Need help updating p3
1280 8 2015-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
velasco1372
New

United States

Having trouble updating to the newest fw. I tried everything. Did exactly as states. Nothing worked for me. Formatted sd card.
When starting up p3 nothing happenes just starts up as usual. Please help!!!
2015-9-19
Use props
rcssinfo
New

United Kingdom

I also having trouble a constant alarm sound after update and re booting is there a reset button
2015-9-23
Use props
stevensjack113
New

United States

I have the same thing happening to me , I can not figure it out it acts like it either doesn't read the firmware or the the Camera and the aircraft have the firmware locked down. I tried emailing DJI no response after 2 weeks still. I am hoping someone out there can help us. I even tried all the prevcious versions of the firmware all them do the same thing
2015-10-3
Use props
vg.itagroup
lvl.1

United States

Did you put the right firmware version for your bird? (advance,pro etc.)
Did you extract the files to the root of the SD card ? (no folder)

2015-10-5
Use props
stevensjack113
New

United States

vg.itagroup Posted at 2015-10-5 06:25
Did you put the right firmware version for your bird? (advance,pro etc.)
Did you extract the files t ...

I did get the correct firmware version and placed on the root , tried different mem cards  and even older firmware versions since my aircraft is currently being reported as on 1.1.9 base firmware, it simply does not  invoke the firmware update process, thanks for the reply  though I am at loss as to what to try and DJI seems not to respond at all to tech support requests
2015-10-5
Use props
vg.itagroup
lvl.1

United States

stevensjack113 Posted at 2015-10-5 10:12
I did get the correct firmware version and placed on the root , tried different mem cards  and eve ...

Maybe send it to the dealer? Since its grounded,I see no other option
2015-10-6
Use props
stevensjack113
New

United States

vg.itagroup Posted at 2015-10-6 05:28
Maybe send it to the dealer? Since its grounded,I see no other option

This was my complete post I made in the newbie thread, but thing is im not grounded I can fly  and so far without problems

Hi all
I have had my P3P for about 2 weeks now, and have logged quite a few flight hours so far with no issues, but having read and watched everything I could on updating my firmware, I still am unable to to update the aircraft and camera firmware. Here is what is reported in App- appversion 2.2, Controller version 1.3.20 Aircraft 1.19, What happens when I have properly prepared Memory card with just the firmware on the root, is it will never even initiate the update no logs are created and the aircraft after initialization is ready to fly. I know the card is good but have tried a few different ones, the card is able to record video and picture without issue, but never seems to read the firmware and initiate the update. I have tried with all three available updates 1.2,1.3 and the latest 1.4 none will update. I haven't seen anyone else with this problem so I feel I must be missing some step but I can not figure it out. It almost seems as if the firmware is locked down in the aircraft and camera. Has anyone else seen this or have any ideas I tried mailing DJI support but still have not gotten a reply. Thanks in advance for any help or ideas
2015-10-6
Use props
amaxlegend
lvl.1

United Kingdom

updated dji go nothing working help
2015-10-8
Use props
angelsan
New

Mexico

well, seems I am not alone..
Just bought my Phantom 3 Adv, right out of the box displays text  " needs firmware update "
I downloaded the firmware, copy to the provided micro SD card, run it in the aircraft and nothing happened
led turned solid red and beep continous, for, 5, 25 or 60 minutes, text file,  failed.
I reported to dji support, open a ticket, waiting for response...
Anyone please comment / help.
2015-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules