A great shot, redolent of a bygone era
8-4 13:02
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fantastic composition Charles.    Really nice old weathered 1800s era barn.  
8-4 13:24
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Great find!
8-4 21:05
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, that's a beautiful capture. We truly appreciate your effort and contribution.

Keep us posted always and fly safe!
8-4 22:45
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
Flight distance : 6870043 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-4 13:24
Fantastic composition Charles.    Really nice old weathered 1800s era barn.

Thanks, video to come.
8-5 04:08
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 8-4 22:45
Hi there, that's a beautiful capture. We truly appreciate your effort and contribution.

Keep us posted always and fly safe!

Thank you. My pleasure.
8-5 04:08
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 8-4 13:02
A great shot, redolent of a bygone era

Thank you. I passed this barn a few times and had a chance to catch it this weekend
8-5 04:09
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 8-5 04:08
Thanks, video to come.

You're welcome.  Looking forward to seeing the video.  
8-5 04:44
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-5 04:44
You're welcome.  Looking forward to seeing the video.

Thanks going to work on it today.
8-5 11:50
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer
Flight distance : 41033251 ft
United Kingdom

Really nice picture - great shot
8-5 12:20
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Codgerzh2 Posted at 8-5 12:20
Really nice picture - great shot

Thanks Codger.
8-5 13:28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Super shot there Charles.   
8-5 23:50
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-5 23:50
Super shot there Charles.

Thanks, took a long weekend in the country to decompress. Those old farmhouses had to be captured.
8-6 04:27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 8-5 11:50
Thanks going to work on it today.

Well southern Florida dodged the bullet on Tropical Storm Debby.  It passed to the west and just brought us some mid-level winds but lots of rain.  Tidal surge where I have my live aboard boat was only 1.5 feet.  
8-6 05:13
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-6 05:13
Well southern Florida dodged the bullet on Tropical Storm Debby.  It passed to the west and just brought us some mid-level winds but lots of rain.  Tidal surge where I have my live aboard boat was only 1.5 feet.

Glad it missed you. Now it's on the Carolinas.
8-6 05:17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 8-6 05:17
Glad it missed you. Now it's on the Carolinas.

Thanks Charles.  I'm glad it bypassed us for sure.  My hope is that it will now curve right and just eventually blow itself out somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean and not ride right up the eastern coastline.
8-6 05:55
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-6 05:55
Thanks Charles.  I'm glad it bypassed us for sure.  My hope is that it will now curve right and just eventually blow itself out somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean and not ride right up the eastern coastline.

Looks like it's slowiy rolling up the coast and hopefully dissipating. I have that Emlid rS3 Coming in and I'm waiting to do 23 mapping  jobs in long island. Hoping to get them done ASAP. Waiting for the rain to stop.
8-6 17:13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 8-6 17:13
Looks like it's slowiy rolling up the coast and hopefully dissipating. I have that Emlid rS3 Coming in and I'm waiting to do 23 mapping  jobs in long island. Hoping to get them done ASAP. Waiting for the rain to stop.

It definitely appears to just be riding right up the eastern seaboard.  I was hoping it would arc to the right and die out in the Atlantic Ocean.  
8-7 05:55
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-7 05:55
It definitely appears to just be riding right up the eastern seaboard.  I was hoping it would arc to the right and die out in the Atlantic Ocean.

It never seems to do that. There must be something that makes it stay along the coast. It's raining here.
8-7 05:59
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 8-7 05:59
It never seems to do that. There must be something that makes it stay along the coast. It's raining here.

Almost like a magnet pulling the storm up and along the coastline.  I hope you don't get too much rain in your area.  
8-7 11:25
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-7 11:25
Almost like a magnet pulling the storm up and along the coastline.  I hope you don't get too much rain in your area.

It looks like 4 days of light rain so far. We will see.
8-7 16:39
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 8-7 16:39
It looks like 4 days of light rain so far. We will see.

If you have to get rain at least light rain is tolerable and doesn't flood the streets.  Although it makes drone flying tougher.  
8-8 04:24
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-8 04:24
If you have to get rain at least light rain is tolerable and doesn't flood the streets.  Although it makes drone flying tougher.

The rain is giving me the time to bone up on this GNSS receiver and mapping with it. It's a little more complicated than I thought. Apparently one of the other pilots backed out so now I have 40 locations to do. At least it will pay for all of the equipment. It's for National Grid.
8-8 04:41
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 8-8 04:41
The rain is giving me the time to bone up on this GNSS receiver and mapping with it. It's a little more complicated than I thought. Apparently one of the other pilots backed out so now I have 40 locations to do. At least it will pay for all of the equipment. It's for National Grid.

After I saw your post on it I did a little reading up and that is quite the fascinating set up.  Not a cheap initial investment but at least you have the potential to get it repaid soon.  This capability will just expand your business offerings even  more.  
8-8 05:12
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-8 05:12
After I saw your post on it I did a little reading up and that is quite the fascinating set up.  Not a cheap initial investment but at least you have the potential to get it repaid soon.  This capability will just expand your business offerings even  more.

I believe so. It's funny how many people back out of the work at the last minute. It's almost like you can count on it if you just persevere.
8-8 05:45
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-8 05:12
After I saw your post on it I did a little reading up and that is quite the fascinating set up.  Not a cheap initial investment but at least you have the potential to get it repaid soon.  This capability will just expand your business offerings even  more.

The jobs offered will almost pay for the unit. I already started advertising the work we can do.  Enjoying the new learning curve.
8-8 05:53
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 8-8 05:45
I believe so. It's funny how many people back out of the work at the last minute. It's almost like you can count on it if you just persevere.

I wonder why so many people back out.  Is it a lack of proper equipment, too time consuming or they just bid something and then figured out they couldn't do it?
8-8 06:03
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 8-8 05:53
The jobs offered will almost pay for the unit. I already started advertising the work we can do.  Enjoying the new learning curve.

I'm sure you'll master the learning curve rather quickly.  
8-8 06:05
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-8 06:03
I wonder why so many people back out.  Is it a lack of proper equipment, too time consuming or they just bid something and then figured out they couldn't do it?

I think there are many unreliable cowboys out there. When they have to stand up to a deadline it's a little more difficult. I will have to do all 40 locations in 3 days.
8-8 06:08
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 8-8 06:08
I think there are many unreliable cowboys out there. When they have to stand up to a deadline it's a little more difficult. I will have to do all 40 locations in 3 days.

I know my help won't be as happy as I am.
8-8 06:08
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-8 06:05
I'm sure you'll master the learning curve rather quickly.

It's part of the fun. a little adrenaline because you've never done it before is always good.
8-8 06:10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 8-8 06:08

Wow, those are going to be some long days.  Definitely need the weather to cooperate fully to successfully complete that endeavor.  
8-8 06:50
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 8-8 06:10
It's part of the fun. a little adrenaline because you've never done it before is always good.

No doubt that will be an exciting time on first go at it.  
8-8 06:54
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-8 06:50
Wow, those are going to be some long days.  Definitely need the weather to cooperate fully to successfully complete that endeavor.

No doubt. Trying to set up a best practices checklist for GNSS mapping. There is lots to set up before each flight. the flights are only about 4 minutes each. The set up will take longer than the flight.
8-8 18:26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 8-8 18:26
No doubt. Trying to set up a best practices checklist for GNSS mapping. There is lots to set up before each flight. the flights are only about 4 minutes each. The set up will take longer than the flight.

Sounds like quite the intense process.  I'm assuming you will use the Mavic 3E for this.  
8-9 03:03
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-9 03:03
Sounds like quite the intense process.  I'm assuming you will use the Mavic 3E for this.

Yes it's the only drone I have with RTK. It communicates with the satellites and the emlid, which then communicates with the CORS ground transmitters and that coordinates the locations. Something like that. I am working on the technical details.
8-9 05:50
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 8-9 05:50
Yes it's the only drone I have with RTK. It communicates with the satellites and the emlid, which then communicates with the CORS ground transmitters and that coordinates the locations. Something like that. I am working on the technical details.

Glad that is you figuring it out.  Seems a bit complicated for my old brain.  
8-10 04:07
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-10 04:07
Glad that is you figuring it out.  Seems a bit complicated for my old brain.

There are too many things that can go wrong with this. I got the reception going last night from my officr. I went to the field to do a map and it didnt work. I have a baby baptism ti go to, then back to the drawing board tomorrow. Frustrating.
8-10 08:00
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 8-10 08:00
There are too many things that can go wrong with this. I got the reception going last night from my officr. I went to the field to do a map and it didnt work. I have a baby baptism ti go to, then back to the drawing board tomorrow. Frustrating.

Sometimes new technologies bring on many new challenges.  I have no doubt you'll master it.  
8-10 14:23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules