Phantom 4 external socket (Wishlist)
931 4 2015-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dhex
New

Ecuador

Lets bring the thing to a whole new level: Why not let users attach certified DJI accesories to your drone?
An external socket that could be activated from the remote controler, the app, or by asigning C1/C2 buttos would allow a wide range of capabilities and increase the user experience by letting external accesories to be triggered..

Some ideas:

- Into night watch? Attach a DJI flashlight/ir flashlight to your drone (with its own battery) and plug it to the external socket, trigger the button on your controller once and the flash light goes on, trigger it again, its comes off.

- Threw your favorite G.I.Joe to the roof? no problem.. rescue is comming... attach a "DJI Airclaw" and plug it to the external socket.. trigger the button on your remote once and the claw opens, press it again and it closes.

- The landing gear is on your way for that perfect 360 shot? .. get a retractable replacement gear, screw it in and plug it to the external socket... press the button C1 button once for gear up and again for gear down.

I think this is the way to go... maybe you could licence 3rd parties for all kinds of crazy ideas for your drone.. Id like to see what people could come up with.. like exterior window washers, flag pole painters and bulb replacers.

2015-9-20
Use props
Iflewbyyou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1066076 ft
  • >>>
United States

Let's think a bit more here. I like your ideas, but you missed a few great future options.
• Live feed at 1080p, instead of 720, which is just too blurry to see antennas and tiny branches you might be flying too near.
• An out-of-the-box long range remote control (at least as an option for those who want it but don't want to void their warrantee modifying it)!
• A zoom lens would be nice!
• A faster, better camera bit rate, 60 mbps is what many 1080p cameras have, it is woefully slow for 4K, which has 4 times the resolution. I have another 4K camera with a 100 mbps bit rate, and it has such a noticeable better video quality, especially when there is a lot of motion or detail, or both. 100 mbps bit rate should be considered bare bones minimum for 4K, 60 mbps is just substandard and insufficient.
• Increased resolution for stills, without the wide angle perspective.
• quick release gimbal for storage/transport, as well as easy swapping for replacement or upgrade.
• A 3D camera to give VR goggles depth perception! How helpful would that be !?!
• Water proof (or at least rain-proof) everything for all weather use.
• A top center mount bracket for 360° camera or other add-ons.
• The ability to turn-off or turn-down noise reduction at higher ISOs, the current noise reduction is far more annoying than noise is, as it makes everything blurry.
• Sensors to steady that little wobble the Phantom 3 often has.
• Replaceable/swappable arms on the shell, so when you get damage or cracking on an arm, you can easily swap it out.
• Motor mounts that tilt forward/backward for higher speed flying.
I could go on, but that is enough, hope DJI sees this ;-)
2016-2-10
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.3

New Zealand

Iflewbyyou Posted at 2016-2-11 07:33
Let's think a bit more here. I like your ideas, but you missed a few great future options.   ...

Sounds good, sure it will probably cost $10-20k per drone, but DJI doesn't need to make sales right?
2016-2-10
Use props
Iflewbyyou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1066076 ft
  • >>>
United States

Riley-NZL Posted at 2016-2-10 13:00
Sounds good, sure it will probably cost $10-20k per drone, but DJI doesn't need to make sales righ ...

Hey, no reason to get all bitter because I suggest some improvements. Some of my suggestions would cost next to nothing... the ability to adjust noise reduction at high ISOs in the app for example. I feel that if just one of my improvement ideas were to be used, it is worth putting them out here for DJI to see and ponder. As an enthusiastic user, I would really love to see any of these improvements in the P4.  Another important observation, is that over time, ALL these things and many more will be added to basic model drones, if not DJI's then some innovative competitors. So why not be sure that DJI has our best ideas first? I'm trying to make a constructive contribution, or two!
2016-2-11
Use props
Nicola90s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3060869 ft
Italy

When you are talking about external socket, you mean through the mini USB?
2016-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules