DJI GO for iOS9
55139 518 2015-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alokbhargava
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131135 ft
India

Delay in release of the fix is making DJI entering a critical phase where their product can be declared faulty and may eventually lead to halt of the production of P3 and Inspire. DJI should realize it, take it seriously and put maximum focus on to fix it. Dave's statement that he never gives the final dates of release will not work here as that becomes an open ended non committed statement and doesn't reflect seriousness.   I am surprised that such an expert team of DJI has taken so much time to figure out the solution. I believe their focus so far was on to release new features and not to focus on the issues faced by the customers. DJI please move fast to save the worst. You have already lost the advantage of first release, now you have the second chance to fix the issues.
2015-10-20
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

alokbhargava Posted at 2015-10-20 11:11
Delay in release of the fix is making DJI entering a critical phase where their product can be decla ...

I am afraid that DJI would probably not halt production due to a faulty product/software. Their focus seems to be on sales and pushing as many products out the door as fast as they can. They are riding high on the drone craze and it's just a big money grab for them. Fixing problems and true customer experience seem to be low on the priority list.

At least that is the perception that they seem to be projecting. Perception counts for a lot whether actually true or not. Maybe they truly care and are working hard in the background trying to come of with a fix, but their silence speaks volumes.

Sorry, to be so vocal about this, but I come from a background of working for companies and running a few of my own that make customer service a very high priority. It really bothers me when I see one treating their customers like this.
2015-10-20
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

jllewis5 Posted at 2015-10-20 10:54
It WAS before the 2.3 version but that doesn't matter.  This was the original question... "When do ...

It was just a question. Thanks for your kind answer.
2015-10-20
Use props
brossern
New

Norway

Problems with IOS 9.0.2. And app 2.3 on iPad mini3. Can,t downgrade to IOS 8. My bird is grounded.
2015-10-20
Use props
jllewis5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1763117 ft
United States

GQ. Posted at 2015-10-20 12:47
It was just a question. Thanks for your kind answer.

The age old problem of words on a screen rather than actual voices.  I didn't mean it in a negative way.  Read it again without an aggressive tone and that's how I meant it.  To elaborate...I tried first to put "WAS" in italics but it wouldn't let me so I capitalized it.  Sorry for the confusion.  
2015-10-20
Use props
Upwind
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1158586 ft
United States

FWIW I turned off the hardware encode and experienced slightly better signal yesterday.  I also manually turned down the video transmission to 4MB/S and it seemed to help.  Don't think that's the answer but if you do have to go take it flying it may help.
2015-10-20
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

alokbhargava Posted at 2015-10-19 18:11
Hi Dave: Do you still propose to continue selling P3 with current state of Go App? How long?

Tha ...

I do not propose anything. That is not my job.

You keep using the word "YOU" , Like I am DJI and I have the power to halt selling of the P3 or fix the software.

I just do technical forum support answering questions about how to use the various DJI products, and I do forum moderation, that is making sure everyone is following forum rules.
Deleting post or deleting users accounts that do not follow the rules.  

I am not part of the DJI repair facilities. That is not my job to answer all of the repair problems as in “why does it take so long to get my unit repaired” or to track down RMA numbers that are in for repair. Although I do help with that some when I can. I am also not part of the firmware/software development team. I do not write the code and the guys that do are not telling me when or how they do things.
I am also not part of the customer support or service team. That you can contact at
support@dji.com. I do not answer e-mails at that address, some one from customer service does.

I am listening to you guys and often I feel the same way about many of the problems DJI is having, like long repair time, problems with the update process, and communication between DJI customer support and the customer.

I am trying to be a conduit between the forum members and DJI so that your concerns can be heard but that is not in my job description. I do intervene and send e-mail to my contacts in DJI when I can. As I have done here.
As I said my main job is to do forum support technical questions (on how to use) and moderation of the forum.

As so I think you are blowing this out of proportion if you think DJI is going to stop selling Phantoms.
Let me make something very clear. This problem is not affecting all users in fact it is affecting very few users.  in 2014, “DJI sold about 400,000 units–many of which were its signature Phantom model–and is on track to do more than $1 billion in sales this year, up from $500 million in 2014. More than 800,000 units this year. If everyone or even the majority of users were having this problem this website would be so flooded in would go down, it would stop working.

The sky is not falling. You said "it can't go on indefinitely". I can tell you it will not.
2015-10-20
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

rok.hudy Posted at 2015-10-20 06:57
This is what you-DJI wrote on 21.9 :

DJI GO is experiencing minor compatibility issues with iOS9  ...

Well at least you said "you-DJI" but you can leave the "you" out of it because I did not say that. You should be addressing the guy that did not me.

I also hope we will have a solution soon. I have been told we will.
2015-10-20
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

I do not give time frames. For firmware or products!  One of our other forum support guys on a different forum (RC Groups) made a claim on when a new system was coming out. He was wrong by about 10 months, and had users asking him and reminding him of what he had said all the time. It was a mess!  DJI had told him a date, but he was the one that looked bad on the forum because he was the one that made the promise. Even though it was no fault of his own.
I decided right then and there, that even if I have a date I will not share it (it is not my job anyway unless my boss (Tahoe ED) tells me different). There is too great of a chance of being wrong about the date because of unforeseen things that I have no control over. No control at all.
If someone else in DJI wants to put out a date (and or has the authority to put out a date) then they can do that.

2015-10-20
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Phuglie Posted at 2015-10-20 06:16
Leave Tim alone - he's busy on new animations and other important matters

Yeah, Ha Ha. Of course everyone knows I was just kidding with Tim. I respect him very much, he is the best in my book.

Dave
2015-10-20
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Guys can you please give poor Dave a break.  When you use the word "YOU" to Dave that is a personal attack.  That will not be tolerated.  Fair warning.  If you have a complaint with DJI then state it that way.  We are here to provide support and are your advocates, but we do not run the company.  

Tim's initial comments were probably overly optimistic.  V2.3 of the Go App solved the issue for many users.  Not all.  My guess now it may be hardware related.  My iPad min 2 on v8.4 and Go 2.3 works great.  I have a iPad mini 4 on v9 on order for testing.  DJI is now testing a new version of the Go App and that may solve the issue for others.  I know people that are using iPhone 6S, 6S+ and iPad mini 4 on iOS 9 with no issues, but Apple optimized iOS 9 for the new devices.  DJI has many more Apps other than the Go.  Those users want them to be compatible as well.  We have submitted some for approval by Apple.  We have others that are currently being tested.  Once the tests are completed then they too will be submitted to Apple for approval.  Our list of supported devices may shrink because the firmware advances.  My Galaxy S4 will not longer keep up with the demands of v2.3, wifi and the OSMO and I will have to get a new device.  It is part of the changes in Tech and the demands on processors and batteries, etc.  

We are working on this, but as Dave has said the world is not coming to an end.  A lot of users went out and got a cheap Android devices until this is resolved.  $30 and you are still running.  If this is mission critical for you then you may have to think a little out of the box.  If you decide to ground your craft then that is also your decision.  I just flew my Inspire out 200m over the Pacific on firmware that I have never tested before.  I made sure the mod values were correct, calibrated the compass, the lens (it is a X5) and flew.  There were no issues.  Would I have done this if it were not an important engagement, probably not, but there was not time to do the testing that I would normally do.  My point is that we all make personal choices.  I made mine because I have confidence in the equipment.  You may not.  I cannot change that.  Sorry.
2015-10-20
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-20 17:07
Guys can you please give poor Dave a break.  When you use the word "YOU" to Dave that is a personal  ...

Ed I am not sure I understand how it could be a hardware problem… if it worked just fine under previous software configurations with the same devices how could it now be hardware?

I do wish you would recommend a $30 android device.

Butch
2015-10-20
Use props
jeffgullikson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1962339 ft
United States

Wtf?  Just give me back what I had in July 2015!!!!
2015-10-20
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
India

We truly do not understand who is who on the forum. My perception: Any one having DJI prefix/icon is considered as a high ranking rep of DJI and all others are considered as DJI customers. Any comments of DJI reps are taken very seriously as we consider them as authentic words of DJI. Similarly our questions to DJI reps are directed to DJI and not to them personally. I m not sure about others but yes I had once used YOU but didn't intend to attack any one personally. I'm sorry, will be more careful. Also a request, please do not consider our questions and statements as an offense directly to any one. We all just want that issues should be resolved quickly. No one from DJI was replying to our concerns for very long. I saw some members losing their patience. We were so happy when we at last got a message from DJI-Dave. We were so happy and thanked him. We thought DJI heard us. We bombarded DJI-Dave with our questions as all of us were anxious to hear just one answer: what's the expected time frame for the solution? Nothing more, nothing less. We had no idea about those specific roles of DJI-xxx.  

Are we back to the old situation that we do not have DJI rep any more to answer us directly?

2015-10-20
Use props
J.Salo
lvl.1

Finland

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-21 01:07
Guys can you please give poor Dave a break.  When you use the word "YOU" to Dave that is a personal  ...

DJI must offer 2 different updates, older devices (simple) and newer devices (more versatile). Don't want to get new device for that!!!!
2015-10-21
Use props
JapanDave
lvl.2
Japan

Please show me a $30 Android device that will be able to stream video reliably?
2015-10-21
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
India

J.Salo Posted at 2015-10-21 13:55
DJI must offer 2 different updates, older devices (simple) and newer devices (more versatile). Don' ...

Google Apps, Skype, Netfix and many more apps have been updated to suite iOS 9 on old as well as new devices with a single App. I have not yet noticed two versions of the app appearing simultaneously on App Store. Why do you think we need two different solutions?
2015-10-21
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
India

JapanDave Posted at 2015-10-21 15:08
Please show me a $30 Android device that will be able to stream video reliably?

I need $30 device too.
2015-10-21
Use props
J.Salo
lvl.1

Finland

alokbhargava Posted at 2015-10-21 13:11
Google Apps, Skype, Netfix and many more apps have been updated to suite iOS 9 on old as well as ne ...

"Our list of supported devices may shrink because the firmware advances"
Tahoe_Ed said so.... I don't think anything.

2015-10-21
Use props
olekopter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 326001 ft

Switzerland

HI DJI, please tell us the 30 $ Machine we have to buy..... any Amazon Fire?  Or is DJI launching a device soon? This would be a good "sorry for all inconvenience" to all of your customers.
Looking forward in hearing a good advice
O.
2015-10-21
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

DJI sold 800,000 birds in 2015.. How many of them are in trouble ? I would say very low % of them. But that does not mean it is not frustrating to wait and being grounded. My business partner own a Robinson 44 and he have the same recurrent problem since the last 10 years with this helicopter and Robinson is not there to support him because he is not a US customer. Can you believe that for a $450,000.00 toy ''Made in USA "?And what about the Volkswagen scandal ?
2015-10-21
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
India

GQ. Posted at 2015-10-21 17:13
DJI sold 800,000 birds in 2015.. How many of them are in trouble ? I would say very low % of them. B ...

Why do you say very low % is in trouble?

My guess is 40% must be on iOS and only 10% must be using new devices. So 30% of 800,000 should be in trouble which are 240,000 birds.

Is this a low number? Or you have different logic?
2015-10-21
Use props
FlyingDog
lvl.2

Taiwan

I am running iOS 8.4.1 on my iPad Air, and DJI Go 2.3, for my P3P, and running well.  In fact, the video feed is better or more robust than the Go 2.0 or 2.1 days.  I will stay on this combination for a while for my following flights.  My P3P has had 80+ flight records since May, hope it continues.
2015-10-21
Use props
duey101
lvl.2

Thailand

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-21 05:07

For me iOS 8.4, FW + 1.3.20 DJI Go 2.0.0 was 100%, no glitches, no problems, everything worked perfectly, totally reliable.  

On iOS 9.0.2 and the same FW 1.3.20 + DJI Go 2.0.0 all kinds of buggy glitch ridden dropouts, black screen, signal loss, app crashes, the only change was the iOS version.  It is not a hardware issue.
2015-10-21
Use props
jeffgullikson
lvl.2
United States

New DJI GO update. Here we go
2015-10-21
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

duey101 Posted at 2015-10-21 10:04
For me iOS 8.4, FW + 1.3.20 DJI Go 2.0.0 was 100%, no glitches, no problems, everything worked per ...

Is there? where is it located?

Butch
2015-10-21
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jeffgullikson@g Posted at 2015-10-21 11:52

Sorry found it... I keep looking on the site instead of on the device

Butch
2015-10-21
Use props
jeffgullikson
lvl.2
United States

Might as well try it I guess.
2015-10-21
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

daviskw2004 Posted at 2015-10-20 17:37
Ed I am not sure I understand how it could be a hardware problem… if it worked just fine under pre ...

The hardware drives the results on new apps.  The Go app is a video intensive one with streaming video from the copter.  You don't get much device intensive use than that.  That is why we recommend that all apps running the background be disabled.  In high temps, the processors throttle down.  I have seen that on iOS and Android.  That is why my new go to device is a iPad mini 4.  
2015-10-21
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
India

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-21 23:44
The hardware drives the results on new apps.  The Go app is a video intensive one with streaming v ...

Same video stream works well on iPad mini 2 with iOS 8.4.1 under the same temperature conditions.   How do you justify that?

2015-10-21
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

alokbhargava Posted at 2015-10-21 08:37
Why do you say very low % is in trouble?

My guess is 40% must be on iOS and only 10% must be usi ...

No way 30% of the DJI user are having trouble .I think you dont understand my logic. I do understand your frustration but your numbers are totally way out of proportions.
If there was that many birds in trouble you would see those numbers on TV News  big time.
The problems DJI have right not is to be able to satisfied all their customers and it is not that simple.
Their problems with the Apps is not only related with the tablets or ISO. It is much more complicated that that and the % with troubles is very very low. I am sure about that. Otherwise DJI would be in big time trouble. And they are not.
You have a warranty ? So why dont your ship your bird to DJI ?
2015-10-21
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
India

jeffgullikson@g Posted at 2015-10-21 22:22

There is no mention of any fix for video streaming. Keep fingers crossed.
2015-10-21
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

The DJI GO 2.4.0 is available. Let's see how it works.
2015-10-21
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

I just did DJI GO 2.4.0 Version update on my iPad 4 and did the RC update Version 1.4.30 as well.

I did a quick flight and everything works perfect for me here.
2015-10-21
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
India

GQ. Posted at 2015-10-22 00:06
No way 30% of the DJI user are having trouble .I think you dont understand my logic. I do understan ...

May be my logic is inaccurate but is based on assumed iOS / android distribution and old and new devices. Your logic is based on media coverage. I don't know what pulls it to medias attention.

Drones are very expensive special toys and my guess is that most of the users have some kind of engineering or professional skills. They would like to experiment and would try different ways to make things work. In short users will wait for the solutions to emerge.

Do you mean that people should return their birds if SW is not meeting the specs?
2015-10-21
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

alokbhargava Posted at 2015-10-21 15:24
May be my logic is inaccurate but is based on assumed iOS / android distribution and old and new d ...

Yes return your bird. I did and they replace my P3A.
2015-10-21
Use props
jeffgullikson
lvl.2
United States

Now Apple released iOS 9.1. Jesus
2015-10-21
Use props
adeluisa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8235 ft
Spain

I regret what I just read. The iPad that work perfectly before, now no longer have streaming capability, as I understand from your words trigger new updates useless applications which undermine the smooth functioning GO DJI had in the past (a few months ago), and also can not disable these useless applications. This seems an argument of pressure from Apple to force us to buy their latest and expensive models. I do not like, and I hope DJI know who feeds them, but unfortunately I fear that DJI is in a delicate situation and must redirect this.
2015-10-21
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

jeffgullikson@g Posted at 2015-10-21 15:41
Now Apple released iOS 9.1. Jesus

Will you update to 9.1 ?
2015-10-21
Use props
jeffgullikson
lvl.2