3073 25 2015-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Burlingtonfilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 108550 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The new X5 footage is looking great!  Only problem I see is the flickering issue still remains, similar to the X3.  In the last shot of the video, you can really see the trees flickering due to the compression

2015-9-18
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

looks good enough for me.
The only complain I would have is the waiting time to get my hands on it
2015-9-18
Use props
stasissports
lvl.1

United States

Looks damn good to me
2015-9-18
Use props
mikem
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12585 ft
United States

Flickering?  That's the main issue I've had with the X3!  Looks fine on You Tube, but any other platform, the camera looks terrible...why in God's name would I want to purchase another friggin' camera that does the same thing!  This is so frustrating.  I have been waiting for an upgrade with this system...and this is what DJI provides?  What a bunch of crap!  What good does a larger sensor do when the footage produced still is not solid?  This sucks!
2015-9-18
Use props
Mkell_CA_SF.BAY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 307431 ft
United States

I'd like to see the footage direct from the camera and not go through YouTube compression
2015-9-18
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

mikem@mjp.com Posted at 2015-9-18 13:05
Flickering?  That's the main issue I've had with the X3!  Looks fine on You Tube, but any other plat ...

It's an angry post, but most of us feel the same way.
2015-9-18
Use props
Dragonflyin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16562 ft
  • >>>
United States

So, the video starts off with them installing the 512 SS drive into the side of the X5R, but the youtube comments and the thread here is all about the X5.  So what are we actually seeing footage from?  I also noticed them flying with the arms almost parallel, and the hardware below the arms looks different than my current Inspire, as well as the coloring and camo print on the carbon fiber looks different, too.  I know lighting can make everything seem different, but it looked like it was more than that...
2015-9-18
Use props
mikem
lvl.1
United States

Burlingtonfilms Posted at 2015-9-18 22:52
It's an angry post, but most of us feel the same way.

I'm sorry for the tone of my post...I absolutely love my Inspire 1...it is a fabulous, all inclusive turnkey system to shoot great video and photos.  I do video professionally, and my business really seems to be picking up...I have been struggling to get the X3 footage to pass muster...especially viewed on a large monitor in my edit suite.  So I have literally been praying for an upgraded camera...DJI comes out with all this hype but won't post any raw files for evaluation...yet they want us to blindly go ahead and purchase?

I really hope I'm wrong about all of this, but it seems like a con game to me....post some raw files that have fine detail in them....buildings, turf, etc.  Let us evaluate footage shot in the field....and tell us what camera it was shot in - 5x - 5xr.  

Again, apologies for my initial angry response....this is very frustrating.
2015-9-20
Use props
Kvamen
lvl.2

Norway

It looks ok, but don't feel like i have to run to the shop to buy it, is there really so big diffrent in quallity campare to inspire one, exept for the diffrent lenses and its posability?
2015-9-20
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4626 ft
United States

If this is the X5R I'm not impressed. Still waiting for someone to share a 4K raw clips out of the X5R or 4K clips from the X5 at least.
2015-9-20
Use props
rockliffe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 442743 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And so customers' disdain continues! I hope DJI are listening to all this discontent. But more importantly, I hope they act on it.
2015-9-21
Use props
SimonMW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 361263 ft

United Kingdom

The X5R looks great! Go to this link and use the download option to download a much better quality 4K file. It is still compressed, but much better than you'll see with the YouTube or Vimeo compression system.
2015-9-21
Use props
rockliffe
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Edit.............
2015-9-21
Use props
enkhome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 273038 ft
Netherlands

mikem@mjp.com Posted at 2015-9-18 19:05
Flickering?  That's the main issue I've had with the X3!  Looks fine on You Tube, but any other plat ...

Fully agree, it's the same as buying a Ferrari with a lawn mower engine.
I will wait for the better engine
2015-9-21
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cant wait for the X5R!
2015-9-21
Use props
speedbird747
lvl.2
Flight distance : 158983 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I downloaded the 4K video provided above from Vimeo of the X5R and viewed with Quicktime on my 27" 5K iMac - footage wasn't mind blowing - if anything on the same par as my Inspire 1 4K output... hash tag DISAPPOINTED
2015-9-21
Use props
mikem
lvl.1
United States

scooterlam Posted at 2015-9-21 02:04
If this is the X5R I'm not impressed. Still waiting for someone to share a 4K raw clips out of the X ...

Seriously...why can't these people put out some raw files for evaluation?  Just a bunch of promos and product reveal...with little or no real information for us to evaluate?

BUY OUR NEW CAMERA!  Let's do that based on the crappy DJI cameras sold with the Phantom Vision Plus and yes, the Inspire 1.  Crappy-ass cameras.

Maybe they can get Phillip Bloom to do another slick demo without really critically evaluating the camera.  

Please, take my money!

2015-9-21
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372287 ft
Greece

it could be x3. not impressed at all.
2015-9-23
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

delas Posted at 2015-9-23 04:56
it could be x3. not impressed at all.

I was thinking the same thing.  The darks in the video are very blocky.
2015-9-23
Use props
SimonMW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 361263 ft

United Kingdom

Maybe they can get Phillip Bloom to do another slick demo without really critically evaluating the camera.  

No comment... ;-)
2015-9-23
Use props
rockliffe
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You know fellas, I've been pretty anti the X5 but the more I evaluate the camera, on Vimeo I hasten to add, the more I'm beginning to realise that the negative vibes that I'm reading are unjustified. My opinion, for what it's worth, is there is a distinct improvement over the original X3. The overall image is definitely improved without that distinct, phantom/Inspire 'look.' The compression shimmering that so many of us observe, is definitely not as bad as the X3. I have to add, that I've also seen some abysmal footage on YouTube, but when viewing the same footage on Vimeo the compression is a lot less. The other thing is, we are all sit 20" away from the monitor looking with eagle eyes for compression, and guess what, we might find a little. But if you look a little less subjectively and view the overall image as an audience would, I think you'll find a lot less heartache! Having said that, I'm as disappointed as anyone else with the bitrate, but  I still think the camera has some mileage. We just need DJI to get their ass into gear and release some footage that we can evaluate.
2015-9-23
Use props
BoomStrike
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Bottom line if it was shot on the X3 or X5 once you put it on You-tube it all looks the same - you're taking good video compressing the hell out of it and making it trash!
2015-9-23
Use props
polycord.gmail
lvl.1
Flight distance : 215764 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Turn sharpness down. Also you´ll see that flicker if you´re watching 4k footage on a full HD monitor.Convert the 4k to 1080p and you´ll be fine.
2015-10-26
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe DJI should be taking into account that there are many professional people using or wanting to use this platform but it's falling way short of what we want and need to do the job.  The first round with the X3 was good but the X5 is under most professional standards.   The Inspire is not a toy.     Just my two cents.
2015-10-27
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

speedbird747 Posted at 2015-9-21 11:45
I downloaded the 4K video provided above from Vimeo of the X5R and viewed with Quicktime on my 27" 5 ...

Its pretty compressed.  The comparison videos dont help at all, most make the X3 look like a better camera!
2015-10-27
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice!Good Job!
2017-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now