Thank You Everyone
689 0 2015-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gas.tube
lvl.2

United States

As a Newb to the FPV world and to the Phantom platform, I want to thank everyone who has contributed to this forum. I am talking to you Sploodge, Ray, Poker, Tim, Dave, and all the other contributors. Without your help I would be just like the other newbs I read about who haven't done any reading on their new hobby. You have made it very easy to learn, avoid certain obstacles, and have given various tips to outgrow Newbie status.

I have been lurking in here for the last 3-4 weeks and I have about 12 successful flights now. Out of the box I had to update firmware, which was fairly straight forward after watching the tutorials on the DJI website. And because everything was working so well after the FW update I was hesitant to take the next FW update, but did so after reading Sploodges tutorial. Thankfully I did, too because I had no idea about calibrating the IMU and it was unflyable after the 2nd FW update. So once again, I am back in the air loving this new hobby.

And as the Android experience goes, mine is nearly flawless. Yeah, it has a few issues, but most of those issues have work-arounds. Not having a supported device (readld and delapidated device) I don't feel like I have a right to complain because like I said, all of my issues have work-arounds. However, I am going to start a thread on the Go App forum for people with Androids and detailing working solutions for some of the common problems. If DJI monitors that forum it could help R&D provide solutions in future releases to make the Android version rock solid.

Enough rambling. It's time to go out and fly now. Just a thank you to every contributor here and to DJI. You guys (and girls) have made it easy to keep it in the air.

2015-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules