My first drone: P3A will be here Monday!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joepilly2
lvl.1

United States

Hello everyone,

Noob here...my P3A will be here Monday. Im very excited and very nervous. Worried about doing the firmware upgrade....battery update,  rc update, etc. etc....lol  Heard alot of bad stories about the latest firmware.

Can I just run with what is on there for now with out doing the upgrade? The new firmware is only for the new flying features anyway? I plan on using Litchi for flying as I will be using the Nexus 7 2nd Gen.  And using the Go app only for setup and calibration and such. Just heard so many bad stories about the GO app. Litchi has same features and more. Seems very stable? No bad stories? How does all that sound?  

Gonna try and start slow. Basic movements to start, etc.  Nervous about all the settings and options.....but will figure it out...lol

Also read about the new motors DJI is now using. Wonder if I will get the old or new motors?

Any advice or do's and don'ts would be great!

thanks!

Joe
2015-9-19
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105318 ft

United Kingdom

Do have fun - Dont Crash?!
2015-9-19
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

First week spend it getting familiar with the phantom and the app settings and just sit it on the table and play with all the bells without flying, then spend your first month flying it Line of sight without the tablet or phone just you and the phantom and controller, hover then do small circles then large circles then figure eights, then do the same with it pointing toward you so you can understand point of view reversal of inputs, just be nice and gentle with your inputs, the smoother you become the more you will enjoy it and the more it will stay in one piece....

All this is my humble opinion, use your judgement and enjoy it.
2015-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules