13453 122 2015-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rogerkapsalis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1340610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is anyone else having trouble launching Groundstation after the iOS 9 update? It just won't open. Thanks.
2015-9-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I will ask R&D.  I am not running iOS 9 yet.
2015-9-17
Use props
rogerkapsalis
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-9-17 22:31

Id appreciate that. Thanks.
2015-9-17
Use props
carldrio
lvl.1
Mexico

I'm having the same problem, it seems to be a Bluetooth issue, if I turn off Bluetooth on my iPad the app starts ok, there is just no way to connect to  the datalink so it's good for nothing.
2015-9-19
Use props
rogerkapsalis
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

carldrio@hotmai Posted at 2015-9-19 11:35
I'm having the same problem, it seems to be a Bluetooth issue, if I turn off Bluetooth on my iPad th ...

I had to downgrade. Fortunately I use a separate iPad Air 2 for my DJI stuff. Hoping they'll fix it.
2015-9-19
Use props
jeanbaptisteeng
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1107169 ft
France

rogerkapsalis Posted at 2015-9-20 05:35
I had to downgrade. Fortunately I use a separate iPad Air 2 for my DJI stuff. Hoping they'll fix i ...

Maybe a bit off-topic... but same issue here with my iPad Mini 3. Have you a web link to a tutorial to downgrade the iPad to 8.4.1 ?
2015-9-20
Use props
chsi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104695 ft
Canada

Typical Apple upgrade garbage
2015-9-20
Use props
rogerkapsalis
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

jeanbaptisteeng Posted at 2015-9-20 14:44
Maybe a bit off-topic... but same issue here with my iPad Mini 3. Have you a web link to a tutoria ...

This is what I used. Make sure to follow all the steps (including downloading the iOS 8.4 version).

Hope this helps.
2015-9-20
Use props
rogerkapsalis
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Any news? My NAZA assistant on my iPhone isn't working either. It's clearly a bluetooth issue.
2015-9-21
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

You can try this.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/how-dow ... -ipod-touch-1510358

There are instructions on how to down grade.  You can also sign up to the 9.1 public beta test.  Several users have posted that this also solved the problems.
2015-9-22
Use props
rogerkapsalis
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Ed, have you gotten any answers? I know there's an update coming for the Phantom and ios9 - is there for naza and GS? Thanks.

2015-9-26
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

We have no more information right now.  The suggestion is to sign up for the beta v9.1 iOS.  If not then you may have to wait.  We are trying to do the best we can with our partner Apple.
2015-9-27
Use props
skysport
New
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-9-27 12:18
We have no more information right now.  The suggestion is to sign up for the beta v9.1 iOS.  If not  ...

I have upgraded to IOS 9.0.1 (which came about a week after IOS 9) and my iPad Ground Station still does not work.  Is it known for sure that iPad Ground Station will work with the beta IOS 9.1?
2015-9-28
Use props
Dimitri
New
Flight distance : 1923 ft
Russia

skysport@wvi.co Posted at 2015-9-28 23:28
I have upgraded to IOS 9.0.1 (which came about a week after IOS 9) and my iPad Ground Station stil ...

No. Unfortunately. I've tried with 9.1 beta 1 & 9.1 beta 2.
2015-9-28
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I am sorry guys.  Our App department is working as hard as they can to identify what Apple changed and how we can return our apps to full functionality.  We again apologize for the inconvenience.
2015-9-29
Use props
antonio.mendiol
lvl.1

Mexico

I hope this problem will be solved soon.
2015-9-30
Use props
rongway
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 84347 ft
Netherlands

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-9-30
Use props
CoreForce
New

Switzerland

iOS 9 beta was out for a long time already. This should have not come by surprise.

Even worse, Apple revoked the iOS 8.4 signing certificates very quickly, as of last Monday (because there was a long iOS 9beta).
There is no way to go back now to pre-iOS9. It's totally up to DJI.

I'm running a project with repeating the same path as the year's seasons pass by.
This project is about to die now as autumn flies by as as significant season but no path automation is available.

Thanks for understanding the urgency in this.
2015-10-3
Use props
kma650
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-9-22 11:52
You can try this.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/how-downgrade-ios-9-public-beta-ios-8-4-iphone-ipad-ipod ...

I upgraded to the Public Beta iOS 9.1, my DJI Ground Station app still crashes if I have my iPad Mini 2 WiFi/Cellular  Blue Tooth turned on, once I turn Blue Tooth off, the GS app runs. Also, my iPad can't detect the actual Ground Station blue tooth transmitter when I'm in the iPad's Settings, it can see my other blue tooth devices, but not the DJI Ground Station blue tooth. So iOS 9.1 does not fix this problem.
2015-10-4
Use props
mark.sheppard72
New

United States

following
2015-10-9
Use props
kma650
lvl.2

United States

Wow that pretty much ended that.
2015-10-9
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

kma650@aol.com Posted at 2015-10-4 16:12
I upgraded to the Public Beta iOS 9.1, my DJI Ground Station app still crashes if I have my iPad M ...

I think the iOS was optimized for the newer iPads and Phones.  I have a iPad mini 4 on the way to me.  There have been reports that this platform works with iOS 9 and above.
2015-10-9
Use props
t-unwin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15656 ft
United Kingdom

I have over £600 invested in GS...PLEASE fix this!

Good Morning DJI

This is all very disappointing indeed and I guess that the possibility of a fix is not looking at all good, considering it is almost a month since Apple upgraded to iOS 9?
2015-10-9
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

t-unwin@sky.com Posted at 2015-10-10 00:41
Good Morning DJI

This is all very disappointing indeed and I guess that the possibility of a fix is ...

I understand your frustration.  We have many apps that operate on iOS.  We are trying to get them all running on iOS 9.  Our programers are working on this diligently to come up with solutions for all our users.  We apologize for the inconvenience.  
2015-10-10
Use props
Gatallica
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank you, thats good to know.
2015-10-10
Use props
ronaldneed
New

Netherlands

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-10 16:03
I understand your frustration.  We have many apps that operate on iOS.  We are trying to get them  ...

Hello DJI,
Please help us getting the APPs back to a working state.

INFO:
Running IOS 9.0.2 still Ground Station is also not working on my iPADs Air. I can confirm that switching off Bluetooth you get some parts of the Apps running. but its useless because you need BT for make it happen. Same for NM Assist. This is also not running on iPhone 6 with IOS 9.0.2.

Note For your App dev department:
Apple support now also Bluetooth 4.2 on the new devices.
2015-10-11
Use props
scottd9000
lvl.2

United States

Looks like the GO app finally got it's upgrade hopefully Ground Station is next.  I just got a Mini 2 with 9.02 and I am unable to downgrade it to 8.4 because it's not signed anymore.  Thanks for the communication DJI but please fix this soon.
2015-10-12
Use props
kma650
lvl.2

United States

iPad Mini 2 WiFi/Cellular, DJI Ground Station hardware and GS iOS app. I've joined the Apple 9.1 Beta and installed the 5th Beta update tonight 10/12/15. Ground Station app still crashes.
2015-10-12
Use props
kma650
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-9 23:45
I think the iOS was optimized for the newer iPads and Phones.  I have a iPad mini 4 on the way to  ...

So what you're saying is when I bought my DJI Phantom 2 v.3 January 2015, had DJI's Ground Station hardware installed into my P2, then I bought an iPad mini 2 to run the GS app, spending well over $2,000, I should've anticipated that ANY iOS update to the iPad would logically have bricked the GS app and that I'm SOL and I should buy an iPad 4 to compensate for a DJI GS app that sounds like it's not going to be updated for a "Legacy" system like mine... nice... I don't feel warm and fuzzy right now. Furthermore a lot of people bought DJI's GS system this year and yet it sounds like "easy come, easy go." I'm not wealthy like most and this is my livelihood, not a stupid hobby.
2015-10-12
Use props
alfredonieri
New

Peru

Dear DJI we need a solution ASAP. I also use this app for work and this has become a real issue.
There is a lot of resources invested in DJI equipment and it cant be used be cause of an app update.
Do you have an estimated date of release?
Thanks,
2015-10-13
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

We do not.  We were told 2-3 weeks.  We are approaching that time.
2015-10-13
Use props
Gatallica
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Following Apple's release of their latest iOS 9 update on the 16th of September,  DJI customers continue to face frustrations with all apps that run on ios.
Despite hundreds, if not thousands of requests for action, DJI have failed to come up with a solution to their compatibility issues, which are mainly related to the bluetooth aspect of the apps. This has led to hundreds of its customers who reley on 'autonomous' waypoint flying, being grounded, with many losing money through lost commercial earnings.

In fairness, DJI representitives continue to apologise, with the standard 'our engineers are working hard to find a solution' however after a month of inaction, the excuse is
quite frankly wearing a bit thin.

There can be no excuse however, with Apple releasing early developer versions of their iOS, specifically to give manufacturers a chance to sort out any issues
So it really is quite 'woeful' that this has not been fixed.

Is DJI in financial difficulty? Are they being ignorant to our needs or is this something else, who knows, but one thing is for sure is that with the many forums etc and the developing world of multi-rotor systems, problems like this are bound to damage the reputation of this robotics giant.

I like many have invested in DJI as they do make quality products, however with their Apps being pivotal to the use of their systems and their apparent 'failure' to either 'prepare' for iOS 9 or find a solution to the current issues, Customers will no doubt make their own choices on where DJI now sits within their hobby or commercial interest.

Personally, I believe that something like this could seriously damage DJI if its not sorted soon and I can only hope that my investments will not become 'redundant', gathering dust on my hobby room shelves.

Come on DJI - enough is enough...SORT THIS OUT PLEASE!

I have posted this on numerous MR forums as I think that its is quite disgusting that a company as big as DJI would fail it's customers in this way. Sorry Ed, but there is no excuse. Apple release early beta versions for this exact reason so a month down the line with no solution is no excuse whatsoever. Lets hope that you can get this sorted in the next couple of days otherwise I fear that your reputation in this field is going to be well and truly damaged.

Thank You
2015-10-14
Use props
alfredonieri
New

Peru

The DJI Store app update was launched today.
Please chech your development priorities, people is being affected because of the GS delay.
Thanks,
2015-10-14
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I received an update today on the progress.  Several apps are with Apple for approval.  Several, including the Data Link with BT are still under development and once completed and tested they will be sent to Apple for approval.  
2015-10-15
Use props
Movin on
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173455 ft

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-15 08:09
I received an update today on the progress.  Several apps are with Apple for approval.  Several, inc ...

Thanx Ed.  You and your other competent DJI associates have your hands full and I appreciate your efforts in trying to help us poor Phantom and Inspire pilots with hardware and software frustrations.
2015-10-15
Use props
scottd9000
lvl.2

United States

So Ground Station App (GS green icon) is with Apple for approval or "still under development"?  Or is Data Link with bluetooth the same as Ground Station.
2015-10-15
Use props
Gatallica
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Still in development...??? So no time soon then!

2015-10-15
Use props
kma650
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-15 11:09
I received an update today on the progress.  Several apps are with Apple for approval.  Several, inc ...

Ed, any new news about Ground Station getting fixed?
2015-10-18
Use props
zaferolmez
New

Turkey

plase:graunsd station version  for ios9   plaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
2015-10-18
Use props
zaferolmez
New

Turkey

:@ plase:graunsd station version  for ios9   plaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
2015-10-18
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules