1234Next >
13446 122 2015-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kma650
lvl.2

United States

aerialvisions Posted at 2015-11-5 14:31
What is the latest update for the App to start working with iOS 9.1?

Last I heard was that DJI should, by now, have fixed the app and would be submitting it to Apple for approval before placing the update in the Apple App Store. November 15th I think is the target date for release.
2015-11-5
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Apple doesn't just put out a new iOS version without letting dji know its coming, I'm sure they had a month at least heads up on this but they are too busy putting out new products.  It won't take long for people to catch on to dji eol on products being about a yr ?.  Clearly they need a software team just to handle the updates for their products..  Every time there is a apple or android update nothing works for 2 or 3 months except the product of the week...  Now the pic ground station is gone all together! Still never got that android version of it...  What company does that? $1500 lightbridge system never even got a official Apple version of the app needed for it and they refuse to make the go app run for light bridge 1, naza, and the h3-3D gimble. And that's the shit that got em really going to begin with..  At least my p3 is flying good after I had to buy a new shell and replace it myself after sitting on the shelf for 2 months or so due to firmware issues...

I really just don't get this..  Dji has great potential and cool products but things get forgotten about to quickly and some things aren't even completely finished as far as I'm concerned...  My E310 propulsion system doesn't have active braking like it was suppose to and is still advertised as having and in a few months I bet it won't even be around for sale anymore and I will never have gotten the completed version of my E310 system, and no way to adjust the gain on the active braking even...  

But let's all keep buying the stuff!  
2015-11-7
Use props
kma650
lvl.2

United States

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-11-8 02:33
Apple doesn't just put out a new iOS version without letting dji know its coming, I'm sure they had  ...

As far as DJI Ground Station app for iOS goes, here's what I think has happened and IS happening. Google is no longer going to support Google Earth API come Dec. 12th, there was less than 1% interest in Google Earth by the internet "public". I think Apple's iOS update switched off the DJI Ground Station app's Bluetooth which somehow keeps the GS app from functioning on my iPad. If I turn off Bluetooth, the GS app works but you can't use it with my Phantom. Anyways, I also think DJI recognized that Google Earth's maps are going away and will not be available within DJI's Ground Station, so I think DJI is going to use Apple Maps instead of Google Earth maps, but they are updating the GS app for iOS only. DJI is now offering a free trade in of their PC version 900M TX/RX for the iOS 2.4GHz TX/RX and will no longer support PC Ground Station... this comes from DJI's website. So I think DJI is steering GS users to iOS and not PC and DJI has always focused on iOS apps where as 3DR focuses on Android. If you don't like DJI products, its a free country, go with another manufacturer, no one has a gun to your head forcing you to keep buying DJI.
2015-11-8
Use props
DJI.Terry
DJI team

Hong Kong

Update: the IOS App was submitted to Apple for review last Sunday.  Finger crossed!

The google map issue does not affect iOS version since it uses different map.
2015-11-8
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

Until Apple ditches their map like Google..  Dji needs to find away to not rely on other people for their products to work.  You can't do photgrammy with iOS groundstation, fly your copter with a computer game controller, or use naza's f1 and f2 ports as aux channels to control servos for the cameras shutter or anything else you could think up a way to use them...  There is allot of lost features..  Maybe make pic version work with the map files off of a garmin or tomtom Gps unit.  Better yet just include the map files with the program.  Even if they don't get updated the world has been mapped well enough where you could still use the ground station if they added a rd on a outdated map...  Dji could easily keep our pc ground station working, and they should cuz it's a product they sold that we all purchased..  Trade your 900mhz groundstation in for a 2.4ghz one dji says, but what if you don't own a iPad?  What do the people who already have the 2.4ghz groundstation get if they don't have a iPad and they can't use it with their pc anymore?  This really is bogus...  What's going to happen to all my other stuff I bought from dji in the next couple years?  I'm not trying to buy all these products if they are only going to work for a couple years!  What will happen to my $1,500 phantom 3 pro if Google stops support for the map it uses?  This ain't cool in any way.  I understand a company not supplying updates for older products but only if it doesn't affect it working!  And not for something only a few years old....

I at least hope dji don't continue making their products rely on another companies decisions.. Or should I say software or products.  Ground station should have been made to have its own map files and it would have kept working for many many more years without needing dji to support it
2015-11-8
Use props
fwolff
lvl.2
Germany

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-11-9 05:43
Until Apple ditches their map like Google..  Dji needs to find away to not rely on other people for  ...

I agree. I had bought a Windows-Tablet for the Groundstation. I have no iPad. DJI cannot sell PC Groundstation till November and then say: Sorry, you can throw it in the trash.
2015-11-9
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

kma650@aol.com Posted at 2015-11-8 12:35
As far as DJI Ground Station app for iOS goes, here's what I think has happened and IS happening.  ...

If that is true, then where is the iOS app for lightbridge?  2nd it's not a lesson that was learned from dji heads up here buddy, when I bought lightbridge for $1,500 there was a iOS app on apples store, few months later it's gone and for a yr dji says it's coming and where is it a yr later now? Pic ground station they sold right up til the last month of google earth being available knowing it was going to stop working over a yr prior.. What does anyone holding a gun to my head have to do with buying expensive things that worked and then support got pulled? Your an idiot my friend! And if 1 more thing happens like this I will be done with dji.  They don't finish things and abandon things prematurely for a newer product. Months into its release.  My 3dr Pixhawk and eagle tree vector flight controllers fly way smoother than naza, support won't end anytime soon either..  Of all the dji products I've bought, my phantom 3 pro is the only thing I'm happy with, now.. First 3 months it was bad, they couldn't get good firmware and the shell was weak.  But finally the firmware is right for the most part and I bought and replaced my own defective shell and I'm finally happy with my p3.6 months after its release..
2015-11-9
Use props
fwolff
lvl.2
Germany

I am angry.  My dealer is angry. DJI have good products. But the support very very poor. If there will ne no Apple-free solution (PC oder Android), my dealer must refund the Groundstation and this was my last DJI-Product.
2015-11-9
Use props
scottd9000
lvl.2

United States

Wow this is crazy news.  I bought an iPad and after installing GS app it's broken.  So I force myself to learn GS PC last week before my trip and get to the remote area only to find out GS PC doesn't work unless it's online.... now it's discontinued?   The GS was probably the worst $200 I have ever spent in my life.
2015-11-9
Use props
kma650
lvl.2

United States

DJI.Terry Posted at 2015-11-8 22:08
Update: the IOS App was submitted to Apple for review last Sunday.  Finger crossed!

The google ma ...

DJI.Terry, thanks for the update.
2015-11-9
Use props
dmiles
lvl.2
Flight distance : 455312 ft
United States

Following.
2015-11-10
Use props
aerialvisions
New

United States

Any update?
2015-11-11
Use props
buildum
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29249 ft
United States

Seems that DJI has left all original Lightbridge customers behind.  I stead of supporting their past equipment they introduce new.  I suppose they will also forget those folks as well.  Fix the following:

1.   Lightbridge to Ground Station mission planner so it works
2.   Fix past products to work with Ipad IOS 9.0 up.  This IOS was in the planning stages for 1.5 years and DJI didn't think to plan for this; sad so sad.

I know that I have 30K in DJI equipment and their support , on a scale of 1 to 10 is a negative 10.  On the up side, most of the equipment is above average quality but they need to focus on customer and equipment support after the sale.

Suggestion,  divide the company into two parts 1) professional series equipment and 2) Retail (Joe hobbyist) market.  Train your people to understand the equipment sold in each of those divisions.

Lastly,  all I hear from DJI is "we are working on it",  "not sure contact china", and last but not least I dont know".  Stop the over promising and deliver.
2015-11-11
Use props
kma650
lvl.2

United States

I was informed by DJI that they will continue to support iOS 9.x Ground Station and hardware, the update is coming this month of November.
2015-11-12
Use props
zaferolmez
New

Turkey

When will come updating :-):-)
2015-11-12
Use props
scottd9000
lvl.2

United States

If it's been at Apple for approval since 10/31 we should have seen it by now......
2015-11-12
Use props
kma650
lvl.2

United States

scottd9000@hotm Posted at 2015-11-12 09:45
If it's been at Apple for approval since 10/31 we should have seen it by now......

I'm not defending anyone, I'm just saying one of the DJI folks on this forum said it may be ready by Nov. 15th. Its up to Apple to give final approval before posting it to the Apple App store.
2015-11-12
Use props
scottd9000
lvl.2

United States

I agree it's still not the 15th.  I guess the overall issue is it's taken 8 weeks to get this updated for a "simply" bluetooth issue.  Not sure why Apple would sit on it for two weeks if it's just a bug fix.
2015-11-12
Use props
dorubrad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37854 ft
Spain

Maybe Apple likes the fact they list software that doesn't actually work in the latest version of IOS )) ... same goes for DJI ... they sell products and users are stuck with not being able to use them.
2015-11-12
Use props
Gatallica
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15656 ft
United Kingdom

I just wish that there was a decent alternative on the market. I tried the whole APM Mission Planner thing and couldn't get on with it... Unreliable, geeky and over complicated. Surely someone could create an app that could tap into the GS hardware.? It can't be that complicated?? So disappointed in this company...
2015-11-13
Use props
Gatallica
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15656 ft
United Kingdom

In fact, I've got an even better idea Ed Tahoe... Why doesn't DJI sell the app to a third party? The third part could unlock its potential for features like POI and dedicate time and effort into its future. We get an app that is the best on the market...DJI make shed loads of money with all of the people that will move to the NAZA etc from the APM/MP and everyone is a winner! I would rather this happen, even if I have to pay a £10 for the software!!
2015-11-13
Use props
dorubrad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37854 ft
Romania

The what point the P3 would be? You could do all with a P2 + GS and some things even better ... doesn't really work that way J
2015-11-13
Use props
info
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275085 ft
Sweden

I really hope that the update of the Ground Station includes all the opportunities that existed in the PC verisionen
2015-11-13
Use props
scottd9000
lvl.2

United States

DJI already stated that this update won't have any new features.  I doubt they will add anything from PC to the iPad version going forward.  Easy thing to do is to open source ground station so other developers could make an Android version with additional features like have been done with Autopilot.
At least if this problem was on Android we could have just rolled back our OS version to make it work.... but not with Apple yuck
2015-11-13
Use props
zinrajhs
lvl.2

Slovenia

WOOOOOOOOOORKKKKKKSSS!  Update!
2015-11-14
Use props
rogerkapsalis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1340610 ft
  • >>>
United States

The update is here. Bravo!
2015-11-14
Use props
davehalton.mac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1451211 ft
United Kingdom

AND it does not crash… weather here not suitable for testing but as soon as its light and not raining Ill be off to test everything.. Cant upload picture but anyhow it does not crash and sees the unit. (Note OPPS its uploaded!)
IMG_4633 2.JPG
2015-11-14
Use props
kma650
lvl.2

United States

Mine crashes or resets if I use the DJI preset grid pattern two out of three times.
2015-11-14
Use props
kma650
lvl.2

United States

DJI.Terry, please read my post about the GS update, will DJI look into this issue with the preset grid pattern resetting the GS app two out of three times.
2015-11-14
Use props
kma650
lvl.2

United States

BTW I'm using an iPad mini 2 wifi/cellular iOS 9.2And they said it would be working by the 15th but it was approved a day early.
2015-11-14
Use props
davehalton.mac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1451211 ft
United Kingdom

Yep con confirm crashes on waypoint templates but not every time. Also orientation lock is squiffy!
2015-11-15
Use props
kma650
lvl.2

United States

scottd9000@hotm Posted at 2015-11-13 14:09
DJI already stated that this update won't have any new features.  I doubt they will add anything fro ...

DJI Mission Planner v3 coming out for Android only soon, answers all the naysayers gripes.
2015-11-15
Use props
fw190a3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 519177 ft
Spain

Quit app when I go to save a template....more test tomorow
2015-11-16
Use props
scottd9000
lvl.2

United States

kma650@aol.com Posted at 2015-11-16 04:42
DJI Mission Planner v3 coming out for Android only soon, answers all the naysayers gripes.

What is DJI Mission Planner?  Is that compatible with Ground Station hardware?
2015-11-16
Use props
stephenames09
New

United States

Hello,
I updated my iPad with the new GS update, nice, but when I try to connect I get connection time out. I can log into GS just can't connect to aircraft. I can log in to my account just can get anything else to work.
Any ideas or help ?
Thanks Steve
2015-11-18
Use props
stephenames09
New

United States

aerialvisions Posted at 2015-11-5 14:31
What is the latest update for the App to start working with iOS 9.1?

Goto the App Store download it. I did but lm have some issues. But I will get it working right.
2015-11-18
Use props
stephenames09
New

United States

stephenames09@h Posted at 2015-11-18 20:42
Hello,
I updated my iPad with the new GS update, nice, but when I try to connect I get connection ti ...

Bump back to the top
2015-11-19
Use props
scottd9000
lvl.2

United States

What iOS version are you on?
2015-11-20
Use props
stephenames09
New

United States

I got it working. When I reinstated the GS app it wanted my main controller pass word at first start up. Then log in with my account. Now that I got that right the GS is connects to my quad. Happy Happy. Test flight tomorrow. I will post how it works out.
Thanks Steve
2015-11-20
Use props
stephenames09
New

United States

scottd9000@hotm Posted at 2015-11-20 09:53
What iOS version are you on?

iOS 9.1 on iPad gen4
2015-11-20
Use props
1234Next >