Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO for iOS9
54120 518 2015-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alokbhargava
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131135 ft
India

GQ. Posted at 2015-10-22 02:19
Will you update to 9.1 ?

Yes we should upgrade from 9.0.2 to 9.1

9.1 Beta was available to developers much before iOS 9.0 was released.
2015-10-21
Use props
fcom.terra
New

Brazil

The point is update or not for new today apple release?
9.1?
Who test it!
2015-10-21
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
India

fcom.terra Posted at 2015-10-22 07:06
The point is update or not for new today apple release?
9.1?
Who test it!

I see only a minimal risk in upgrading from 9.0.2 to 9.1 as its not a major release. If one is on 8.4.1, then better to hold on to it and wait for the feedback.

Let's ask DJI for their recommendations.

2015-10-21
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

alokbhargava Posted at 2015-10-21 22:00
I see only a minimal risk in upgrading from 9.0.2 to 9.1 as its not a major release. If one is on  ...

"Let's ask DJI for their recommendations."

...Now that's funny!
2015-10-21
Use props
kkost
New
Flight distance : 561791 ft
United States

I just completed the update to IOS 9.1 Beta 5 on my brand new mini 4 iPad and then went out and flew 2 successful flights with zero of the disconnect issues I experienced with IOS 9.02.  Anyone having doubt with the beta update, don't!  It worked great for me!  
2015-10-21
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
India

aopisa Posted at 2015-10-22 07:39
"Let's ask DJI for their recommendations."

...Now that's funny!

Yeah it's funny I know.

I don't think there will be a change in Go app behavior with upgrade to 9.1 but we have a choice to leave to members to verify it or ask DJI for their comments.
2015-10-21
Use props
rok.hudy
lvl.1
Slovenia

jeffgullikson@g Posted at 2015-10-21 18:52
New DJI GO update. Here we go

Doesn't work   iphone 6+ Ios 9.1 , new app, new firmware update for RC  - still nothing ....I'm feeling fustrated!!!!
2015-10-22
Use props
sami
lvl.1

Finland

alokbhargava Posted at 2015-10-22 07:46
Yeah it's funny I know.

I don't think there will be a change in Go app behavior with upgrade to  ...

Hi All,

I want to tell about my experience about DJI product. I see here lot of complains about the product.

I bought DJI Phantom A from shop in germany. Price was 998€. Also I bought extra battery and iPad mini 3 with datamodule).
Phantom was with those new motors (dont know is there any difference for older ones)

First I charged everything and updated iPad to IOS 9.0.1. After charged was time to update DJI products.
All updates went like descriped in instructions. First of all, I would not succeeded FW updates without reading instructions. I wonder how people tries to update products without reading instructions. At least one in this forum interrupted FW upgrade because RC were beeping... He did not know it is normal. Everything were written in manual..

After upgrade process I got following FW:s
Drone1.40010
RC 1.3.20
DJI go App 2.3.0
iPad 3 Mini 9.0.1

I have no Idea how many flights I have done already with this setup. Everything has worked just like expected. So I would like to Thank DJI for good product!!!
-No crashes in application
-I have flown 500m directly above me without any connection issues. Only videlink quality dropped down.
-500m above and 500 meters front (45 degrees), videolink quality get better, but not full hd.
-200m high 900 meters away, medium quality videolink.

Before each flight I:
-calibrate compass
-Use 100% charged battery
-Wait GPS lock
-Check RTH height and surroundings
-Failsafe (on water=return to home, On land = hover)

So overall I am very happy with product. I have done only one flip to the grass by hitting little stick. Only one propell got damage. Height was maybe 0.5 meter.

TIP: Before starting to fligh far away etc. You should practice to controll device with ATTI. WHen you can fligth 8 figure without problems you have some idea how directions are etc. (e.g. http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-helicopter-lessons.html)

So thank you once more DJI, good job.

Happy Flying,
Sami
PS: Updated new DJI GO 2.4.0 and upgraded RC-FW without any issues. Just updating IOS to 9.1. Well, lets see.

2015-10-22
Use props
petevandra
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6939 ft
  • >>>
Australia

sami Posted at 2015-10-22 19:53
Hi All,

I want to tell about my experience about DJI product. I see here lot of complains about th ...

I've had similar experience to Sami
2015-10-22
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-20 17:07
Guys can you please give poor Dave a break.  When you use the word "YOU" to Dave that is a personal  ...

OK... the go app is upgraded to 2.4 my mini 2 has the latest os... I was all excited to see if the screen blocking and freezes were gone... I hooked up my bird and was in the process of upgrading the RC as suggested and........ the damn screen blocks up and skips frames just setting on my living room floor right next to the aircraft ...worse than before the 2.4 upgrade. Frustrating to say the least.

I will try flying it today and see if this continues.
I just wish they would stop adding features that the majority of people will not use and fix the damn problems they have when they come out with new software.

Butch
2015-10-22
Use props
duey101
lvl.2

Thailand

daviskw2004 Posted at 2015-10-22 22:32
OK... the go app is upgraded to 2.4 my mini 2 has the latest os... I was all excited to see if the  ...

I agree.  Nobody wants the silly crap.  We can get all the silly crap we want on our devices from the app store.  Fix the app so it works right!  every time I fly now it is with nervous anxiety where as on 8.4 it was 100% confidence.
2015-10-22
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

Guys I would like to understand why dont you send your Phantom to DJI. It is under warranty no ?
I did it and they replace my bird for a brand new one.
I was having the same problems that you have guys.
No Video Image at all.
2015-10-22
Use props
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

GQ. Posted at 2015-10-22 14:20
Guys I would like to understand why dont you send your Phantom to DJI. It is under warranty no ?
I d ...

Because they will likely be without a P3 for 2 months.  DJI also sent me a new P3A after FW 1.3.2 bricked my RC.  No video at all.  But it took nearly 2 months and I missed a lot of great aerial photo opportunities.
2015-10-22
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

daviskw2004 Posted at 2015-10-22 08:32
OK... the go app is upgraded to 2.4 my mini 2 has the latest os... I was all excited to see if the  ...

My iPad mini 2 works great.  Have you turned off cellular, wifi, etc.  Turn off all apps running in the background and make sure that is is cool.  Mine will glitch in high temps but that should not be a problem this time of year.
2015-10-22
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

mikeon Posted at 2015-10-22 15:36
Because they will likely be without a P3 for 2 months.  DJI also sent me a new P3A after FW 1.3.2  ...

I understand that. But I think it is better that to be grounded for a month or more and not being sure your bird is not  having a manufacture problem. No ?
2015-10-22
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-22 14:42
My iPad mini 2 works great.  Have you turned off cellular, wifi, etc.  Turn off all apps running i ...

I have done all that... plenty of memory on the device... In addition I have also tried setting the channels to manual and selecting the channel with the less interference  so I could lower the MPS to 4. Still no difference blocking and lost frames.

Butch
2015-10-22
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
India

GQ. Posted at 2015-10-22 23:50
I d ...

What was the process of sending back to DJI?
2015-10-22
Use props
petevandra
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

duey101 Posted at 2015-10-23 02:22
I agree.  Nobody wants the silly crap.  We can get all the silly crap we want on our devices from  ...

Just to have my say:-  
I love what DJI are doing and have done so far. Every update is like opening a Xmas present - love finding the little extras and changes they've made. But then again, I've got my Inspire just as a hobby - not for business.
Personally, since I purchased it last March, I've not had any major problems. Had some random signal losses around 1.2.1.06 but now all is good.
Flew yesterday and today (total - 6 batteries) with 1.4.30 & Go 2.4.0 without any problems. Video capture was perfect out to 764 metres.
Despite the concerns a lot of owners seem to be having, I couldn't be happier.
Maybe the air is cleaner down in Australia!!!!!!! - ha ha
2015-10-22
Use props
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

petevandra@msn. Posted at 2015-10-22 22:34
Just to have my say:-  
I love what DJI are doing and have done so far. Every update is like openi ...

What version iOS?
2015-10-22
Use props
petevandra
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Still using IOS 8.4 on Ipad air2.  Haven't updated to IOS 9..... because DJI recommended not to and haven't read that its ok to update yet. (but maybe I missed it)
2015-10-22
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

petevandra@msn. Posted at 2015-10-22 21:20
Still using IOS 8.4 on Ipad air2.  Haven't updated to IOS 9..... because DJI recommended not to an ...

Right now I would not.  Keeping my iPad mini 2 on 8.4.  I am testing a mini 4 on v9.02.  
2015-10-22
Use props
petevandra
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-23 15:57
Right now I would not.  Keeping my iPad mini 2 on 8.4.  I am testing a mini 4 on v9.02.

Thanks for the advice/update
2015-10-23
Use props
petevandra
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-23 15:57

2015-10-23
Use props
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

petevandra@msn. Posted at 2015-10-23 00:20
Still using IOS 8.4 on Ipad air2.  Haven't updated to IOS 9..... because DJI recommended not to an ...

Compatibility with iOS 9 is the topic of this thread.  I'm at 8.4.1 and flying fine.  But I use my iPhone 6+ for a lot of things and don't want to remain on an old iOS forever.  
2015-10-23
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

alokbhargava Posted at 2015-10-22 19:21
What was the process of sending back to DJI?

You just have to communicate with the DJI service on their web site and follow their instructions.
2015-10-23
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

petevandra@msn. Posted at 2015-10-23 07:28

I use iPad Mini 4, 16G, Wi-FI + Cellular, with iOS 9.1
The new DJI App 2.4
RC updated to 1.4
Flying without any problem so far.
2015-10-23
Use props
bill
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13946959 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, I will add my issues to this thread because I believe they are all software related. P3A, iPad mini 2. Latest firmware on everything.(RC at 1.4) Latest versions of iOS9.1, and GO 2.4.0. Unfortunately, I upgraded to iOS9 before I saw the note in the forum about waiting. Either way, I have intermittent signal loss when flying, and almost always have a 3-5 second video delay. This creates havoc when I try and film video. The bird is always super responsive to adjustments with the transmitter so I know that even when my screen goes black, I can look right at the bird and it does whatever I tell it to with the sticks immediately, even when it is almost out of visual range. I had this problem before the iOS9 update however. There are times when I am flying where everything works as it should, but these are few and far between.(It just suddenly works for a couple of minutes, and then the video delay reappears, and then the bars come across the screen, and then it goes black and says signal loss)
I also have settings as recommended by DJI, where I have the video cache disabled and the Auto Clean up on. (Seems redundant, but it is what is recommended)
2015-10-23
Use props
sami
lvl.1

Finland

Hi all,

Today upgraded IOS 9.1
Current setup:
-Ipad 3 Mini+Cellular, 16 GB (9.1)
-Phantom 3A (new version) (1.4.0010)
-RC (1.4.30)
-Go App (2.4.0)

I have had no issues. I do not even use iPad in flight mode. WLAN is used all the time.
Today I had flight about (-1.5 degrees celscius). Almost one battery done and whole flight with no issues. Not even little hicup. Videolink were working all the time. Maximum distance were maybe 500 meters.

I would say that DJI has done very good job.

Regards,
Sami

PS: like I told another message; all FW/SW upgrades has gone as described in instructions.
At least I have working combination.

2015-10-23
Use props
duey101
lvl.2

Thailand

aopisa Posted at 2015-10-19 22:55
I would suggest that everyone having problems should review the app on the Apple App Store. So far o ...

Great idea! Off I go...
2015-10-24
Use props
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

Looking at App Store reviews for DJI GO 2.4.0.  Eight total reviews.  One 5-star review and seven 1-star reviews, with lots of problems reported.  I can't believe that 87.5% of reviewers don't follow installation instructions or otherwise cause their own problems.  Especially when you consider that the average rating for all versions of GO is 4+ stars.  
Looks like I'll be at iOS 8.4.1 and GO 2.3.0 for a while yet.  
2015-10-24
Use props
robert.kolmhofe
New

Austria

We did several flights with our P3Pro today (using 4 batteries, total flight time arount 58 minutes und about 13km distance) using an iPad Air2, iOS9.1 (language setting german) and GO 2.4.0 (updated on Oct 22nd). No problems at all.

Ground Station is still not working with iOS9 (crashes with bluetooth turned on).
2015-10-24
Use props
leon.hughes
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I just upgraded to DJI Go 2.4 and the RC firmware update.  Still on iOS 8x, but the problems with Go constantly crashing seem to have been resolved.
2015-10-24
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Throwing in my 2 cents

DJI Go : v2.4.0
iOS version : 9.1
Device: iPhone 6 Plus
Device radios : LTE/4G on, BT on, Wifi on
Aircraft : Phantom 3 Professional, standard configuration, no prop guards, out of the box props
Weather conditions: 2 hours before dusk, winds around 20 km/h in some areas

Feedback
- Startup: new aircraft selection interface was a bit of a surprise. Figured it out in under a minute
- Calibration : No IMU / compass calibration needed
- Video: flew to over 1km away with no issues at all. No video breakup, no pixelation
- Flight quality: Smooth, steady flight, in P, Atti, and F despite winds.
- IOC: POI and Waypoints, worked perfectly. Did not test Follow Me
- GPS: locked (green) within 120s
- RC update detected. I was able to update my P3P RC from the app itself without incident
2015-10-24
Use props
paul.webtints
lvl.2

France

ghoonk Posted at 2015-10-25 08:52
Throwing in my 2 cents

I have just returned from sixflights to test new firmware and DJI Go App 3.4.   My IPad Air 2 64Gb with Cellular card which is about a month old with OS 9.1 installed.
First two flights in my field 4 Acres where I tested most functions including circling my car worked fine.  No problem of video stuttering or freezing which was the problem I was having.  Second flight I setup and circled my Shogun LWB which worked perfectly.

We then left for Lac Guerlédan in Brittany which has been emptied of water for Dam repairs. The basin has not been exposed in 25 years which was part of the Nantes Brest Canal.  So very unique location with depths down to 110 feet it's a very deep lake formed by a large Dam used to generate electricity for EDF.  Prior to this upgrade I have not tried to film it with concerns about recovery if it failed with the old Firmware.  If it dropped into the bottom I would not be able to recover it as I am 60% disabled.

But no worries, it worked perfectly four flights up to 1km away and flew both above the Dam and below it's normal level.  So for the first time in months my Phantom 3 Pro worked correctly providing the confidence I needed to risk filming this venue.  

Hopefully many of you will find it working fine with the IPad Air 2 and the current versions of the firmware and software.   I will test it with my Samsung S 8.4 Pad during the week to see if that is now usable which I use as a backup having given up waiting for DJI to provide a version for this Samsung Tablet.  Will report here.

2015-10-25
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

paul.webtints Posted at 2015-10-25 11:54
I have just returned from sixflights to test new firmware and DJI Go App 3.4.   My IPad Air 2 64Gb ...

Montre nous tes images. Elles doivent être très intéressantes.
Show us your images from this lake.
2015-10-25
Use props
rok.hudy
lvl.1
Slovenia

ghoonk Posted at 2015-10-25 08:52
Throwing in my 2 cents

Firmware is the latest? I am just wondering why yours is working and mine not. Same hardware
2015-10-25
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

rok.hudy Posted at 2015-10-25 13:26
Firmware is the latest? I am just wondering why yours is working and mine not. Same hardware

2 potential reasons.
1- You did not follow the procedures.
2- Your bird have problems and you must communicate with DJI to sent it to them and get repared or replace if you are still under the warranty.
2015-10-25
Use props
air
lvl.1
Flight distance : 237753 ft
United States

paul.webtints Posted at 2015-10-25 11:54
I have just returned from sixflights to test new firmware and DJI Go App 3.4.   My IPad Air 2 64Gb ...

More 2 cents:

Flew six flights in past two days with no problems. Tested RTH, POI, course lock & home lock - all good

Aircraft: P3 Pro
Firmware 1.4.0010
DJI Go: v2.4.0
RC: v1.4.30
Device: iPad mini 2 WiFi only
iOS v9.1
2015-10-25
Use props
shifuw
New
Réunion

Hello there,

i would like to share my experience about a big problem i had with this update. (i share because i fixed it )

1- i installed iOS 9 on my ipad air 2 last friday
2- then just after,  i updated the DJI Go app for my inspire
3- i tested the new app switching on the RC, then the bird, then the app (i will insist on this : after making an update, i always test the app before flying the bird. Rule 1, i never mount the propellers. I see so many people updating app or firmware and they direct try to fly the bird without a basic testing first. Rule 2, i try all the app's functions before trying a real flight. People should not feel so surprise to crash the bird by flying without tests !!!)
4- after 5 minutes, the new DJI GO app launched, the remote controler updated without me to confirm it !!! (looks like DJI created the first real IA :p thank you DJI )
5- the update failed and DJI GO app proposed me to retry the update, and i said yes, but after 12 minutes it failed again
6- problems started after the second fail
7- the inspire cam stoped working, no video anymore on the app, and no control of the bird possible
8- i rebooted both bird and RC, without succes. And the RC LED was cyan and not responding with the dji go app. i tryed to start the bird keep the RC off, and the camera started to move then stop 2 seconds after during the initializing. (not good) it was like the bird was not able to start initializing.
9- i tryed to rewrite firmware on the bird but the process was not able to launch !!!
10- i tryed to update my rc with the app and with external USB key and with external SD adapter, without success. The RC LED was still cyan and was not able to launch the update.
11- at this point i came on forums and spent all night reading about people that should have same problem (i did not really find someone with the same problem, but i guess they did not describe it perfectly, or my English is so bad :x )
12 - saturday : i downloaded dji go app 2.3.0 instead of 2.4.0 with a galaxy note 1 :x , then i tryed to connect to the RC, the app was slow because it is only a galaxy note 1, but the app was not asking for the RC updated.
13- i forced the update recognition on galaxy app by doing the Tahoe_Ed 's tip :     press buttons , C1+ C2+ record + iso , then switch on the RC by keeping pressed 4 buttons, then launch dji go app.  And the dji go app proposed me to upgrade the RC. (forgot to mention that i tryed this with iOS9 iPad air 2 but it did not work)
14- i tryed and it failed the first time, i tryed again and it failed 4 times. Then, the 5th atemp was good and the RC LED was solid blue and was beeping, then it was ok, update success !!!
15- i swithed on the bird and the bug disapeared after 10 seconds, the camera initialized, and the RC led turned green   
16- after this i tryed again with my ipad air DJI GO App, and it worked perfectly, and i recovered the RC and the bird wich got the Bricked's symptoms.

Looks like the bug was due to the RC update with the new DJI GO app when runing iOS 9 !!!

So maybe guys when you think it is over, you can still find a solution before sending back your machine to DJI. I hope my contributioncan help someone.

Once again, sorry for my English but this is not my native langage

note : my RC is 600B serie
2015-10-25
Use props
paul.webtints
lvl.2

France

GQ. Posted at 2015-10-25 18:16
Montre nous tes images. Elles doivent être très intéressantes.
Show us your images from this la ...

Will work out how to do that when I have edited and finished the video. Not sure I can do that in this forum.
2015-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules