54127 518 2015-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

Alexcmei Posted at 2015-9-28 04:04
However, if the developer of an App cannot make it work because there's a bug in the Apple iOS rel ...

I completely understand.
As a long time developer I would hope that despite your best efforts you would inform your thousands of users that there may be a problem with the latest OS release. Not wait for days until after the release and after many of your users start complaining about the problems to make a statement.

As far as rushing to upgrade. Some of us had incompatible devices that would not run the Go app and had no other recourse but to get a new device that comes with IOS 9 pre-installed with no way to downgrade. So we are sidelined with Winter fast approaching until DJI can solve the issues. I guess we are a small minority and just collateral damage in this case.
2015-9-28
Use props
sebastian.ronco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 609537 ft
Argentina

Had more than 3 months to reconciling DJI GO app  with IOS9, it is not a game. We flew an aircraft over a thousand dollars.

2 to 3 weeks is a long time.
2015-9-28
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131135 ft
United States

Read it on other forum that dji 2.30 version is out. I don't see yet on US Apple Store. It may be a matter of time now. It's claimed that its size is double of that of 2.2
2015-9-28
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

alokbhargava Posted at 2015-9-28 19:43
Read it on other forum that dji 2.30 version is out. I don't see yet on US Apple Store. It may be a  ...

It's a 100MB download, and v2.3 is an Android version, not the iOS version.
2015-9-28
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

contact@flyhigh Posted at 2015-9-28 02:32
Yes I too own a company and am a huge supporter of DJI product line. That being said the most impo ...

I do own a company myself and this is not my first one. DJI Management have a problem to solved. We call it Fast Growing Company. This is a good news for a company but need a lot of competence to manage.
2015-9-28
Use props
contact
lvl.3
Flight distance : 211312 ft
  • >>>
United States

GQ. Posted at 2015-9-28 13:19
I do own a company myself and this is not my first one. DJI Management have a problem to solved. W ...

I totally agree, growth without management and direction is a slippery slope. They mean well but I think they need more product and application testing before release to the public. I am a big supporter of DJI but I would like to see things smoothed out a bit.  
2015-9-28
Use props
Alexcmei
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

aopisa Posted at 2015-9-28 06:46
I completely understand.
As a long time developer I would hope that despite your best efforts you  ...

The DJI GO app could have been tested and a recommendation from DJI to *not upgrade to 9.0.1* - definitely is due. To not test the DJI GO app is silly. To test and not pub the results is also silly.

I does feel like we're the test-group and if that's the case then a bit more love for us test-cases would be good. Say, more credit. A free lens cap? early access to the DJI GO app for iOS 9.0.1 ? I'd be part of their beta test group, assuming there's a DJI GO app built specifically for 9.x..

By the time we're done chatting about this, my instinct is, there will be a DJI announcement of a new DJI Go release.

Speaking of which I sense a new product upgrade coming from DJI as well.
2015-9-28
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

contact@flyhigh Posted at 2015-9-27 23:32
Yes I too own a company and am a huge supporter of DJI product line. That being said the most impo ...

I do not know when those features will be on the Matrice. Sorry.
2015-9-28
Use props
lobsang.christo
New

Germany

i guess that's when we all see the limits of a Chinese company. great, until they have to excel in customer service and support. then : nothing.
you might have the best p^roducts, if you go on with such a mediocre customer service, not answering anyone, not having any public answer, things won't go right..
your service is bad Dji, really really bad. and we're left here to wait for you to come back from your chinese holidays i guess ?
2015-9-28
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

Alexcmei Posted at 2015-9-29 09:19
The DJI GO app could have been tested and a recommendation from DJI to *not upgrade to 9.0.1* - de ...

and you know all this how?   I have iPad2 Air upgraded to 9.01 and have no issues at all with P3P,  flown over 2 hours so far without a single issue.
2015-9-29
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

nicwilson Posted at 2015-9-29 13:38
and you know all this how?   I have iPad2 Air upgraded to 9.01 and have no issues at all with P3P,  ...

He knows all this because there was no information from DJI at all, not regarding the DJI Assist app or the DJI GO app.

You do realise that any serious app developer do more then start the app for a couple of hours to try it out on a new OS.... but for the DJI Assist app all testing needed would have been to start it , as it crashes instantly on iOS9...

iOS9 has been available for Devs. for quite sometime and there was a massive updates for the big apps on iOS9.

The way DJI handled this update is inexcusable, period.
2015-9-29
Use props
sfaulk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 956535 ft
United States

I flew 11 flights for a client and the app was unstable. The calibrate screen wasn't coming up one the Master RC only on the Slave RC. Which is weird. Also the video signal from the I1 was choppy and pixelated. I don't want to bag on DJI because I love their products but I'm having the feeling that I have to update or else... I've already had one job (a while ago) where we had to find a store and buy a USB thumb drive to do an emergency update. So, DJI software update guys and gals, please get your @$%# together before you send out and update. And by the way, the last version was rock solid, I mean, an app that was flawless.
2015-9-29
Use props
vellis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 402552 ft
  • >>>
United States

jebryant10@att. Posted at 2015-9-21 04:57
I use an iPaid Air 2 with iOS9 and have 4 flights with no problums.

I've an iPad Mini 2 and am getting breakup and no video at times.
Acting like a very weak signal, as the breakup and blank video doesn't happen at close range.
Going to map view causes the app to crash -- always.
2015-9-29
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

Have any of you tried turning off some of the extra useless stuff?   

http://osxdaily.com/2015/09/18/slow-ios-9-speed-up-tips/
2015-9-29
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

Canada

I can only sympathize with you folks having an issue with the update. I, fortunately, have had no issues. I purchased my I1 D model at the end of July and it has been rock solid through all the updates from DJI and Apple. I am using an iPad Air 2 and on the latest IOS from Apple. i have been in flight and switched from DJI GO to DronePan to AutoPilot and back to GO with only having to quit the last app to get the GO app back. No video drop outs, nothing. I am knocking on wood and crossing my fingers that I continue to have no issues. I wish I had an answer to your problems.
2015-9-29
Use props
boxerman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

I am using my P3A with my iPhone 6S IOS 9.01 and iPad Mini 3 IOS 9.01 with both the Go App and the Autopilot App.  The only problem I see is a dropout of the video feedback, but the recorded stills and video are flawless.  Flight controls on the RC of course are not affected by any of the IOS 9 problems.  I have not checked the flight log save problems that have been reported - actually don't care about those.  I'm not going to downgrade my IOS versions - still flying with confidence.  Video dropout is not a game-stopper with me because I am currently ALWAYS flying with a clear line-of-sight.
2015-9-29
Use props
Phuglie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United Kingdom

boxerman Posted at 2015-9-30 05:10
Video dropout is not a game-stopper with me because I am currently ALWAYS flying with a clear line-of-sight...

... as indeed should all of us!
2015-9-29
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
United States

Phuglie Posted at 2015-9-30 03:24
... as indeed should all of us!

Yes, for me this is a camera with a unique vantage point. So, I need to see what I am doing to get the shots I need.
2015-9-30
Use props
colterk
New

United States

lobsang.christo Posted at 2015-9-28 22:26
i guess that's when we all see the limits of a Chinese company. great, until they have to excel in c ...

Couldn't have been said any better.  There are zero excuses for a mistake like this that affects close to everyone. DJI FIGURE IT OUT...
2015-9-30
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
United States

DJI: We are not expecting much from you, please just let us know:

1. What issues did you notice with new iOS 9 release?
2. How many issues have been resolved?
3. Any ETA for the remaining fixes?
4. When is the next release of DJI Go App (iOS version) expected?

Please understand that we are your customers who have bought items worth $1000s from you and we need your support. We don't mind you saying you are unable to find solutions for certain issues quickly.
2015-9-30
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Apple just released iOS 9.0.2.  I hope DJI is up to date...
2015-9-30
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-9-30 14:55
Apple just released iOS 9.0.2.  I hope DJI is up to date...

This shows poor quality checks at Apple but fast actions to help customers.
2015-9-30
Use props
Friendlyfred
lvl.1

United States

IOS 9 just came out with a new update.
2015-9-30
Use props
Friendlyfred
lvl.1

United States

IOS 9 has already been updated once. Apple has still not approved the newest DJI GO 9/30/2015 I get this announcement: Inspire 1 Pro and Zenmuse X5 support for DJI GO (iOS) is still pending approval by Apple. What is the difference between an Inspire 1 and an Inspire 1 Pro? Is the pro the one with the fancy new camera? I am waiting for the all clear before I update my iPad Air 2 to IOS 9. DJI, please put out an announcement when it is safe to update!!!
2015-9-30
Use props
Friendlyfred
lvl.1

United States

I answered my own question on the difference between standard and pro Inspire 1... Answer...many more $$$
2015-9-30
Use props
Alexcmei
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

nicwilson Posted at 2015-9-29 04:38
and you know all this how?   I have iPad2 Air upgraded to 9.01 and have no issues at all with P3P,  ...

That's great.. ok 'some users are experiencing problems with iOS 9' I'm perfectly happy waiting until things settle down. I had an iPad Air 2 running 9.0.2 and it seems fine to me.
2015-9-30
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

paullindqvist Posted at 2015-9-29 22:12
He knows all this because there was no information from DJI at all, not regarding the DJI Assist a ...

Poppy cock  dont agree at all not even 1%
2015-9-30
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

Whine whine whine,  whinge whinge whinge,  that all I seem to see here from a lot of users
2015-9-30
Use props
Alexcmei
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

paullindqvist Posted at 2015-9-29 05:12
He knows all this because there was no information from DJI at all, not regarding the DJI Assist a ...

Nah, think of how Facebook, Google handle customer support. non-existent.  DJI is better. looks like 9.0.2 is out
2015-9-30
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Alexcmei Posted at 2015-10-1 05:02
Nah, think of how Facebook, Google handle customer support. non-existent.  DJI is better.  looks ...

Works on 9.0.2 iPad Air 2. Except the triangle not following the playback, but I can live with that. Some dropouts on the videofeed now and then, bur thats usually very far up or away and usually occurs when close to recidents or radio towers. So I'm pretty happy over all
2015-10-1
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Friendlyfred Posted at 2015-9-30 18:09
IOS 9 has already been updated once. Apple has still not approved the newest DJI GO 9/30/2015 I get  ...

Not quite right.  Apple has released 3 versions of iOS since September 16th.  There has been:

iOS 9.0.0,  iOS 9.0.1 and now iOS 9.0.2.

That's an average of one new update per week since Sept 16th.
2015-10-1
Use props
BRENT1956
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3686975 ft
United States

m.friedl@a1.net Posted at 2015-9-22 03:44
The Question is - are all or which IOS-Devives are effected ?

Mike

ipad mini 4 running ios 9.0.2 P3P flies fantastic! do have the map flight playing with craft at homepoint and yellow route line just going route?
2015-10-1
Use props
bob.mimlitch
lvl.2

United States

mpdigiman Posted at 2015-9-22 01:57
Thank You DJI. Good advice. I found ios 9 a huge step backwards with loss of signal, picture freeze  ...

I too was flying a P3P with an iPad Mini 2 and was having video breakup and freezing.  Just updated to iOS v9.0.2 and the problem is resolved for me.  Hope other find this works for them.
2015-10-1
Use props
jeffgullikson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1962339 ft
United States

I hope so too
2015-10-1
Use props
jtheogr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303973 ft
Greece

Apple yesterday stopped signing iOS 8.4.1 and the first version of iOS 9, so Users who have upgraded to iOS 9 are now unable to downgrade back to the last version of iOS 8, iOS 8.4.1.

Come on DJI.
2015-10-1
Use props
Alexcmei
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

bob.mimlitch@me Posted at 2015-10-1 09:25
I too was flying a P3P with an iPad Mini 2 and was having video breakup and freezing.  Just update ...

love to hear if others with iPhones had improved performance. I have an iPhone 6 plus, which rattles a little with 9.0.1, so it was downgraded to 8.4.2 .. It a few others with iPhone 6 / 9.0.2 are finding zero problems, I'd be first to return to iOS 9.
2015-10-1
Use props
Phuglie
lvl.4
United Kingdom

nicwilson Posted at 2015-10-1 03:05
Whine whine whine,  whinge whinge whinge,  that all I seem to see here from a lot of users

Thanks for whining about all the whingers, or - in other words -  whinging about all the whiners!
2015-10-1
Use props
LeHussard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 297523 ft
France

BRENT1956@GMAIL Posted at 2015-10-1 18:12
ipad mini 4 running ios 9.0.2 P3P flies fantastic! do have the map flight playing with craft at ho ...

Yes, same as u.
Mini 4 wifi+cell IOS 9.0.1
2015-10-1
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
United States

I just got an new mini 4, but it has been raining and I have not had a chance to try it out. Not sure if I should try it on 9 or just jump to 9.0.2 untested.
2015-10-1
Use props
Phuglie
lvl.4
United Kingdom

aopisa Posted at 2015-10-1 22:40
I just got an new mini 4, but it has been raining and I have not had a chance to try it out. Not sur ...

I'm thinking of getting the mini 4 too, but for now staying with my Air 2. I think the mini is perhaps what DJI had in mind, size-wise for the P3 given their large Monitor Hood accessory.
2015-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules