54126 518 2015-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jllewis5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1763117 ft
United States

pi.productions Posted at 2015-10-9 00:51
I have been having several issues since upgrading to the latest IOS. Including, flickering video and ...

These are exactly the issues I'm having.  One minute you're fine...the next...boom...I'm staring at my home screen.
2015-10-9
Use props
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

This thread suggests that unintallling and reinstalling GO 2.3 fixed the problem.  See post #36.
http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... update.55804/page-2

I'm sticking with 8.4.1 and GO 2.2 until I hear the problem is fixed.

2015-10-9
Use props
jllewis5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1763117 ft
United States

mikeon Posted at 2015-10-9 09:25
This thread suggests that unintallling and reinstalling GO 2.3 fixed the problem.  See post #36.
htt ...

I uninstalled and reinstalled 2.2 and the problem didn't go away.  Then...the app updated to 2.3 and the problem was still there.  I could uninstall and reinstall 2.3 but I'm not confident that will fix anything.
2015-10-9
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

mikeon Posted at 2015-10-9 06:25
htt ...

I have been flying with a iPad mini 2 on 8.4 with Go 2.3.  I have had no issues with my Inspire, Matrice and S900 with Lightbridge 2.  I just ordered a Mini 4 wifi only.  It will be interesting to see how it does.
2015-10-9
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

jllewis5 Posted at 2015-10-9 09:51
I uninstalled and reinstalled 2.2 and the problem didn't go away.  Then...the app updated to 2.3 a ...

Try to reboot your tablet or if not good try to Reinitialized your tablet after delete the App.
2015-10-9
Use props
leon.hughes
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-9 14:52
I have been flying with a iPad mini 2 on 8.4 with Go 2.3.  I have had no issues with my Inspire, M ...

I haven't upgraded to iOS 9 yet, but I'm finding DJI Go 2.3 very unstable.  It has crashed and quit on me on 3 occasions now mid flight.  Not use if upgrading to iOS 9 will fix this, but since I can't downgrade, I'll hold fire for now.
2015-10-9
Use props
leon.hughes
lvl.1

United Kingdom

leon.hughes Posted at 2015-10-9 20:34
I haven't upgraded to iOS 9 yet, but I'm finding DJI Go 2.3 very unstable.  It has crashed and qui ...

I'm using an iPad Air 2...
2015-10-9
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131135 ft
United States

DJI-Tim: Let's know the plans to fix issues.
2015-10-9
Use props
kalatos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23379 ft
Poland

Hello Dears,

I am staring to be frustrated to. Apple block possibility to downgrade to 8.4.1 I tried all the described in the internet ways

My configuration is:

iPad Mini 2 Cellular with 16GB
Phantom 3 Advance with latest FW upgrades
iOS 9.0.2 ; App 2.3.0

the same as alokbhargava has.

When DJI engineers plan to release DJI go app version stable for iOS 9.x.x?

Personally for me it is very crucial, hard to imagine potential risk to fly with such unstable application like we have now. In case of potential crash related with application stability who takes responsibility?

Waiting for quick and positive feedback from DJI.
2015-10-9
Use props
carminepettinic
lvl.1

United States

phantom  3  esc
2015-10-9
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
United States

It becomes difficult to prove that crash happened due to its SW and there was not any user error during the crash.

That's why I have grounded my P3A.  

2015-10-9
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Uninstall the DJI app  2.3.0 will help.
2015-10-10
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

After uninstall the DJI GO app then install it again, the app will not crash when start/stop the video recording even the hard code decode was on. I have tested this and it is good. Ipad air 2 64gb, ios 9.0.2 DJI GO 2.3.0
2015-10-10
Use props
Paul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 750922 ft
United Kingdom

Just flown 2 batteries - Inspire 1 latest firmware, iPad mini 2 16gb / ios9.02, DJI Go 2.3.0.Flew out 400m and 120m high - No problems everything good.

Paul
2015-10-10
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thought I would add my experience. I was having screen blocking and slow response with ISO 9 and DJI  Go 2.20  using a Ipad mini2. It was too unstable to fly comfortably.

I updated to the latest ISO 9.2 and the DJI Go 2.3. The first battery worked fine…still a little slow response  but acceptable. The second battery worked fine until the last few minutes of flight where I got some screen blocking and a few second screen freeze. I did notice this was when the Ipad was heating up a little. The ambient temperature was perfect for flight at around 70 degrees and I was in the shade so heat should not have been a problem.

So it does seem better with the limited testing but still I believe there are some problems that need to be addressed by someone… Apple or DJI… it sure is taking a long time. I get the idea they have no idea what the problem is.

Butch
2015-10-10
Use props
tom.staticliqui
New

United Kingdom

Just inboxed my phantom 3 standard. Connected it to my iPhone 6 on iOS 9.0.2 and latest GO app from App Store and everything seemed OK. Then straight after activation of device it said device not connected and got no video or status even though I could spin motors from RC. I tested connecting my one plus one android phone and that worked fine. Went back to iPhone and still no joy . Anyway I have now FIXED mine by 1) uninstall GO app, 2) turn off iPhone 3) turn on iPhone 4) reinstall GO app 5) remove ALL wifi networks 6) reconnect wifi to RC 7)turn drone on.  All now working fine and my maiden flight was a joy!!
2015-10-10
Use props
tom.staticliqui
New

United Kingdom

tom.staticliqui Posted at 2015-10-10 19:13
Just inboxed my phantom 3 standard. Connected it to my iPhone 6 on iOS 9.0.2 and latest GO app from  ...

Forgot to mention after activation right before the start of the issue the app updated the firmware on phantom and RC. Not sure if firmware may be the issue opposed to app/ios
2015-10-10
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

C'mon Guys, give them a break. Every Developer has Hiccups!
2015-10-10
Use props
jeffgullikson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1962339 ft
United States

Has anyone tried flying with a different app?  Like autopilot or FPV Camera for the P3. Maybe those work a lot better
2015-10-10
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
United States

Got the feedback of many members that they are successful in flying P3 after clean installation of DJI Go v2.3.0 on iOS 9.0.2.   

To get the clean installation follow following steps:  

1. This assumes that you are already using iOS 9.x.x. If you are on iOS 8.4.1 with Go App 2.2, hold on, dont go for 2.3
2. Delete the current installation of DJI Go.
3. Stop all applications but double tapping home button and swiping up to close all running apps.
4. Press and hold power and home button until device shuts down.  
5. Release both the buttons for a minute or so.
6. Press the power button and leave it when you see device starting
7. Let the device boot up fully
8. Download and install DJI Go app 2.3.0
9. Run it and test it  

Give us your feedback if this resolves your issues. It is assumed that updating 2.2 directly to 2.3 doesn't do clean installation.

2015-10-10
Use props
jeffgullikson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1962339 ft
United States

I will do that.
2015-10-10
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Uninstalled then install DJI GO 2.3.0 works well fot inspire 1 too. Inspire 1, ipad air 2 64gb with ios 9.0.2 and DJI GO 2.3.0
2015-10-10
Use props
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

Reading reviews of GO 2.3.0 in the App Store.  Out of 12 reviews, 6 are reporting crashes or freezes.  Of the 5-star reviews, 2 haven't even flown yet so their reviews are meaningless.  Same for a 1-star review that complains about faulty controllers and no reference to the app.  So 6 out of 9 reporting problems.  I fully understand that people who have problems with the app are more likely to write reviews than people who don't.  But the percentage having problems is probably not insignificant.  
I'm still on 8.4.1 and 2.2.0.
2015-10-11
Use props
nhilliard
lvl.1

Canada

mikeon Posted at 2015-10-11 08:43
Reading reviews of GO 2.3.0 in the App Store.  Out of 12 reviews, 6 are reporting crashes or freezes ...

I was having same issues as everyone else after upgrading to ios9, I would lose video signal within 50 feet or would be extremely choppy. I did the upgrade on the day of the supermoon and thought maybe there was some interference, tried a flight the next day and still the same problem. After trying to downgrade to 8.4.1 which I wasn't able to do I decided to ground my craft and wait for some input.
Well today I have some good news my daughters iPad took a tumble on the concrete so I decided to give her mine and proceed to BestBuy. They had a ton of open box iPad mini3 with wifi and all have ios8.0

I have just came back from burning thru 2 batteries and not a problem, I was a little nervous at first as the wind was right on the flying limits, craft performed flawlessly. I might add that I'm also using the newest Go App 2.3
2015-10-11
Use props
vzanello
New

Italy

I took my Phantom3 with me on holiday, and could not fly due to several consecutive disconnections (!!!) . It was not possible to fly in such conditions, so the best places to film are only in my dreams now... iOS9 and iPhone6 brand new (2weeks) are not working at this time. Hope someone at DJI will fix or at least in the mean time, inform us about the problems!
2015-10-11
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
United States

nhilliard Posted at 2015-10-12 00:50
I was having same issues as everyone else after upgrading to ios9, I would lose video signal withi ...

It would be interesting to see app 2.3 working on iOS 8. Please give us feedback.
2015-10-11
Use props
J.Salo
lvl.1

Finland

alokbhargava Posted at 2015-10-11 21:50
It would be interesting to see app 2.3 working on iOS 8. Please give us feedback.

iPhone 6 plus : iOS 8.4.1
DJI GO 2.3
Phantom 3 Professional works like a dream!

2015-10-11
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

4 hours of flight this week end without any problem.
iPad 4 , iSO 9.02
DJI GO 2.3
2015-10-11
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
Japan

GQ. Posted at 2015-10-12 07:02
iPad 4 , iSO 9.02
DJI GO 2.3

You can make it work but others can't. What's that special in your setup/ hardware which makes you so successful?
2015-10-12
Use props
bharkup
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10425610 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I've had a dozen flights with no problems.
2015-10-12
Use props
amatthews
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675364 ft
Germany

The same issue here:

update my ipad Air to iOs 9.02 and newest DJI go app....and since this time I have a very unstable live preview...mostly of the time no connection of the app.

DJI...what do you do?
2015-10-12
Use props
Pieter
lvl.1

Netherlands

I did experience my app shutting itself down of a few times during flight. I was able to restart the app with al its functionalty's. An up-date will be appreciated
I'm flying an Inspire1 and am using an iPad air 2 with iOS 9.0.2...
2015-10-12
Use props
J.Salo
lvl.1

Finland

GQ. Posted at 2015-10-12 01:02
iPad 4 , iSO 9.02
DJI GO 2.3

Do you fly in airplane mode? You posted earlier that you try it.
And what have you enabled in "Local Services - System Services"?
I still think, some of these, compass calibration, wi-fi networking and Cell network search enabled, may be the reason in this.
Somebody with issues, should get them of and try to see it.
2015-10-12
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Pieter Posted at 2015-10-12 19:59
I did experience my app shutting itself down of a few times during flight. I was able to restart the ...

I had same problem before but after uninstalled DJI GO then installed it again. Turn off video recording into ipad, it works very well now video smooth and no laggy. I have inspire 1, ipad air 2 64gb ios 9.0.2 and DJI GO 2.3.0
2015-10-12
Use props
supergalaxy5007
New

United States

mikeon Posted at 2015-10-11 08:43
Reading reviews of GO 2.3.0 in the App Store.  Out of 12 reviews, 6 are reporting crashes or freezes ...

I'm guessing you are referring to my 1 star review of the app.  Since I wrote the review about the app, that in itself referenced it.  My problem is that since iOS 9 came out, the app will not connect to my controller at all.  It will not recognize the controller, so all I get in the app is the "How to Connect" screen.  So you tell me how I'm supposed to get past that screen so I can change my rating since it is so useless to you.
2015-10-12
Use props
Galaxy5007
New

United States

So, here is my timeline of events which have led me to be grounded.
September 15th- Flew successful 18 minute flight with the v.1.3.20 firmware loaded on both the controller and P3A. Before I started, I had gotten the notice (as I had for a week) that a firmware update was available.  Device was my iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4.1 and DJI Go 2.2.0
September 17th- Upgraded P3A to v 1.4.10 firmware.  Did a short test flight, everything worked fine.  
September 24th- 15 min flight, no issues.
September 28th- iPhone auto updated to iOS 9.0.1.  That night, I connected the P3A and the app still worked, but gave me no camera connection.  I had a scheduled flight the next day, so I tried to roll back the iOS update by downloading it and restoring my phone.  That went unsuccessful.  Once I got everything back up to speed, I downloaded the DJI Go App again and it loaded, but only would bring up the device selection screen and "How to Connect."  When plugging in my controller to the phone, I always got a tone saying it was plugged in, and usually a brief "do you trust this computer" pop up that went away 3 seconds later.  Since the restore, my phone doesn't recognize the controller at all.  The controller does recognize my sd card adapter and is up to date on the firmware.  After reaching out to some on FB, I determined it was a compatibility issue with iOS 9. So I waited till the 2.3 version of the Go app came out.
October 7th- iOS 9.0.2 updated; Tried connecting after the DJI Go App update, still doesn't recognize the P3A controller.  It is almost like it doesn't have a driver to recognize my phone, or my phone doesn't want to recognize the controller.  At this point I attempted to use someone else's phone, and got the same result, stuck on the "how to connect" screen with no option to go into camera view.  I also purchased a ipad mini 4 wi-fi, and attempted yet again to download the app and connect it to the P3A controller.  Again, no dice...no recognition of the controller or acknowledgement of the P3A being turned on.  This is why I am stuck on the ground still.  Nobody has been of any help and everyone gives me the same rundown of check this and check that with the assumption that I am just a moron that doesn't know how to fix anything on my own.

Of note; While the APP does not connect to the controller, the controller and P3A work fine.  I am able to take off, land, fly around the area in line of sight, the gimbal moves up and down to the controller input...I just have zero connection through the application.  Three different iOS devices with 9 or better on it and no luck.
2015-10-12
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

J.Salo Posted at 2015-10-12 07:59
Do you fly in airplane mode? You posted earlier that you try it.
And what have you enabled in "Loca ...

AIrplane Mode yes.
What do you mean by Local Services ?
Once you are in air plane mode there is no internet connection possible.
2015-10-12
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

alokbhargava Posted at 2015-10-12 04:56
You can make it work but others can't. What's that special in your setup/ hardware which makes you ...

I dont know  how many  thousands or millions of P3 on the market right now but some of them having problems is minimal that is for sure. You agree with this. And all those not having problems are not here.
I do because I think it is important to know that the P3 works fine for more users.
iPad Mini 4 Cellular with 16GB
Phantom 3 Advance with latest FW upgrades
iOS 9.0.2 ; App 2.3.0
2015-10-12
Use props
J.Salo
lvl.1

Finland

GQ. Posted at 2015-10-12 16:55
AIrplane Mode yes.
What do you mean by Local Services ?
Once you are in air plane mode there is no ...

Yes, i know that. But if you only deactive those, you dont need to go airplane mode. That i mean. We can maybe localize the issue by testing like this.
2015-10-12
Use props
J.Salo
lvl.1

Finland

Sorry my english!!!!
2015-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules