Ground station constantly crashing
2954 19 2015-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
d_walsh2005
lvl.2

Australia

When I swipe right on my app to activate GS it crashes. I have sent many emails to Dji and have got the runaround by not reading my threads and suggesting all of the procedures I have already told them I had tried. I have been put into the "too hard basket" and have had my ticket cancelled without a resolution to my problem. I have been told to send the unit in for a fix and/or call the service centre. I live in Australia and am not going to sit in a phone cue for an hour on an international call. This crashing started happening after the update on the vision app so I am pretty sure its not a problem with my unit but a bug in the update as I have seen many people complaining about the same issue in various threads. I was considering buying the Inspire but if this is the kind of treatment I'm going to get everytime an update screws everything up I'm very sceptical now. Please restore my faith in your company and help me please....
2015-9-20
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

You may want to try the GS in another app. If you have an android tablet or phone go to Wwwflylitchi.com and check out the GS . Bigger display too. If you have the same issue with two apps then the problem is not with the app. Let us know your outcome and we'll see if there are any other actions you can try.
2015-9-20
Use props
d_walsh2005
lvl.2

Australia

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-9-21 03:04
You may want to try the GS in another app. If you have an android tablet or phone go to Wwwflylitchi ...

Thanks for the reply.
I have an iphone 5s so I don't think that will help.
I had a fly today and the GS wont even work on my girlfriend's Ipad. Plus the quad is shaking like a leaf and struggling to keep gps position in a hover.
I have calibrated the IMU, reset the btu, rebound the controller, re downloaded the app several times, have all the latest updates bought new props.
Has anyone out there fixed this problem?
2015-9-21
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

When you calibrated the IMU did you use a level to check the quad front to back and side to side. Use paper, cardboard  etc to chock the feet and get her perfectly level and do the IMU while she is cool.
2015-9-21
Use props
FlyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106483 ft
Belgium

no use in trying, no use sending it for repair. This crashing is obviously a bug in the latest software. Only thing we can do is wait for a new update.
2015-9-21
Use props
redwings
New

United States

Mine just started doing the same thing the last couple times I had it out.  I cant find any other way of controlling to speed setting.  Hope they come up with a fix soon!
2015-9-21
Use props
d_walsh2005
lvl.2

Australia

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-9-21 21:00
When you calibrated the IMU did you use a level to check the quad front to back and side to side. Us ...

I checked the surface of the table that I did the calibration on and it's level. All of the rubbers on the feet of the quad are still on and undamaged so I assume the unit is perfectly level. I also have done the calibration while it's cool.
2015-9-22
Use props
d_walsh2005
lvl.2

Australia

FlyGuy Posted at 2015-9-22 01:58
no use in trying, no use sending it for repair. This crashing is obviously a bug in the latest softw ...

"I appreciate your response. Unfortunately, I have not heard of any updates regarding this solution. As you mentioned the previous solution did not work for you, consider sending in your unit for repair."
This is the response I got back from Dji before closing my ticket without any resolution to my problem.
Awesome customer support!!!
2015-9-22
Use props
kma650
lvl.2

United States

I have a Phantom 2 v.3 with pro-installed DJI Ground Station hardware, I have an iPad Mini 2 WiFi/Cellular with DJI GS app on iOS 9.0.1 and it worked just fine, then I updated my iOS to 9.0.2 and the DJI Ground Station app quit working, it's clear that the iOS 9.0.2 update is at fault. Yes, I have emailed DJI about it but I doubt they will respond with anything substantive or even a fix. I tried to download Apple's public beta iOS 9.1 onto my iPad but received an error message stating I would not be allowed to install it. I use Ground Station for aerial mapping and I'm now dead in the water. To say I'm frustrated is a massive understatement.
2015-10-4
Use props
mmwohl3
lvl.1

United States

kma650@aol.com Posted at 2015-10-4 07:47
I have a Phantom 2 v.3 with pro-installed DJI Ground Station hardware, I have an iPad Mini 2 WiFi/Ce ...

I am flying Phantom 2+ with iPhone 6 and iOS 9.0.2. I have called several local hobby stores and they had not heard of this problem. My experience is identical as the app crashes whenever I try to swipe into the ground station.
I can connect to the camera and fly manually in Atti. When I change to gps it also says "control signal lost" and ?fortunately? Goes to fail safe . Obviously it is registering my home point, just no way stations or map. Any advice or am I one of many waiting for DJI to solve the conflict?
2015-10-4
Use props
kma650
lvl.2

United States

mmwohl3@gmail.c Posted at 2015-10-4 13:52
I am flying Phantom 2+ with iPhone 6 and iOS 9.0.2. I have called several local hobby stores and th ...

Lots of folks here are having the same problem. The iOS 9.0.2 update hosed everything up. I actually installed the Public Beta of iOS 9.1 and even that doesn't fix this problem. Basically speaking if you own DJI's Ground Station, you can no longer use it. If this was the plan all along, DJI should have told us to sell/toss it and move on to something else, or, send all their customers an email stating that they are aware of this problem and are working with Apple to correct it. So far, no word from DJI and I doubt we'll hear anything about it. I am clearly frustrated.
2015-10-4
Use props
mmwohl3
lvl.1

United States

kma650@aol.com Posted at 2015-10-4 16:08
Lots of folks here are having the same problem. The iOS 9.0.2 update hosed everything up. I actual ...

This is nothing that some stiff competition won't cure. I am thinking of a new quad and was leaning toward the phantom3!! Any suggestions other than DJI?
2015-10-5
Use props
motia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14452 ft
United States

The IOS app just updated to 1.0.53. It seems that for me it fixed the GS crash, but the FPV video stream still does not work.
2015-10-8
Use props
jbgdbg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53602 ft
United States

I just tried 1.0.53. The app is still crashing when I swipe for waypoint after I have 6 satellites locked. Any one else still having an issue? I never had 1.0.48. Is there something else I need to tweek?
2015-10-8
Use props
rjohnline
lvl.2
Flight distance : 670823 ft
United States

jbgdbg@icloud.c Posted at 2015-10-8 14:10
I just tried 1.0.53. The app is still crashing when I swipe for waypoint after I have 6 satellites l ...

Same problem also!
2015-10-8
Use props
d_walsh2005
lvl.2

Australia

I thought "Hallelujah" Dji finally updated the vision app and fixed GS. But no....Still crashing. It's incomprehensible that such a large company can be so incompetent and keep so many of their customers in the dark.  If any Dji employees are reading this please give us an idea of if or when this will get fixed. At least admit there was a screw up and you are doing something about it.
2015-10-9
Use props
dorubrad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37854 ft
Romania

Well, we are the stupid ones because we paid for products we can't actually use. Image that people using the PC GS and and having no way to buy a IPAD are f***ed as GS for PC support ends on the 12th of December. Not DJI to blame here as Google drops support for Google Earth BUT the could switch to Google Maps API OR make the GS code OpenSource or even make a proper API to include the 2.4 Datalink also.
2015-11-13
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

App update is out 1.0.54 which is a fix for IOS 9  . Give it a go....
2015-11-17
Use props
djiuser_ZsoNoHgaVv5N
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27572 ft
Italy

Hi my old Ipad has broken now I have an ipad with Ios 13.xxx the GS App in multi point crashes it closes I need a solution
gs for pc is unusable for google earth but here it is not google's fault but the app that does not work on my Ios
It connects to my Naza M V2 take off and land but if I try to do a programmed mission circle triangle the app closes the reopen and starts again even when in favorite mission thanks for the support I would not want to have my GS Statio 2.4 Ghz and bluethooth module as stationary expensive card
2020-6-14
Use props
djiuser_ZsoNoHgaVv5N
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27572 ft
Italy

Hi my old Ipad has broken now I have an ipad with Ios 13.xxx the GS App in multi point crashes it closes I need a solution
gs for pc is unusable for google earth but here it is not google's fault but the app that does not work on my Ios
It connects to my Nava M V2 take off and land but if I try to do a programmed mission circle triangle the app closes the reopen and starts again even when in favorite mission thanks for the support I would not want to have my GS Statio 2.4 Ghz and bluethooth module as stationary expensive card
2020-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules