant does not work after iOS upgrade.
Anyone knows when it will be the app available again ?
2015-9-17
Use props
pboniecki.gmail
New

Poland

Please fix this ASAP
2015-9-17
Use props
johnmont250
lvl.3

United States

not working here also. please dji fix this asap.
2015-9-18
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the same problem as well discovered it this afternoon
2015-9-18
Use props
George Mihaly
lvl.2

United States

I too am experiencing the same problem and am now going through a process to revert back to iOS 8.4 from iOS9. I'll report back...fingers crossed : ) -G

I'm following these instructions:
http://osxdaily.com/2015/09/16/downgrade-ios-9-back-to-ios-8-4-1/
&
http://osxdaily.com/2015/08/13/ios-8-4-1-update-ipsw-download/
2015-9-18
Use props
johnmont250
lvl.3

United States

hey dji, we need to use these things, can you please help us, hello, is thing on........????????

guess ill carry my laptop around again............
2015-9-18
Use props
johnmont250
lvl.3

United States

George Mihaly Posted at 2015-9-18 14:45
I too am experiencing the same problem and am now going through a process to revert back to iOS 8.4  ...

any luck????
2015-9-18
Use props
George Mihaly
lvl.2

United States

Yes! I just got it to work. I have an iPhone 5S. Listed below are the steps I took to downgrade from iOS 9.0 back to iOS 8.4.

**DISCLAIMER** You will need a recent backup of your device in order to restore your contacts/apps. I am not an iOS expert and advise you to proceed at your own risk. This process worked for me, but I can't verify it will work for you.

1. Download the .ipsw firmware from this website >> https://ipsw.me/8.4.1 (make sure you find corresponding firmware for your device)
2. Disable "Find My iPhone" through Settings >> iCloud
3. Hold the home button down, plug-in the iPhone into the computer, then hold Alt/Option as you select the "Restore" option (holding Alt/Option will allow you to select your downloaded .ipsw file instead of automatically restoring the iOS 9 firmware)
4. After you install the iOS 8.4.1 firmware using your .ipsw file, restore your device using a backup (this will bring back your apps and contacts that were on your device during that backup)
5. Enjoy the fully function DJI Assistant App
These steps were what I did using the directions from this site >> http://osxdaily.com/2015/09/16/downgrade-ios-9-back-to-ios-8-4-1/

Best -George
2015-9-18
Use props
DJI-Darryl
lvl.2

United States

Thanks George, but this does not work for me since Windows 10 I can not connect my iPhone
2015-9-19
Use props
DJI-Darryl
lvl.2

United States

Dji please fix this
2015-9-19
Use props
DJI-Darryl
lvl.2

United States

DJI please respond and fix this!!!
2015-9-19
Use props
DJI-Darryl
lvl.2

United States

Get this fixed please
2015-9-19
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Dear Customer,

We got the issue you have, I will take the info feedback to R&D department, any news, please keep an eye on our DJI official website.

Best Regards!
DJI-Cathy
2015-9-19
Use props
mani
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Can you tell us an estimated date for the release of the new updated DJI Assistant app ? Right now I can only connect my Ronin -M with my Mac, and it's completely unproductive.
2015-9-21
Use props
DJI-Darryl
lvl.2

United States

mani Posted at 2015-9-21 11:05
Can you tell us an estimated date for the release of the new updated DJI Assistant app ? Right now I ...

Please see my post here

http://forum.dji.com/thread-31843-1-1.html
2015-9-21
Use props
classicalle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

mani Posted at 2015-9-21 14:05
Can you tell us an estimated date for the release of the new updated DJI Assistant app ? Right now I ...

Hi mani, did you upgrade to Ronin-M's latest firmware? I'm getting my Ronin-M today, and I'm kind of afraid to upgradte to the latest firmware.... and since the assistant app doesn't work on iOS9, I'll be connecting to my mac as well.
2015-9-22
Use props
alexcsmall
New

United Kingdom

Any word from DJI when we can expect a solution to this?
Not being able to trim the rig is problematic to say the least.

2015-9-22
Use props
fabriceviguier
New

France

same problem... ios9 is not inlove with dji assistant, PLEASE HELP.
2015-9-22
Use props
fabriceviguier
New

France

George Mihaly Posted at 2015-9-19 05:12
Yes! I just got it to work. I have an iPhone 5S. Listed below are the steps I took to downgrade fro ...

probably the best solution for the moment...
2015-9-22
Use props
mani
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

classicalle@gma Posted at 2015-9-22 15:41
Hi mani, did you upgrade to Ronin-M's latest firmware? I'm getting my Ronin-M today, and I'm kind  ...

I had no problem with the latest firmware, everything worked fine. The only problem is that the DJI Assistant app does not work.
However, you can use the DJI app for MAC or Windows, until the mobile app will be fixed.
2015-9-23
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

Seriously DJI you really dropped the ball on this one.. What kind of company don't test their software on a new OS !?! I now have to downgrade my devices just to calibrate the Ronin-M.. i'm having client shoot this weekend as well as a 3-day shoot next week...

2015-9-23
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

mani Posted at 2015-9-22 02:05

It is coming soon, please wait patiently
2015-9-23
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

paullindqvist Posted at 2015-9-24 05:26
Seriously DJI you really dropped the ball on this one.. What kind of company don't test their softwa ...

Hi, Paul,

except the Iphone, you can also use Android phone or PC for a temporary solution, we are working on the issue, please wait
2015-9-23
Use props
George Mihaly
lvl.2

United States

fabriceviguier@ Posted at 2015-9-22 12:23
probably the best solution for the moment...

It saved me on the shoot I had this past Monday. However, I have to constantly remind myself not to update to the newest iOS — I wish there was a way to turn off that little red update notification on my phone! Happy shooting -George
2015-9-23
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-9-24 03:34
Hi, Paul,

except the Iphone, you can also use Android phone or PC for a temporary solution, we ar ...

Android crap phones isn't an option, always bringing a laptop to the shoot isn't either. I know way's to get it done. My point is we shouldn't have to do workarounds in the first place!
2015-9-23
Use props
dansouliere
lvl.2
Canada

I agree.

It would be nice to see some effort or progress. All we keep getting is useless replies like "be patient".

iOS9 was released Sept 16th!!!!
2015-9-24
Use props
es.5cuerdas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10804 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

We must be patient? Im with Android tablet for the moment. Wait news from DJI!
2015-9-24
Use props
dan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 198753 ft
United Kingdom

when you say "it is coming soon" would I be right in thinking that by next week we will have fix ?
2015-9-25
Use props
daniel
New
Germany

actually, i use a ipad mini with ios 8.x to calibrate the ronin & control my GH4 via App  and as a control monitor
2015-9-28
Use props
thwarrenh
New

United States

DJI, its been 2 weeks, this is unacceptable. Your developers have the toolkit like every other apple app developer out there, and you chose to be reactive, not proactive about a product that you're trying to mass market as a professional tool? Why was the app not ready upon release of your main platform for operation? Why have you waited two weeks with little to no information in regards to when we can expect this to be an option for us? If you do not want to be viewed as a producer of cheap Chinese wares, then start operating like a reputable manufacturer and provide your consumers with some information.

You've lost my business. I am returning my Ronin today, recommending my vendors discontinue carrying your products (due to other issues we've had with delays in your shipments, lack of customer service and support, lack of clarity, etc).

I will no longer advocate for your company as a trustworthy and worth while investment. You've left us out to dry. You've cost me money, and left me open to have to speculate as to how much more you are going to cost me.

We actually sold our Defy to carry your product, within a matter of days of purchasing it your app falls to an incompatible category, and now we are stuck with a device we cannot practically use in any shooting environment that requires agility and mobility, one of the sole reasons we purchased your product.

Every time we encounter an issue with your company, we get the staple 'we're working on it' response.

Should we expect to wait until after the Chinese new year due to it being right around the corner? Some of us who rely on these products to make money would like to at the very minimum communicate with our clients our needs in regards to operating under your schedule. Should I rent another stabilizer? Should I push back my shoot? Should I accept the fact this is going to incur extra costs for me as well as put our production schedule in jeopardy?

What answers do you have? Do you have any idea when a release will be available? Do you have alternate solutions that do not involve buying another platform such as an Android or hauling around a computer on the coast of Oregon?

You are not a professional contender. We wondered why this product was so inexpensive, guess we found out.

Moving on from your products and the facade of being a real competitor to premium brands such as Apple, FreeFly, etc. Your people should be more important than your revenue. This model may work for you, for now, but what sets Apple apart from it's competition is the fusion of premium products with an incredible user experience, both at the sales level and the end user level.

You are failing at both- by choice I might add.
2015-9-28
Use props
stewart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6032398 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ETA on a patch? unfortunately I cant carry my imac to do a system calibration in the desert
2015-9-28
Use props
WilliamTM
lvl.1

United Kingdom

stewart@stewart Posted at 2015-9-29 08:30
ETA on a patch? unfortunately I cant carry my imac to do a system calibration in the desert

An iMac? Wish it was that easy for me, I've got a desktop computer with a separate monitor to carry around...

Great experience I've had with the Ronin M so far - picked it up on Friday last week along with the new iPhone 6S, so I can't downgrade to iOS 8. The only way I can use it away from home until the app is fixed is to borrow a laptop. Not ideal.
2015-9-29
Use props
pashacamera
lvl.1

Russia

Бля! Проснитесь вы там уже!!!! Людям нужно работать! Запилите уже своё грёбаное приложение, чтоб оно работало!
2015-9-29
Use props
engel
New

Germany

I have six days of shooting this and next week. It´s awful to connect the ronin to a computer on a run an gun job!
Please tell me: when will you release an update and fix this issue? It is really important to know: the next days, next month…

iphone 4s model MD242D/A
ios 9.01
dji assistant app crashes immediately after entering my name and password
impossible to start again the app

Other apps are running, evenNM assistant

2015-9-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules