Trying not to send it back (GPS not working)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stevetredwell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,
Can you help. I took delivery of my Phantom Pro 3 last week, upgraded the software on the aircraft (1.4.0010) and controller (1.3.20) all seems to work except that I am struggling to get a GPS signal, I have a phantom 2 and putting them side by side I always get GPS on the 2 but not on the 3. Did get a GPS on one of many attempts but aircraft was drifting badly in flight 20+ meters before I took control, have flown it in atti and opti but cant get GPS and therefore none of the advanced navigation stuff. Read the manual, searched the forum, looked through all the settings but cant see anything I am doing wrong, does anyone have any ideas.

Have sent a support message but no response (which is no surprise) really don't want to send it back due to the very poor support from DJI (don't understand why they do everything else well and just cant to customer service). Which means I really don't want to send it back because It feels like I will be going down a path of pain (that will teach me to buy off a dealer rather than off this web site)
Steve
2015-9-20
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

Why don't you take it bak to the dealer?
2015-9-20
Use props
stevetredwell
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

aopisa Posted at 2015-9-20 17:54
Why don't you take it bak to the dealer?

I bought it from the DJI web site which could have been my first mistake
2015-9-20
Use props
stevetredwell
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

stevetredwell Posted at 2015-9-21 06:52
I bought it from the DJI web site which could have been my first mistake

Finally progress
2015-9-23
Use props
stevetredwell
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Eventually got the fault classified as DOA so its n the way to Holland, found out there is an unpublished Dutch number where the phone was answered (I know its normal for most suppliers but this is DJI) and problem progressed straight away. Took it to UPS this morning so we will see how long before the new one arrives.  
2015-9-23
Use props
stevetredwell
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So my 3 Pro got to Holland on Friday (according to UPS), got an email overnight saying that I should return the aircraft to the dealer I bought it from!!! Another example of not reading the notes. Sent a message back pointing out the error, got another apology (words are cheap) and apparently Holland are "out of stock" of 3 pro so new one will have to come from "HQ" sent another message asking what that means in terms of location and delay but surprisingly no response. No doubt another days delay.
Got a survey over the weekend to see how happy I was with customer service, I guess no one will be contacting me with regard to the negative response. Some companies treat an unhappy customer as an opportunity to make a difference but apparently not DJI
2015-9-29
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105318 ft

United Kingdom

stevetredwell Posted at 2015-9-29 17:30
So my 3 Pro got to Holland on Friday (according to UPS), got an email overnight saying that I should ...

HI - just to let you know - when I ordered mine direct from DJI it arrived in less than a week - in fact arrived on the 5th working day following the order - so hopefully you will not have to wait too long.  It must be like christmas day as a child when you open the box and find that grandma didnt buy your batteries for your new toy and you have to waiting until the day after boxing day to play with it.

Hope it gets to you soon.

2015-9-29
Use props
stevetredwell
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well another 24 hours of no response, not sure I would want to work for a company that treats its customers with such disrespect and as for those actually responsible guess they will stay hidden in the background without the courage to face customers like scared little babies hiding behind staff who have to face or in this case not face the customers they have ripped off.
So guess its time to start thinking about getting money back either legally or via credit card company and looking at competitor products.
2015-9-29
Use props
stevetredwell
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A response!! but not to my issue instead I get two emails
2015-9-30
Use props
stevetredwell
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

First email telling me that the Chinese staff are going on holiday for a week and they hope I will understand, No No No this is just a new way to insult customers
Second email how about another survey to see what I think of customer service, unbelievable!!!!! Customer service is the worst I have ever had the misfortune to experience
Apparently even though they don't have enough staff they have taken to sacking them now and then going on holiday, well that will really improve things.
I used to think "good product crap service" now I just think "DJI rubbish"
2015-9-30
Use props
stevetredwell
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So eventually they send a replacement from China last week, it arrives in the local DHL and surprise surprise they didn't fill in the documentation to say its a replacement and I have to pay another £70 duty and tax, so now I guess we go into another email trail getting them to pay me back. Seems they need some of the brains used to create the product in the logistics and customer service still totally frustrated and still no product. Never again
2015-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules