Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO for iOS9
54113 523 2015-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alexcmei
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

bob.mimlitch@me Posted at 2015-10-1 09:25
I too was flying a P3P with an iPad Mini 2 and was having video breakup and freezing.  Just update ...

love to hear if others with iPhones had improved performance. I have an iPhone 6 plus, which rattles a little with 9.0.1, so it was downgraded to 8.4.2 .. It a few others with iPhone 6 / 9.0.2 are finding zero problems, I'd be first to return to iOS 9.
2015-10-1
Use props
Phuglie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United Kingdom

nicwilson Posted at 2015-10-1 03:05
Whine whine whine,  whinge whinge whinge,  that all I seem to see here from a lot of users

Thanks for whining about all the whingers, or - in other words -  whinging about all the whiners!
2015-10-1
Use props
LeHussard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 297523 ft
France

BRENT1956@GMAIL Posted at 2015-10-1 18:12
ipad mini 4 running ios 9.0.2 P3P flies fantastic! do have the map flight playing with craft at ho ...

Yes, same as u.
Mini 4 wifi+cell IOS 9.0.1
2015-10-1
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

I just got an new mini 4, but it has been raining and I have not had a chance to try it out. Not sure if I should try it on 9 or just jump to 9.0.2 untested.
2015-10-1
Use props
Phuglie
lvl.4
United Kingdom

aopisa Posted at 2015-10-1 22:40
I just got an new mini 4, but it has been raining and I have not had a chance to try it out. Not sur ...

I'm thinking of getting the mini 4 too, but for now staying with my Air 2. I think the mini is perhaps what DJI had in mind, size-wise for the P3 given their large Monitor Hood accessory.
2015-10-1
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
United States

Phuglie Posted at 2015-10-1 17:58
I'm thinking of getting the mini 4 too, but for now staying with my Air 2. I think the mini is per ...

I think the mini is just the right size and not too heavy. I was on a film set providing drone footage for the scence they were filming today. The crew was using a black magic camera with a monitor smaller than the mini and that was fine too.  They did not need a giant screen. There is enough real estate on the mini for the info you need at a glance and still see what you are filming clearly.
2015-10-1
Use props
Friendlyfred
lvl.1

United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-10-1 23:17
Not quite right.  Apple has released 3 versions of iOS since September 16th.  There has been:

iOS ...

Tnx, you are correct.
I keep checking the forum for an announcement from DJI. I read 9.0.2 is good with an iPad Air 2, then the writer describes problems (triangle not following etc)... THAT is NOT good.
Until bugs are gone (2-3 weeks) there is no way i will jeopardize a $3,000 investment.
DJI READ THIS...
Email us all when the app is fixed. We don't live on this forum all the time waiting... PLEASE
2015-10-1
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

nicwilson Posted at 2015-10-1 04:05
Whine whine whine,  whinge whinge whinge,  that all I seem to see here from a lot of users

Cute Sonny.. I understand that for those of you who does this for a hobby it's acceptable. For me any others who depend on the gear for a living it's not acceptable at all.

Releasing a fw for the Ronin-M that made it unusable for many, without going out with a official statement or solution show's your not serious about catering to the professional market. Same thing goes for not testing the DJI Assist app, simply ignorant to let customers find out for them self that it won't even start on iOS 9.

2015-10-2
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

You know, I think some of you owe a public apology to DJI.   I just got the third IOS update, in as many weeks this morning.  If the OS was stable, they wouldn't be sending out weekly updates to fix things.  Some of you were more than happy to lay the blame on DJI.  Now lets sit back and see if you are big enough to say you're sorry for jumping to conclusions.

Maybe you should have been on the IOS forums complaining, instead of blaming DJI.
2015-10-2
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
United States

Starship Posted at 2015-10-2 09:32
You know, I think some of you owe a public apology to DJI.   I just got the third IOS update, in as  ...

Maybe that's true for IOS 9.0.1. and 9.0.2. Not for IOS 9 which had developer betas available for months. Then DJI releases a major update to their app one week ahead of IOS 9 being released. It's only after days of people complaining about problems that they issue a statement that there are incompatibly issues and to not upgrade. They either did not do thorough testing or basically hoped it wouldn't be too bad or just didn't care.

I emailed them immediately after the release of IOS 9. It took them a week to get back to me to say they are working on the problem and they did not have a date as to when the issue would be resolved.

Many apps have issues all the time when a new IOS is released. Good developers have to scramble to try to keep up if they have incompatibly issues. With hundreds of thousands of apps, it is not Apple's responsibility to check to see if they are all compatible whether you think that is fair or not.

In the light of all these facts, it's still DJI's responsibility to apologize to their customers.

2015-10-2
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

aopisa Posted at 2015-10-2 08:53
Maybe that's true for IOS 9.0.1. and 9.0.2. Not for IOS 9 which had developer betas available for  ...

It's a possibility that Apple made a change just before the release.  And if it was stable, why THREE updates in THREE weeks.  I think APPLE is to blame, not DJI. There are other apps having problems on 9.  Apple should have maintained backwards compatibility.
2015-10-2
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
United States

Starship Posted at 2015-10-2 10:08
It's a possibility that Apple made a change just before the release.  And if it was stable, why THR ...

It is very possible. We will never know.

It probably wasn't the best idea for DJI to release their major update so close to Apple releasing IOS 9.

The problems are only going to get worse I think. I just read an article where a million drones will be sold this Christmas. Guess who is going to be the benefit of a large portion of those million? And many of those folks are not going to be as careful or knowledgeable as the people on this forum. With the problems they have with support and service now, this could bring them to their knees. Selling them seems to be no problem for DJI.
2015-10-2
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131135 ft
United States

No doubt there were issues with iOS but as I understand many members got upset as DJI didn't bother to answer their questions. DJI announced that go back to iOS 8.4.1 as they observed issues with iOS 9. There was a big silence thereafter. We saw frustrations of many coming out through their posts. Blaming Apple or Dji will not help anyone, we need to work together.
2015-10-2
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
United States

Few more points: 1. I am using iPad mini 2, should I upgrade to iOS 9.0.2?
2015-10-2
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
United States

2. iOS 9.1 is already with dev community, I believe DJI is analyzing it
2015-10-2
Use props
duey101
lvl.2

Indonesia

Unfortunately downgrading is no longer an option as Apple has stopped signing the 8.4.1 firmware, your stuck with 9.X.X

I went ahead and installed 9.0.2 after my iPad mini 2 crashed on me, had no choice but 9.0.2.
2015-10-2
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
United States

duey101 Posted at 2015-10-2 11:29
Unfortunately downgrading is no longer an option as Apple has stopped signing the 8.4.1 firmware, yo ...

Is DJI GO on iPad Mini 2 working with iOS 9.0.2 now or you don't want to risk again?
2015-10-2
Use props
bikkelrealg2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481175 ft
Netherlands

alokbhargava Posted at 2015-10-2 20:42
Is DJI GO on iPad Mini 2 working with iOS 9.0.2 now or you don't want to risk again?

Its not working correct some bugs and video feed is sometimes going black and shocking around
2015-10-2
Use props
duey101
lvl.2

Indonesia

alokbhargava Posted at 2015-10-3 02:42

On the ground it seems everything is okay, it all seems to be functioning properly but I probably won't fly it again until the new updates come out.  Not very far anyway...
2015-10-2
Use props
LeHussard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 297523 ft
France

Ipad Mini 4 Wifi+cell, IOS 9.0.1
Last firmware.
Made 2 flights today.
Everything perfect, i tryed POI and CL.
500m distance with perfect signal.
2015-10-2
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

I have found an iPad Mini 2 Wi Fi + Cellular with 8.3 and bingo no more problems.I will not take any other risk with the 9.0 untill everyone are 100% satisfied.
2015-10-2
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
United States

We have many confirmations that iPad Mini 4 works well with iOS 9.0.x. Its known to have faster processor compared to iPad Mini 2 so one may not notice sluggishness or may not see blank screens now and then.

I have yet to see any one having good experience flying with iPad Mini 2. This is the first area we would like DJI to focus. Once thats done, I am sure all issues will be resolved. Main issue seems to be handling large streaming data with iOS 9 new libraries.
2015-10-2
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

Starship Posted at 2015-10-2 23:32
You know, I think some of you owe a public apology to DJI.   I just got the third IOS update, in as  ...

Absolutely  ;)
2015-10-2
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

paullindqvist Posted at 2015-10-2 20:01
Cute Sonny.. I understand that for those of you who does this for a hobby it's acceptable. For me  ...

Then why did you upgrade to an unstable OS9  when its had two updates in as many weeks huh?  you just blew your own statement,  a pro would not have been so quick to upgrade !!!
2015-10-2
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

Starship Posted at 2015-10-3 00:08
It's a possibility that Apple made a change just before the release.  And if it was stable, why THR ...

Exactly,  I could have not said it better myself.   it amuses me those crying they use it professionally and blame DJI,  when a true pro would not have upgraded to OS9 so quickly.
2015-10-2
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
United States

---duplicate----removed it---sorry
2015-10-2
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
United States

If statics is correct over 50% of the iOS users in US had upgraded to iOS 9.x.x in less than 15 days
2015-10-2
Use props
William Burrows
lvl.2
Flight distance : 228698 ft
United States

Hi.
I had my first crash, it took out my camera and scared up my Phantom 3.  My lack of flying skills cost me
$477.00 for a new camera.  I blame no one but my self because it was my fault, I hit a small tree branch at 15 feet.  I would suggest DJI ground everyone using IOS9 before someone gets hurt.  This sport as you know is very dangerous without full control of your Drone.  Everyone needs to call Apple thats were the real problem lies, I did and explained how serious this problem was and they promised to email me back with updates, more people need to call Apple and hound them until the software is fixed.
While your grounded fly your Dromida Ominus around the house.
William E. Burrows Jr.
2015-10-2
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

nicwilson Posted at 2015-10-3 01:10
Then why did you upgrade to an unstable OS9  when its had two updates in as many weeks huh?  you ju ...

Im not sure how old you are but you reasoning is amusing to say the least... I use and own several apple products daily for my work. All my iOS9 devices update without a problem, i got about 20 apps that got update shortly after NOT ONE of my iOS9 devices has failed nor any apps since the update. Except the DJI apps. The DJI App assist didn't even start on iOS9 making excuse is a futile mission as DJI didn't bother to test the app on iOS9 if they had they would have known it wasn't compatible and issued a statement regarding that fact.

Most of the fixes rolled out shorty after the iOS9 launch was targeted at older iOS device, non which i own. iOS9 never was unstable on any of my devices, period.

2015-10-2
Use props
Phuglie
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-23 02:19
GB44 and aopisa,

As of right now the DJI engineers have not shared with me any info on why the reco ...

Thanks Dave, any news?
2015-10-3
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

The only issue I have flying with iOS is having outdated maps loaded into the system.
Some of the current structures in my city are not even present.
With Android I don't have this issue.

Aside from the maps, no problems with iOS or Android.

2015-10-3
Use props
info.openmind-i
New
Flight distance : 77851 ft
Germany

Hi, has this got to do with live view image break up? If so, I´ve been having problems since I upgraded to iOS9. And as wrose66 wrote, I don´t know how to downgrade to iOS8.4
When is the bug fix going to come online?
Cheers
Charles
2015-10-3
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Phuglie Posted at 2015-10-3 01:15
Thanks Dave, any news?

On this issue I believe Tim will know before me.
2015-10-3
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
United States

info.openmind-i Posted at 2015-10-3 01:52
Hi, has this got to do with live view image break up? If so, I´ve been having problems since I upgr ...

You are seeing the same problems what others reported with old devices like iPad Mini 2. I believe you can't downgrade any more, just wait for the fixes from DJI though no ETA is yet known.
2015-10-3
Use props
timjd3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 531217 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've made 6 flights now with iOS 9.0.2  on an iPad Mini 3 and iPad Air.   Besides the lousy video feed (that is effectively worthless) I also lost connections 4 of the 6 flights.    However,  it did re-establish a link within ~15-20 seconds.   I was flying in wide open park / nature areas so not really a safety issue, but I'm hesitant to go out again until the issue is resolved.

Whether they owe their customers anything is debatable, but I do think DJI could do a better job of identifying/quantifying the problem, then making some scheduling commitment to resolve.
2015-10-3
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
United States

timjd3@cox.net Posted at 2015-10-3 11:58
I've made 6 flights now with iOS 9.0.2  on an iPad Mini 3 and iPad Air.   Besides the lousy video fe ...

With Tim's feedback over multiple trials, its confirmed that even we have performance issues with iPad Mini 3 and iPad Air.

So far we have feedback that members are successful with ONLY iPad Mini 4.

Meanwhile I had a chance to meet my old colleague who works for Apple now, I discussed the matter with him. He said:

1. Though iOS 9 is totally different over iOS 8 at kernel level and iOS 9 is backward compatible with iOS 8, one will get better performance with iOS 9 if the apps are tweaked properly (??).

2. Many big companies (??) have released modified apps for better streaming solutions.

3. Don't expect any release from Apple to solve app related general issues. Most of the iOS updates we see are aimed to correct iPhone / iPad specific issues.
2015-10-3
Use props
wrose66
lvl.1

United States

alokbhargava Posted at 2015-10-4 04:51
With Tim's feedback over multiple trials, its confirmed that even we have performance issues with i ...

Interesting, after upgrading my iPhone 6 and iPad Mini 2 both to iOS 9.0.2, the iPad still has the video tearing and going black intermittently, even at close distance; but tried my iPhone 6 which didn't seem to have the video breakup problem.  Just wonder if there is something I can turn off within the iPad Mini or is it just that the processor is faster in the newer iPhone?
2015-10-3
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
United States

If I understand correctly, tearing of video on screen happens when refresh rate and CPU loading rate go out of sync. i don't see any ways to adjust capturing rate setting for controller videos. Only possibility I see is to disable video cache and set to auto clear cache. Try this and let us know if it has any improvement on tearing of videos.
2015-10-3
Use props
Othy
New
Flight distance : 34659 ft
Australia

Hi Tim
How is the update going?
I still can't download the app on my iPad.
Keeps saying "This app is not compatible with your device"
It's holding me back from purchasing the Phantom 3 Pro
2015-10-4
Use props
wrose66
lvl.1

United States

alokbhargava Posted at 2015-10-4 14:18
If I understand correctly, tearing of video on screen happens when refresh rate and CPU loading rate ...

Just tried turning Video Cache to "Disabled" rather than "Recording", Auto Cleanup Video Cache is ON, and manually Cleared Video Cache on my iPad Mini 2.  So far, video breakup seemed to stop.  I let it run for almost 10 minutes.  Turned Video Cache back to "Recording" and video breakup happened within 2 minutes.  Maybe this is a temporary fix?
2015-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules